• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel 11th Gen Core "Tiger Lake" Promotional Videos Leak

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Promotional videos of Intel 11th Gen Core "Tiger Lake" processors leaked to the web courtesy h0x0d on Twitter. It confirms the new corporate identity of Intel, along with its new logo artistic language. It also confirms the new EVO Powered by Core brand extension, along with a separate case badge for notebooks that use Iris Xe discrete graphics (DG1) in addition to the Xe Gen12 iGPU of "Tiger Lake." Intel has a technology that can get the Xe LP iGPU and dGPU to work in tandem. VideoCardz compiled some interesting frames from the promotional videos, revealing bits such as clock speeds of up to 4.80 GHz (boost), 3.11 GHz (base), the first "Tiger Lake" parts being 4-core/8-thread, the new 10 nm SuperFin transistor, wafer- and die shots of "Tiger Lake" 4c+96EU die, and unless we're mistaken, pictures of a "Tiger Lake" package that uses a DRAM (HBM?) stack on-package, using EMIB. h0x0d also posted videos of the Lenovo Yoga 9i and HP Spectre notebooks based on "Tiger Lake."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor 3700X
Motherboard X570 TUF Plus
Cooling U12
Memory 32GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX970
Storage 512GB 970 Pro
Case CM 500L vertical
Not seeing the HBM you are claiming to see. What's the timestamp in the video for that?

if it's the images of the CPU+southbridge package or the PCB layout, neither are indicative of HBM and Intel has been packaging their southbridge into the substrate since at least the 4th gen Core-i CPUs (U series; and the first gen Core-i had a few versions which put the Northbridge on the package [modern phrase: chiplet I/O die with integrated graphics processor]).

Either way, other leaks indicate the U series are getting stuck with 4 cores, again. Intel couldn't even spot one more core in there, eh? Oh, well. Nobody said Intel had to win vs AMD. 2nd place/loser is an acceptable position for Intel, and one they should get used to.

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
Intel taking a step further into bizarre marketing worlds and a step further away from reality.

I wonder how this will fly for them. But new logo's dont win benchmarks.

System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
Intel taking a step further into bizarre marketing worlds and a step further away from reality.

I wonder how this will fly for them. But new logo's dont win benchmarks.
Intel CEO Bob Swan: "We should see this moment [the COVID-19 pandemic] as an opportunity to shift our focus as an industry from benchmarks".
Linus Torvalds: "I hope AVX512 dies a painful death, and that Intel starts fixing real problems instead of trying to create magic instructions to then create benchmarks that they can look good on."

Processor 7800X3D
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Mouse XTRFY M42
Intel CEO Bob Swan: "We should see this moment [the COVID-19 pandemic] as an opportunity to shift our focus as an industry from benchmarks".
Linus Torvalds: "I hope AVX512 dies a painful death, and that Intel starts fixing real problems instead of trying to create magic instructions to then create benchmarks that they can look good on."

They really can't make up their mind can they. Bob barely finished his sentence and the next PR piece about how Intel beats everyone everywhere comes out... with glaring inconsistencies.

Maybe the corporate disguise identity will help them this time :roll::roll: It really is entertaining to watch them twist and turn around reality and the inevitable upcoming slaughter of their biglittle concept.

Am*

System Name 3D Vision & Sound Blaster
Processor Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz (stock voltage)
Motherboard Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3
Cooling Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Special Edition (with 3x 140mm Black Thermalright fans)
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB (2x8GB 1600MHz CL8)
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX TITAN X 12288MB Maxwell @1350MHz
Storage 6TB of Samsung SSDs + 12TB of HDDs
Display(s) LG C1 48 + LG 38UC99 + Samsung S34E790C + BenQ XL2420T + PHILIPS 231C5TJKFU
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed with 6x 140mm Corsair AFs
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster Z SE + Z906 5.1 speakers/DT 990 PRO
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX 650W 80+ Platinum
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard CHERRY MX-Board 1.0 Backlit Silent Red Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Pro (RIP) + Winbloat 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 2fast4u,bro...
Wow... we already at 11th?
Yeah, we're already at 4000 series at AMD....

Bob Swan is not the right man for Intel....I don't know why he's clinging to that seat, he should go and search for other avenues since Intel needs an engineer at its core to run the company.

They really can't make up their mind can they. Bob barely finished his sentence and the next PR piece about how Intel beats everyone everywhere comes out... with glaring inconsistencies.

Maybe the corporate disguise identity will help them this time :roll::roll: It really is entertaining to watch them twist and turn around reality and the inevitable upcoming slaughter of their biglittle concept.
Big little is the future....even AMD is patenting it and probably getting a shot at it.
Increasing IPC in a core means one thing. That core will get fatter and fatter and fatter and you can gate it and turn it off so muchuntil you hit a wall and that is your lowest wattage.
So if AMD or Intel want to double their IPC in the next 5 years (and they need to do it since Apple A14 big core might just have the same IPC as Zen 2 and Skylake), they simply have no other choice than go big little if they wanna keep especially power in check.
And don't forget than AMD Zen 2 core is a relatively modest core in terms of IPC. It is 5-10% better than Skylake which is a core from 2015.
AMD is adding more and more IPC, Zen 3 will be 20% better, Zen 4 hopefully the same or more. All that extra IPC means more units, more power, so they will be forced to go big little as well, unless they find some other technical idea/solution for this problem.

Last edited:
Processor 7800X3D
Mouse XTRFY M42
Yeah, we're already at 4000 series at AMD....

Bob Swan is not the right man for Intel....I don't know why he's clinging to that seat, he should go and search for other avenues since Intel needs an engineer at its core to run the company.

Big little is the future....even AMD is patenting it and probably getting a shot at it.
Increasing IPC in a core means one thing. That core will get fatter and fatter and fatter and you can gate it and turn it off so muchuntil you hit a wall and that is your lowest wattage.
So if AMD or Intel want to double their IPC in the next 5 years (and they need to do it since Apple A14 big core might just have the same IPC as Zen 2 and Skylake), they simply have no other choice than go big little if they wanna keep especially power in check.
And don't forget than AMD Zen 2 core is a relatively modest core in terms of IPC. It is 5-10% better than Skylake which is a core from 2015.
AMD is adding more and more IPC, Zen 3 will be 20% better, Zen 4 hopefully the same or more. All that extra IPC means more units, more power, so they will be forced to go big little as well, unless they find some other technical idea/solution for this problem.

I think further specialized cores are the future. I think also the recent Intel architecture slides with more variability in resources for each chiplet are in the cards, yes. But the current implementation Intel has... nope. Its a drawback in every situation.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.

They are well prepared for that now that Raja The Almighty Koduri is with them.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X ||| Intel Core i7-3930K
Motherboard ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR ||| Asus P9X79 WS
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S ||| Be Quiet Pure Rock
Memory Crucial 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz ||| Corsair 8 x 8 GB 1333 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 3GB ||| MSI GTX 680 4GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB + 1 TB ||| Intel 545s 512 GB + 256 GB
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" ||| Eizo EV2416W 24"
Case Fractal Design Define 7 XL x 2
Audio Device(s) Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 x 2
Mouse Razer Abyssus
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire XT
Software Ubuntu
Perhaps, perhaps not. We have heared things like this before.
I'm not a fan of it, and don't believe it belongs on the desktop, since this puts a tremendous burden on the OS scheduler to manage it well, possibly to the extent where the OS needs a firmware module per CPU microarchitecture like on ARM.
There is also a risk that this will end up only looking well in synthetic benchmarks but induce terrible latency in reality.

"Fatter" in terms of transistors, yes, but not necesassarily in terms of die space.
Die sizes:
Sandy Bridge: 18.5 mm²
Skylake: 8.7 mm²
Ice Lake: 6.9 mm²

At the moment, we're hitting a clock speed wall, and will continue to do so until we get wastly different materials. So any architectural improvement which can yield a substantial IPC gain is worth it. As we can see with Intel's 14nm, it remains very energy efficient at ~4 GHz, but gets terribly inefficient at >4.5 GHz. So trading off some max boost clocks for higher IPC is certainly a good idea.

So if AMD or Intel want to double their IPC in the next 5 years (<snip>), they simply have no other choice than go big little if they wanna keep especially power in check.
Perhaps for mobile devices.
But there are substantial improvements coming down the line. Significant IPC gains may also help energy efficiency, at least for demanding threads. Small cores only makes sense for non-demanding threads.

and they need to do it since Apple A14 big core might just have the same IPC as Zen 2 and Skylake
IPC is Instructions Per Clock, not performance per clock. Comparing IPC across ISAs is completely pointless. ARM needs more instructions to do the same amount of work, especially compared to advanced x86 instructions which can eliminate a lot of branching logic. A RISC design will never be able to compete with x86 in this way.

Actually not. Zen 2 wins with heavy multithreaded workloads because Skylake have to throttle due to the inferior node, resulting in Skylake running much lower clocks than advertised for heavy multithreaded workloads.

I certainly hope Zen 3 and Zen 4 will push the performance levels forward, but I don't think it's an established fact that Zen 3 will offer "20%" more performance, and under which conditions.

I don't know what architectural innovations AMD have in store, but apparently Golden Cove (Sapphire Rapids) is "significantly bigger" than Sunny Cove (Ice Lake), and Intel are working on things like "threadlets" and ISA improvements. We are nowhere near a theoretical limit in single core speed, but it's a balancing act. For Haswell and Skylake Intel prioritized SIMD performance and cache bandwidth, benefiting many workloads substantially, while others got minimal gains. Going forward, we should expect both AMD and Intel to create more advanced front-ends, more execution ports with more ALUs and FPU/vector units, etc.

Last edited:
System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
Not sure if anyone here bothered to watch those videos from these posts. Said it before am saying it again, there will be much AMD fanboy butthurt when the full performance of these chips becomes public.

This should also stoke some fear into Nvidia / AMD about their dGPU lineups.

Capture.JPG