• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

No Man's Sky NEXT Update Elevates the Game to What It Was Always Supposed to Be

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
ME should have just ended at 3. They only felt compelled to carry on because of ME's ending drama, but in retrospect, it's just a damn game.. and it wasn't that bad. If anything, ME3's real fault was BEFORE the ending.. the actual planet Earth level. If they had made that badass... like the Suicide Mission in ME2, with different squad loadouts and lots of drama, then people would have been so emotionally drained that the actual ending would have been welcomed a bit more. As it is, Earth is subdued and the ending an emotional letdown.

But because of that, they wanted to redeem themselves... and listen to haters. Only they screwed up more and made a worse game.

I never understood the hate for ME3. It was a nice culmination of what preceded it and yes, the Earth level could have been a bit 'more' but it wás a pretty long and intense fight at that and honestly, the scope of the narrative was already far beyond that battle on Earth to begin with. One could wonder if ANY kind of ending that is playable would have suiited the 'end of all things' in one way or another. I liked how the game presented you with one final, ultimate choice before the credits roll in.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
I never understood the hate for ME3. It was a nice culmination of what preceded it and yes, the Earth level could have been a bit 'more' but it wás a pretty long and intense fight at that and honestly, the scope of the narrative was already far beyond that battle on Earth to begin with. One could wonder if ANY kind of ending that is playable would have suiited the 'end of all things' in one way or another. I liked how the game presented you with one final, ultimate choice before the credits roll in.

I just think it needed that closure.. especially with incporating the fleet you spent all that time building. It was very anticlimatic (the level, that is). We just got some cheap, prerendered cutscenes. Compared to ME2, it was poor.

And the thing is, they had actually planned for it. If you look into hidden audio, they had some cool stuff. I definitely would have appreciated it, since Jack was my waifu. They had her students on Earth, if you saved them.

^ The same would have been cool with, like, a scene for Aria's mercs or using a Krogan squad for some scene (and things like making the wrong choices.. like ME2.. and possibly killing them).

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Game's updated with a list of fixes.
And: yay!
"Fixed an issue where the cockpit of some ships would continually open and close"

Gotta say, if you get past the clunky aspects (general movement and selection mechanics) there is a lot of good stuff to be had. You can do a TON of new things compared to vanilla and there are actual progression systems in place now when it comes to equipment. It has gained rarities and technology is now upgraded several times which costs a new resource that accumulates more slowly and can't be mined (nanites).

So, the game now has actual purpose. That alongside the quality of life assets like teleporters for both yourself and your stuff plus the base building make this game a really sweet sandbox. And planets... are much more 'realistic' now. No more super weird combinations of weather and biome + color scheme. Its all much more specific now, the procedural generator has been vastly improved and you never sit around long without something happening/spawning to entertain you.

Can recommend this now, if you like sandbox-forge your own story- type gameplay. Haven't tried multiplayer and not intending to, btw.

Found a nice planet to settle ;) Gentle atmosphere, low sentinel, maxed flora and fauna stats... And nice views. This night sky is pretty cool imo

NMS_2018_07_27_21_55_44_198.jpg

Last edited: