• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WW1 British Mark 5 TANK Gaming PC

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8370CPU Cooling: Corsair H55 All-In-One-CoolerGPU: TWO SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480 DirectX 12 100406NT+4GOCL 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support GPU Cooling: OEM air coolingMotherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FX Gaming Memory:Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3Storage: Neutron Series XTi, SATA 6Gbps 480GB 2.5Power Supply: Corsair CX Series CX750M

Mods:
Handcrafted WW1 Mk5 Tank ATX computer case for crossfire by MNPCTECH.COM

I was given mission to create two gaming PCs that resembled the British Mark 5 Tanks from WWI and DICE / ELECTRONIC ARTS BATTLEFIELD 1. 1st tank was for AMD which explains the Radeon Red paint. The 2nd Tank which I'll be starting shortly will be going to DICE's headquarters in Sweden. This project was the biggest challenge I've faced in my 14 years of creating custom PCs. Not so much the design, but the time given was 3.5 weeks to have it in LA for it's reveal on the 2016 Games Awards show. It was designed with just over a 1,000 individually laser cut pieces. The construction consists of .25" thick 100% cast acrylic and machined aluminum parts. During it's assembly (clocked 52 hours) I had to skip a lot of the intricate details we planned to buy myself time. Luckily I have a very understanding spouse as "Mr Tank" and I spent a lot of intimate hours on my workbench together. What's really cool about this project, is that the design and layout we created worked out better than we anticipated for an ATX system. You would imagine installing and removing the hardware would be a PITA, but it's not, especially for my big bands. You would also imagine that the cooling would be compromised by the enclosed design, buttracks are perforated for airflow to the sapphire nitro video cards and the power supply has it's own venting and the cpu cooler is mounted in the roof. You can see build stages here, https://mnpctech.com/amd-radeon-bf1-battlefield-1-scale-model-mark-v-extreme-gaming-pc-ww1-tank-case-mod.html

Hey Bill,

This is Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen. I voted our project 10/10 as I have followed it from the start :)

Kind regards,
Justin

Last edited by a moderator: