• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel "Alder Lake-S" Due for September 2021

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
@Tom Sunday Dammit, I hope you're wrong about the shift away from DIY PCs as it would be a total disaster for enthusiasts like us. We can only wait and see.

I want to upgrade my ancient 2700K (see specs) and so far, it looks like it would be worth waiting for Alder Lake in order to get something current that's built on the latest process, not a backport, like Rocket Lake. I don't need that sabotaged by a shift to complete systems only.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
As we all know the major disadvantage of buying a pre-made PC is the cost.

Well, that used to be somewhat true, or perhaps more accurately that you got cheaper OEM rigs built with crappy motherboards / power supplies and other components with various things 'nerfed' by design from the OEM to limit RMAs.

What I see right now though, is that it's significantly cheaper and far easier to buy a prebuilt, whether that comes from big OEMs like Dell / HP etc or smaller SI's like CyberPowerPC or iBuyPower. The SI's tend to give better prices, but the OEMs have better warranties.

This is new though, I built my own back in June for less than a prebuilt of similar spec and quality. I've tried recently to spec out a prebuilt and can't really beat SI / OEM prices right now, at least not with one of the new GPUs.

Sounds to me like another grab or invasion into the desktop DIY market? I had a hard day...so I be better off to play 'Metro Exodus' for a while to flush my mind. Perhaps Mom has a leftover piece of Cherry Pie upstairs in the kitchen for yours truly?

Laptops accelerated from 65% of the market in 2019 to 75% in 2020. I think the effect is that fewer resources are pushed into the desktop space in general from all the players. Notice how easy it is right now to get a laptop with a 3060 or 3070, and Tiger Lake H.

From a supplier's standpoint, it's a lot easier and cheaper for a supplier to send all their kit to a few big OEMs. Sign contract with OEM - we will supply you with 50,000 video cards per month delivered here by Xth of the month. Easy and straight to the point, no ambiguity as to what needs to be done. But to that same supplier the DIY market looks more like, keeping inventory on hand in a warehouse to supply 100 different retailers with potentially 10,000 different locations with 5-10 GPUs on demand.

System Name (2008) Dell XPS 730x H2C
Processor Intel Extreme QX9770 @ 3.8GHz (No OC)
Motherboard Dell LGA 775 (Dell Propiatary)
Cooling Dell AIO Ceramic Water Cooling (Dell Propiatary)
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4) DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB (2016 ebay-used)
Storage (2) WD 1TB Velociraptor & (1) WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Alienware 34" AW3420DW (Amazon Warehouse)
Case Stock Dell 730x with "X" Side Panel (65 pounds fully decked out)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Titanium & Corsair SP2500 Speakers
Power Supply PSU: 1000 Watt (Dell Propiatary)
Mouse Alienware AW610M (Amazon Warehouse)
Keyboard Corsair K95 XT (Amazon Warehouse)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate & Alienware FX Lighting
Benchmark Scores No Benchmarking & Overclocking
The Atom cores are fine for a lot of the OS services a bit of compression and decompression along with rapid storage and other odds and ends and light program tasks and usage. Basically you've got a chip to offload all of that while you have another chip that can have close to 100% CPU usage dedicated to the game itself. I don't see it being perfect initially, but I'll bet you Intel improves it and the second iteration will improve quite a bit further. I don't think content creators are who Intel's trying to sell them to they want to compete with AM4 Ryzen the best they can til a more proper node shrink puts them in a better position to really compete more closely evenly with them again.

So a guy from Fidelity Investments makes lots of money...
The Atom cores are fine for a lot of the OS services a bit of compression and decompression along with rapid storage and other odds and ends and light program tasks and usage. Basically you've got a chip to offload all of that while you have another chip that can have close to 100% CPU usage dedicated to the game itself. I don't see it being perfect initially, but I'll bet you Intel improves it and the second iteration will improve quite a bit further. I don't think content creators are who Intel's trying to sell them to they want to compete with AM4 Ryzen the best they can til a more proper node shrink puts them in a better position to really compete more closely evenly with them again.

So a guy from Fidelity Investments makes lots of money...
Well Harry is a simple "Acount Manager." Not exactly high on the Fidelity exec-ladder. But at 36 still living with Mom with unlimited rights to the refrigerator and free Internet. But when with him I get to live vicariously besides having a good time. I even treat for lunch after the show at Jack in the Box. Indeed there are a lot of Harry's out there and absolutely loved by the show-dealers doing their walk and talk.

