• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Core i9-11900K CPU-Z Benchmark Score Leaks

Never going to happen. The fact that Intel are pushing this as the replacement SKU for their 10-core part proves how truly delusional they really are. Their bean-counter CEOs last interview that I saw talked about growing margins on these dinosaur trash-tier products -- that's just how dumb he is. At least when AMD struggled against Intel, they were competing on price super-aggressively and not penny-pinching the few potential customers they had left -- at this point, Intel might as well not bother releasing this trash. Give it to the OEMs to flog this dead horse of a product, because nobody with a brain in the enthusiast market is going to buy it -- not even compared to their current offering, which is going to fall even further in price.

You mean current offerings that no one can buy? At least with Intel it's older arch means much better availability. I was actually able to buy a 10900k without issue at launch something thats still not possible for most with the ryzen 3 chips people actually want.

This almost reads like a satirical comment. Imagine shilling so hard for any single corporation, none of which give a single F about you... how do you personally benefit from doing that? Most of us are just enjoying the increased competition but you're out here propping up Intel like your life depends on it lol. I never realized how bad the fanboyism I kept hearing about was until I came into this forum. Yikes.

And when was the last time that AMD was relevant to you? Their marketshare has doubled YoY while Intel's has decreased by 20%... Lastly, Zen 4's release date on AMD's own CPU roadmap was slated for late 2022 LONG before we saw announcements of Apple securing 80% of TSMC's 5nm production capacity. Intel doesn't need to worry about that since they're still stuck with their 14nm++++++++++++++:laugh:.

To be fair he's NOT not right about their being ALOT of salty amd fans in these comment sections..... Articles like this get 10x the posts most offering nothing of use and only trying to make jokes on the Intel side because they are annoyed / scared of their egos defeat being a possibility.

To me the real sign of cinfidence in your choice you "know" to be superior is to not feel the need to defend it on every post that might challenge it.

Anyone who thought AMD taking the top performance crown would be anything but a momentary reversals hasn't been paying attention yes Intel is reaching the end of what this arch can provide but it STILL has provided uplifts everytime (something that kept them always in front of amd before).

It's great that amd actually came to compete this time but to be clear they caught up and did a typical "trading blows" type of win and knowing Intel had a planned upgrade to that existing part coming just several weeks later you'd have to very dim to not assume they "trade blows" the other way very quickly.

Hopefully what we see is both trading this title back and forth for the majority of the future leading to all of us consistently getting much better bang for our buck whenever we decide to upgrade. The fanboys really need to calm down they act like they WANT Intel to fail as of that is going to make AMD start giving out even more power for free or something... Lol

And as far as my self I'll always go with what provides the best performance around (but within the "reasonable" top tier stuff and bang for buck)

For years that's been Intel and with Intel chips typically holding their value much better in the second hand market I've stuck with them (sold 7700k last may for $300 meanwhile my buddy's 1800x from the same time in 2017 only sold for $175)

So I have Intel still and will likley sell this chip (10900k) for the new one if it really increases the gaming performance significantly (its all I really care about).

Next upgrade will be a mother fresh start and if the second hand resale market looks better I may switch sides but in 2017 I made the right choice going 7700k and I think for my upgrade in May 2020 the 10900k was still my best bet (waiting much longer would have seen my 7700k value drop very fast with 3300x dropping) and with Intel chips still holding their value incredibly well the upgrade to 11 series likely won't cost me much at all.

I'm happy to reccomened amd when it makes the most sense and it does for many but for me and my timing needs it didn't this past year.... Maybe next time.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
@Chrispy_, Rocket Lake is on 14nm.

10nm was too ambitious for several years but today, when competitors are already there Intel is lagging behind. 10nm was designed to be slightly denser than TSMC's 7nm. Intel supposedly game back a good bit of that density for one reason and another to get working chips out. TSMC's 5nm is clearly ahead, Samsung's 5nm is closer and more competitive today than Intel's comparable 7nm, which we have heard almost nothing about.
Yes, I was replying to this post which was theorising about if Intel ever used a current process for desktop.

