• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel CFO and Interim CEO Writes an Open Letter on Processor Supply

cadaveca

My name is Dave
They are not obsiously. If in that graph where 1 million old and forgotten CPUs, AMD would have to sell a few hundred thousand Ryzen CPUs to move that graph that much, through Mindfactoty alone. They would have ended making $30 billions revenue or something like that, this quarter alone.
Then what is that graph showing, exactly?

They don't act of course with emotion when they decide what hardware they will suggest for their corporation, except if they love big unemployment vacations, but the system they have in their home could influence their final decision, even a little.

Well, I love my 1950X, but I wouldn't suggest it for anyone. I also have a system with a 2200G, and THAT... that is a great office desktop option. So you have to ask, is that graph considering pricing market share or volume?

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Why is everyone upset? Sounds like a managment problem. Bad forecasting for demand which created all sorts of downstream problems. Happens when bad managers exist.

AsRock

TPU addict
take your time intel, please no rush. I am very happy with my AMD rig and I don't have to buy a new board on every processor being released for small damn improvement.

:peace::nutkick:

How's that Intel's fault ?, fault there is the people who were buying them. Yes the people who kept buying their small ass improvments were the people to blame, maybe some at least have woke up.

One of the reason's i have not upgraded, the other being security.

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 32GB - 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600+16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB JUHOR / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, ONLY NVMes/ NVMes, SATA Storage / NVMe boot(Clover), SATA storage
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / CoolerMaster Elite 361 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / CoolerMaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / CoolerMaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10&Windows 11 / Windows 10
Then what is that graph showing, exactly?
Sales of CPUs to consumers. Every dot on those lines where probably calculated based on number of processors sold in a specific sort period of time.

Well, I love my 1950X, but I wouldn't suggest it for anyone. I also have a system with a 2200G, and THAT... that is a great office desktop option.
Here you go. From two AMD options you would suggest at least one. 2 years ago you would probably have zero AMD systems or suggest none of those as an option.

So you have to ask, is that graph considering pricing market share or volume?
I broke that paragraph because I can not make the connection between your two systems and this question. English is not my native language so probably there is the problem. But this graph shows only volume of sales from one retailer. 1000 retailers where AMD is winning represent probably, if not certainly, an insignificant market share compared for example to Dell. But those graphs do show a change.

Over here, right where you can't see me !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
word: Capitalism101

Supply is (supposedly) down + demand is up + little competition = prices stay high, which is what virtually every company on the planet wants for its products, not just intel.....