@Tom Sunday Dammit, I hope you're wrong about the shift away from DIY PCs...
I was looking a bit into the future...but for the big-three (DELL, Lenovo, HP) the future cannot come early enough. Come to think...DIY will essentially never go away in its entirety, but it's current method, access and pricing will be challenged. Enthusiasts like us will most likely once the bell tolls having to reach deeper into their pockets in securing the real 'premium hardware' for their builds. In turn, I simply abhor the very thought in being forced to buy or use sub-standard hardware specifications and then those being served up cold in propiatary fashion.

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
Well Harry is a simple "Acount Manager." Not exactly high on the Fidelity exec-ladder. But at 36 still living with Mom with unlimited rights to the refrigerator and free Internet. But when with him I get to live vicariously besides having a good time. I even treat for lunch after the show at Jack in the Box. Indeed there are a lot of Harry's out there and absolutely loved by the show-dealers doing their walk and talk.

I was looking a bit into the future...but for the big-three (DELL, Lenovo, HP) the future cannot come early enough. Come to think...DIY will essentially never go away in its entirety, but it's current method, access and pricing will be challenged. Enthusiasts like us will most likely once the bell tolls having to reach deeper into their pockets in securing the real 'premium hardware' for their builds. In turn, I simply abhor the very thought in being forced to buy or use sub-standard hardware specifications and then those being served up cold in propiatary fashion.
Hey this is Harry, do I know you ?

System Name BUBSTER
Processor I7 13700K (6.1 GHZ XTU OC)
Motherboard Z690 Gigabyte Aorus Elite Pro
Cooling Arctic Freezer II 360 RGB
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 4800MHz 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3070 Super Dual OC
Storage Kingston KC 3000 PCIE4 1Tb + 2 Kingston KC 3000 1TB PCIE4 RAID 0 + 4 TB Crucial gen 4 +12 TB HDD
Display(s) Sony Bravia A85 j OLED
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX II
Power Supply Corsair AX 850 Titanium
Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 Pro RGB + Razr Taipan
Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare Cherry MX Red + Corsair Gaming K65 lux RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Desperate much!!! Someone in Hollywood should make a movie about Intel and call it (Desperado 2.0)

System Name THU
Processor Intel Core i5-13600KF
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P D4
Cooling SilentiumPC Fortis 3 v2 + Arctic Cooling MX-2
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x16 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 (dual rank)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X OC 12 GB GDDR6X (2610/21000 @ 0.91 V)
Storage Lexar NM790 2 TB + Corsair MP510 960 GB + PNY XLR8 CS3030 500 GB + Toshiba E300 3 TB
Display(s) LG OLED C8 55" + ASUS VP229Q
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V381 + Monitor Audio Bronze 6 + Bronze FX | FiiO E10K-TC + Sony MDR-7506
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Mouse Logitech M705 Marathon
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 10 Home
Benchmark Scores Benchmarks in 2024?
Why exactly do we need the Gracemont cores on desktop?

System Name The Berserker Armor
Processor Ryzen 7 7700x
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus Wifi
Cooling CORSAIR ICUE H150i RGB ELITE
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16GB 6000mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 4070 Ti
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1tb, Samsung 980 1tb
Display(s) LG 27GL850-B 144hz
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow Black + 3x SP120 fans
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Gold GX-850
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Rgb Pro
Keyboard Corsair K60 Rgb Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro
Who is going to buy in March a CPU that will be replaced in September ? :kookoo:
Sure AL is going to get whole next gen platform, ddr5, pcie gen5 but not only is going to be an expensive platform some might have stability/compatibility issues and such, since early adopter is always experiencing this kind of stuff.
Some people with 2-3 year+ upgrade cycle might just want to invest to RL with guaranteed system stability/compatibility also cheaper components and wait till next gen platform matured enough also cheaper enough.

System Name 1U DAW Servers, too many too share specs on.
Intel overclocked their business plan for product releases from 0.5 generations per year to 2 generations per year. That's an impressive 300% boost in performance.

I honestly hope that Alder Lake S is actually not a joke. I'm tired of seeing Intel recycle their own e-waste for years on end, I haven't wanted to buy a consumer Intel processor since Skylake in 2016.
My sentiments exactly. AMD 5000 desktop w/ APU doesn’t seem is going to materialize.
Don’t need 250 watt arc welder either.
Alder Lake will get a shot.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
@Tom Sunday Dammit, I hope you're wrong about the shift away from DIY PCs as it would be a total disaster for enthusiasts like us. We can only wait and see.