At the moment, 10nm is still really really broken. Intel's putting on a brave face and pretending (for the sake of its share value) that 10nm is 'much better now' with Tiger Lake laptops joining the fray, but yields are still poor, clocks scaling is too poor, quad cores are the biggest chips they can successfully produce, and their attempts to make 8-core SKUs on 10nm++ isn't going well. Feb 2020 has been pushed back twice, we're now told TGL-H series are Q1-2021 and if we don't start seeing ES sample leaks soon, followed by QS samples in March/April then you know that the Q1-2021 promise is going to be broken too.

If Intel had any confidence at all in their 10nm++ process, they wouldn't have spent hundreds of millions of dollars backporting Rocket lake to 14nm+++. Low-end Tiger lake at least makes sense for laptops because even with terrible yields and production problems, having a shipping product on 10nm++ gives investors a reason to stick with Intel.

Intel's comparable 7nm, which we have heard almost nothing about.
Yeah, news about Intel 7nm is just tumbleweed at the moment. I really hope they're being less ambitious and just get a half-decent process out so that they can lay 14nm+++ to rest (or at least free up 14nm capacity to make ultra-cheap Celeron/Pentium Silver CPUs, Chipsets, and less density-critical products like ethernet and wifi controllers)

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
Look at NewEgg in the image below, Nvidia 16XX series, sorted lowest cost, any vendor - DG1 and DG2 will be a welcome addition in this environment.

They knew what they were doing when they decided to start making those cards at this point in time.

View attachment 182480
Don't get me wrong, they'd be welcomed with open arms - a third competitor in the GPU space would hopefully shake the game up enough so that it's not what it is now. Maybe I don't have all the information (will have to do some Intel dGPU reading), but the last I heard (aside from the article this morning talking about DG2 with 8GB DDR6) was that their dGPU performed similarly to Vega 8/11.

I should probably refine my statement a little. I could see Intel releasing a "capable" 1080p dGPU sometime this year. But they aren't going to be able to compete at the mid-range/high-end obviously. I predict something in the ballpark of 1660 performance. I'm afraid they're going to have to try and compete on price though, and we've seen how much Intel loves to do that /s. With the lower-end of Nvidia's Ampere line rumored to be DLSS-capable, that makes it harder for Intel to compete on the performance side of things. That said, if they can just be available, that'll be most competitive of all.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
Don't get me wrong, they'd be welcomed with open arms - a third competitor in the GPU space would hopefully shake the game up enough so that it's not what it is now. Maybe I don't have all the information (will have to do some Intel dGPU reading), but the last I heard (aside from the article this morning talking about DG2 with 8GB DDR6) was that their dGPU performed similarly to Vega 8/11.

I should probably refine my statement a little. I could see Intel releasing a "capable" 1080p dGPU sometime this year. But they aren't going to be able to compete at the mid-range/high-end obviously. I predict something in the ballpark of 1660 performance. I'm afraid they're going to have to try and compete on price though, and we've seen how much Intel loves to do that /s. With the lower-end of Nvidia's Ampere line rumored to be DLSS-capable, that makes it harder for Intel to compete on the performance side of things. That said, if they can just be available, that'll be most competitive of all.

On Intel GPUs - just depends on what we call mid range or high end I think.

I would be very unlikely to buy an Intel dGPU this year because as stated, they probably won't be high end enough for me (RTX 2060).

But I get the impression that normal joes are scrambling for scraps, it's a world where an RX 570 commands $200 and a 1650 is north of $250. Many people will give up on desktops because of this, and some will give up on PC gaming entirely. With the price of these desktop GPUs right now, anyone buying a whole new rig would be well advised to get a laptop instead. It's actually cheaper than trying to get a desktop with a decent GPU.

So the DG1 is unabashedly low end (RX 550 / MX330 level), but the DG2 looks to be at least 4x faster which would put it into the 1650 Super range. It may even rank up with a 1660 given that we have only seen early samples.

And if Intel sells enough of them, maybe they will make a new fab just for GPUs. Like the CPU market, if you need something Intel has it. That supply is invaluable even if you are an AMD acolyte. Imagine what a CPU, of any brand, would cost if Intel decided to shutter half its fabs. $5000 Zen 3 anyone?

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
On Intel GPUs - just depends on what we call mid range or high end I think.

