• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GDC Rescheduled to a Three Day "GDC Summer" Set for August 4-6

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
2020's Game Developers Conference (GDC), originally set to be live from March 16th through March 20th, was one of the first tech shows to be cancelled in wake of the Sars-Cov-2 outbreak. Now, the organization has announced that the event has been rescheduled a full 5 months later for August 2020. The event has been set for a three-day "GDC Summer" still taking place in Moscone Center in San Francisco, USA, starting August 4th and ending August 6th. Passes for the exhibition are already available, with early takers being offered heavy discounts over the on-floor passes.

GDC has been the stage for a number of high-profile gaming and services announcements, with the 2019 edition seeing announcements for Google's Stadia, EPIC Games detailing new features for its Unreal engine, and AMD taking the lid of their (then) upcoming 3rd generation Ryzen CPUs. Intel was first expected to detail their Xe graphics architecture at GDC 2020. It remains to be seen whether the blue giant will still be doing so in wake of this delay, or if the company will find an in-house (albeit likely online) alternative to get word of mouth flowing on their upcoming high performance graphics architecture.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
That's optimistic, I'll give em that.

Smart however it is not. Inb4 next move.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X670E-A
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
To be fair, that's about all we can do right now, aside from following health officials guidelines, is to remain optimistic (but not careless/reckless)

Space Lynx

Astronaut
That's optimistic, I'll give em that.

Smart however it is not. Inb4 next move.

Has it already been proven it will not burn out in the summer? I heard someone say it dies when it hits 77 degree sunlight. So we just need a warm summer to burn it out. Not sure if that is true or just a guess, never bothered to google it. I haven't been following it, just listening to few of my nurse friends. If that is true that it does die at 77 degrees though I am convinced Elon Musk is right and this is all a computer simulation, double 7's, seriously? The lucky number. lol

System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
Has it already been proven it will not burn out in the summer? I heard someone say it dies when it hits 77 degree sunlight. So we just need a warm summer to burn it out. Not sure if that is true or just a guess, never bothered to google it. I haven't been following it, just listening to few of my nurse friends. If that is true that it does die at 77 degrees though I am convinced Elon Musk is right and this is all a computer simulation, double 7's, seriously? The lucky number. lol
Add a 1 or higher to the front of that 77 and it might be right.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Add a 1 or higher to the front of that 77 and it might be right.

That sounds more likely. I have no idea. So now we are going from 23 trillion in debt to 27 trillion in debt, newest figures say government will go 4 trillion in debt bailing us out over next few months.

Sometimes I wonder when the debt ceiling can't be raised anymore, like who decides the rate of inflation? What's to stop all this from collapsing and someone just saying oh hey, you have printed way too much money... I mean if they can add 4 trillion so easily, why not just make it 5.5 trillion and forgive all student debt to boost house/long term buying from struggling students, etc. It's no different than this stimulus.