• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Announces Viper 8KHz Gaming Mouse with HyperPolling Technology

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
Maybe not average Joe, but they may be people with better senses who can tell the difference. I am interested to see a double blind test for professional gamers if they can really tell the difference.
I'm open to the idea.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus Block, HWLABS Copper 240/40 + 240/30, D5/Res, 4x Noctua A12x25, 2x A4x10, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MT 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FCLK, 160 ns tRFC, active cooled
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear, MX900 dual gas VESA mount
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, full transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 8 KHz Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White, Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19044.4046
Benchmark Scores Legendary
That's a different situation. A monitor is purely visual with a fixed refresh rate we know and can measure. Nothing can be seen faster than that. A person standing behind you can alert several senses in several ways.

You can make a pacing argument maybe for these things, but you are talking about insane reflexes and sensitivity if so. I suggest trying out major league batting if you really can slow down time to that level.

It's not how anyone sees it. If we are getting down to subms pacing, it's really not visual at all anymore.
Honestly, this whole argument is pointless because as we all know the human eye can't see past 30fps.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Honestly, this whole argument is pointless because as we all know the human eye can't see past 30fps.
There is a big difference between claiming you can see the difference between 30fps and things above it and the difference between the pacing of frames in the sub ms level.

Yeah papa ur right, all the pro's use CRT's and dell mice. 240/360hz and high polling hardware is just a gimmick right. right?
Did I talked about high refresh rate monitors? I was top 10 worldwide in Quake so maybe I know what I am talking about.

It's not that simple. Look up blurbusters.

The way the math works out - say your monitor frame time between frames is 2ms
In that 2ms, your other latencies must land.
If those other latencies are polling at 8khz, they land much closer to the same time as the monitor frame time.
Understand?

CPU usage is less relevant as we have high core count and faster CPUs. Plus new tech is slowly adopted.
Btw the blurbusters guy is totally nut. His website doesn't even list monitors latency which is the most important parameter for a competitive monitor. I bought a 144Hz for my ex wife that was so bad I was playing worse with it than with my old 60Hz. I have a high quality 144Hz for competitive games. Not all high refresh rate monitors are equal, some a pure marketing garbage. Next time try to be a bit more humble when you chat with people you don't even know.

Btw do you know why pros use 500Hz? Let's see how much you know about.

Last edited:

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus Block, HWLABS Copper 240/40 + 240/30, D5/Res, 4x Noctua A12x25, 2x A4x10, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MT 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FCLK, 160 ns tRFC, active cooled
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear, MX900 dual gas VESA mount
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, full transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 8 KHz Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White, Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19044.4046
Benchmark Scores Legendary
Ah yes, the famed education of being a gamer means you can therefore shittalk products you haven't tried in order to establish the link between being a quake pro and understanding how basic maths works.

System Name Dusty
Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X
Storage yes
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750w
VR HMD Oculus CV1
Did I talked about high refresh rate monitors? I was top 10 worldwide in Quake so maybe I know what I am talking about.

Btw the blurbusters guy is totally nut. His website doesn't even list monitors latency which is the most important parameter for a competitive monitor. I bought a 144Hz for my ex wife that was so bad I was playing worse with it than with my old 60Hz. I have a high quality 144Hz for competitive games. Not all high refresh rate monitors are equal, some a pure marketing garbage. Next time try to be a bit more humble when you chat with people you don't even know.

Btw do you know why pros use 500Hz? Let's see how much you know about.
Please supply adequate proof that you were indeed, top 10 worldwide in Quake.

You have no idea what blurbusters are, do you? Because out of all you just said, none if it made any kind of sense.
Blurbusters do research for the most part, they are responsible for most test related to blur and input latency that are currently being used by other sites and reviewers.

Please supply adequate proof that you were indeed, top 10 worldwide in Quake.

You have no idea what blurbusters are, do you? Because out of all you just said, none if it made any kind of sense.
Blurbusters do research for the most part, they are responsible for most test related to blur and input latency that are currently being used by other sites and reviewers.
I don't want to be stalked by internet weirdos so I am not gonna "supply" anything to toxic people like you. By the way you both totally dodged my question. Why do pros still use 500Hz.

As for blurbusters, they supply nothing of value, the main guy in charge doesn't even speak English coherently, everytime you talk to him he answers with the same random 300 lines of text. He provided a tool that drags a small picture across the screen, big stuff right there, much wow. Again. His website doesn't provide anything useful in terms of informations when you are searching for monitors review and performances. He does not do monitors review. Tftcentral does.

Last edited:
System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Ah yes, the famed education of being a gamer means you can therefore shittalk products you haven't tried in order to establish the link between being a quake pro and understanding how basic maths works.

It has nothing to do with being a gamer. It has to do with what is feasible in human biology, and basic math about what a "hz" actually is (it's an occurance per second).

I do advise learning both, and gaming. That's fun too.

This may be a good mouse but I doubt the hyperpolling is the reason.

System Name Dusty
Processor 5900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X
Storage yes
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750w
VR HMD Oculus CV1
I don't want to be stalked by internet weirdos so I am not gonna "supply" anything to toxic people like you. By the way you both totally dodged my question. Why do pros still use 500Hz.

As for blurbusters, they supply nothing of value, the main guy in charge doesn't even speak English coherently, everytime you talk to him he answers with the same random 300 lines of text. He provided a tool that drags a small picture across the screen, big stuff right there, much wow. Again. His website doesn't provide anything useful in terms of informations when you are searching for monitors review and performances. He does not do monitors review. Tftcentral does.
So the TLDR is, you are not a quake worldwide champion, its made up. I have never asked anything about 500hz by again, provide some sources to that statement then, its your argument, not mine. Also not what the discussion was about, it's something you added.

Just because you cannot understand the terminology they use doesn't mean its nonsense, it just means you might wanna pick up a dictionary.
I never said they do specifically monitor reviews, did you read anything i said or did you casually ignore it?

But if nothing else it does at least support the idea that you are talking mostly bollocks.
Do return if you have any valuable sources on any of it, always fun to have a deeper dig in to things.

Also, not believing peoples claims without any evidence (as in, being top 10 world wide in quake) is not toxic, its just basic scepticism.
I can also claim, im 100 times better than the best quake players on the globe. I won't provide any sources to that though, but you have to believe it because my claim is as valid as yours. Which would mean im better than you, yes?
See how silly it sounds now?