I would be very unlikely to buy an Intel dGPU this year because as stated, they probably won't be high end enough for me (RTX 2060).
For sure. Those terms are very subjective and dependent on perspective. I'm not in the market (my 5700XT is still doing just fine, although raytracing and DLSS are tempting), but even if I was I wouldn't spring for an Intel dGPU - don't want to be an early adopter for such a new product that will likely significantly improve year over year.

But I get the impression that normal joes are scrambling for scraps, it's a world where an RX 570 commands $200 and a 1650 is north of $250. Many people will give up on desktops because of this, and some will give up on PC gaming entirely. With the price of these desktop GPUs right now, anyone buying a whole new rig would be well advised to get a laptop instead. It's actually cheaper than trying to get a desktop with a decent GPU.
Agreed. If the new console availability wasn't also awful, they wouldn't be a bad option either if all you're looking to do is game. Obviously that's not PC gaming, but it's hard to beat the experience they can offer for the price (MSRP that is). My buddy (that I tried to get to build a gaming rig probably about a year ago) just mentioned to me the other day he wouldn't mind having a PC to run a few games. Wants to hook it up to his 4K TV. I asked what his budget was and he hit me with $500 lol. Even if prices and availability weren't insane right now there's no way $500 gets you a 4K gaming rig. He said he could bump up to $1000, but even then it'd be hard.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
Something perhaps humorous to the earlier topic.

I've given up on conventional methods of finding one of the new GPUs, so I've installed a scraper and run it to see when cards are in stock. I'm running two sessions, each one hits two differrent stores.

So those things put a hefty load on my PC and it's pretty sustained.

So a funny thought crossed my mind that maybe I should get a new CPU, so I can run more bots, so I can find a GPU.

Sign of the times maybe.

1609907588376.png

Low quality post by kane nas
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
Memory G Skill F4-3800C14-8GTZN
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6900xt Red Devil
Storage Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 250GB [232 GB], Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Display(s) Samsung C32HG7xQQ (DisplayPort)
Case Graphite Series™ 730T Full-Tower Case
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Mouse Basillisk X Hyperspeed
Keyboard Blackwidow Ultimate
Software Win 10 Home
What a shame, I could not reach it, I have the 10900k at 55/54 and I do 665 points in cpuz!

The monocore performance of IPC is much better!

System Name Ryzen 5800X-PC / RyzenITX (2nd system 5800X stock)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (atx) / 5800X itx (soon one pc getting 5800X3D upgrade! ;)
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER (ATX) / X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi (ITX)
Cooling AMD Wrath Prism Cooler / Alphenhone Blackridge (ITX)
Memory OLOY 4000Mhz 16GB x 2 (32GB) DDR4 4000 Mhz CL18, (22,22,22,42) 1.40v AT & ITX PC's (2000 Fclk)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (ATX) /// AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB GDDR6 (ITX)
Storage (Sys)Sammy 970EVO 500GB & SabrentRocket 4.0+ 2TB (ATX) | SabrentRocket4.0+ 1TB NVMe (ITX)
Display(s) 30" Ultra-Wide 21:9 200Hz/AMD FREESYNC 200hz/144hz LED LCD Montior Connected Via Display Port (x2)
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh (ATX) / Velkase Velka 7 (ITX)
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD ALC1220 codec / Onboard HD Audio* (BOTH) w/ EQ settings
Power Supply 850w (Antec High-Current Gamer) HC-850 PSU (80+ gold certified) ATX) /650Watt Thermaltake SFX (ITX)
Mouse Logitech USB Wireless KB & MOUSE (Both Systems)
Keyboard Logitech USB Wireless KB & MOUSE (Both Systems)
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 - 128GB - Standalone + Oculus link PC
Software Windows 10 Home x64bit 2400 /BOTH SYSTEMS
Benchmark Scores CPUZ - ATX-5800X (ST:670) - (MT: 6836.3 ) CPUZ - ITX -5800X (ST:680.2) - (MT: 7015.2) ??? same CPU?
Mark my words, Zen3+/XT series release will come soon after Intel's release to take the single thread crown back... Might even be on the 7nm EUV improved node
Zen3 & RDNA2 Waz also supposed to be on 7nm+ W/ EUV?? Well AMD didn't use 7nm w/EUV (BASTERDS) So why do you think Zen3+ / XT CPUs will be. Yeah id love to see that but i doubt it and we wont be able to buy em anyway :(