• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD to Launch 7nm "Grey Hawk" Quad-Core APUs in 2019

Wow, many desperate AMD haters here. How ridiculous. Every AMD news is spammed by these people, no optimism, just pessimism and hating going around. I guess this was "doomsday #12726" for AMD.

I doubt many of them even read the source.

The quote is from a GLOBALFOUNDRIES Press Release 2 weeks ago where AMD wasn't the only one commenting on future node use.

AMD said:
“Leading-edge technologies like GLOBALFOUNDRIES 7nm FinFET are an important part of how we deliver our long-term roadmap of computing and graphics products that are capable of powering the next generation of computing experiences,” said Dr. Lisa Su, president and CEO, AMD. “We look forward to continuing our close collaboration with GLOBALFOUNDRIES as they extend the solid execution and technology foundation they are building at 14nm to deploy high-performance, low-power 7nm technology in the coming years.”

AMD doesn't even mention product state just the expected, "We'll be using the node"

The speculation is from one HotHardware sentence. WCCFTech has written like 20 speculative articles all linking to the GlobalFoundries Press Release as basis.

HotHardware said:
New reports are showing that AMD could launch a Zen APU in 2019 that would contain 4 cores and 8 threads - and offer a power rating as low as 10W. Compound that with the fact that AMD is also going to be improving instructions-per-clock performance by about 40%, and this could really be a formidable contender.

HotHardware goes on to speculates on IGP arch.

Which makes some of these post Tinfoil entertaining.

Last edited:

ixi

This is just... C'mon... Zen is not out even and now next product, I'm starting to think that Zen will be upgrade comparing to last AMD CPU's but against intel I'm fearing... I hope it's not like that...