• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Releases the GeForce 382.19 Hotfix Driver - Absent from GFE

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
*shrugs*

Guess I just don't see what you see.

I also kind of agree with him though.

A late product should be something special. I mean, commercially speaking it has to be. Is this really even up for debate?

I haven't purchased an AMD product since Hawaii. They've just been too late to the punch for me, frankly, and I know I'm not the only one feeling this.

Well yeah, I guess it might be a devolution of the meaning/impact of words.
Louis CK made a joke about it once how we call everything "awesome" and "best in the world".
"So we got a burger from MCdonalds and describe it with those words and then what do you say when your baby is born?"

Im not saying AMD does not have to perform here, but "better than" is "better than".
If a Vega card has the same performance as an Nvidia card but at 90% of the price, then its better, but do we go as far as to describe 10% off as "stellar" and/or "awesome" and/or "wiping the floor with the competition" ?

Because personally I wouldn't, but OP seems to require nothing less than anything fitting those descriptions to make it worth a purchase, just better is not enough, it has to smash the competition otherwise again, go green.

But maybe theirs and my definition of "awesome/stellar/wiping the floor with" is different.