I want to upgrade my ancient 2700K (see specs) and so far, it looks like it would be worth waiting for Alder Lake in order to get something current that's built on the latest process, not a backport, like Rocket Lake. I don't need that sabotaged by a shift to complete systems only.
I'm in the same boat. My 3770K CPU is still going strong, especially that I play games in ~3K resolution, where the GPU is still the limiting factor.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
What's the point of the Rocket Lake then???
The Breakfast Club Ngapa GIF

Who is going to buy in March a CPU that will be replaced in September ? :kookoo:
September is annoucement which is meaningless. Could easily mean Q4 for laptops, Q1 2022 for OEM and Q2 2022 for desktops with large inventory/full lineup not avaibility till Q3 2022

I don't think it would be a big deal. 11th gen is going to have PCI 4.0 support and DDR4 (especially with good timings) will be plenty fast for years to come.

I don't see any sabotaging happening

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
I don't think it would be a big deal. 11th gen is going to have PCI 4.0 support and DDR4 (especially with good timings) will be plenty fast for years to come.

I don't see any sabotaging happening
By waiting a few more months, I'll get a much better system. It's totally worth the wait.

I hope you're right about the complete systems sabotage not happening, or us PC enthusiasts are up Schitt Creek.

By waiting a few more months, I'll get a much better system. It's totally worth the wait.
It's not going to be a few months. September is the annoucement but it's looking like desktop chips in volume isn't happening till Spring 2022. You could already have faster ram, PCI 4.0, and NVME for an entire year before Alder even hits the shelves.

System Name THU
Processor Intel Core i5-13600KF
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P D4
Cooling SilentiumPC Fortis 3 v2 + Arctic Cooling MX-2
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x16 GB DDR4-3600 CL16 (dual rank)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X OC 12 GB GDDR6X (2610/21000 @ 0.91 V)
Storage Lexar NM790 2 TB + Corsair MP510 960 GB + PNY XLR8 CS3030 500 GB + Toshiba E300 3 TB
Display(s) LG OLED C8 55" + ASUS VP229Q
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V381 + Monitor Audio Bronze 6 + Bronze FX | FiiO E10K-TC + Sony MDR-7506
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Mouse Logitech M705 Marathon
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 10 Home
Benchmark Scores Benchmarks in 2024?

I hope you're right about the complete systems sabotage not happening, or us PC enthusiasts are up Schitt Creek.
Is it better, though? Nobody answered my question from a week ago, so I still do not know the benefit of the big.little approach on desktop.

You are still only getting 8 high performance cores. And I fear the core management might be a complete mess for a while. Like how will apps/games know which cores to utilize? Has it not been proven, that unconventional architectures are not right for desktops? Bulldozer? Even the CCX approach in first Zen CPUs was not great.

10 nm also does not necessarily mean better. Will these CPUs reach high clock speeds? Process maturity is way more important than power consumption in that respect. Remember Broadwell?

Also, DDR5 will be slower and more expensive for the first few years, just as it always is. It will start to make sense when you can get 4800+ modules for the same price you can get 3200 modules now, and those are super cheap. Even 3600 CL16 is cheap.

Rocket Lake actually gets all the bells and whistles. 8 high performance cores with high clock speeds, PCI-E 4.0 for GPU, as well as on-die Gen4 NVMe link. Plus two times faster DMI resulting in more M.2 slots and native USB 20 Gbps support.
This platform literally has everything you will possibly need for 3-4 years. No quirks to work out, no problems, "it just works".

If you need more cores, go for Zen 3. Waiting for Alder Lake seems pointless. Rocket Lake will be the way to go if you want to stick with Intel.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
Is it better, though? Nobody answered my question from a week ago, so I still do not know the benefit of the big.little approach on desktop.

You are still only getting 8 high performance cores. And I fear the core management might be a complete mess for a while. Like how will apps/games know which cores to utilize? Has it not been proven, that unconventional architectures are not right for desktops? Bulldozer? Even the CCX approach in first Zen CPUs was not great.

10 nm also does not necessarily mean better. Will these CPUs reach high clock speeds? Process maturity is way more important than power consumption in that respect. Remember Broadwell?

Also, DDR5 will be slower and more expensive for the first few years, just as it always is. It will start to make sense when you can get 4800+ modules for the same price you can get 3200 modules now, and those are super cheap. Even 3600 CL16 is cheap.

Rocket Lake actually gets all the bells and whistles. 8 high performance cores with high clock speeds, PCI-E 4.0 for GPU, as well as on-die Gen4 NVMe link. Plus two times faster DMI resulting in more M.2 slots and native USB 20 Gbps support.
This platform literally has everything you will possibly need for 3-4 years. No quirks to work out, no problems, "it just works".

If you need more cores, go for Zen 3. Waiting for Alder Lake seems pointless. Rocket Lake will be the way to go if you want to stick with Intel.
Sure, RL is very good, but I'd rather see what AL offers, in official reviews, before making the decision. From experience, I will want the latest product.

I have no idea either how the big.little approach helps the desktop and by the sound of it, there's not much documentation on it, hence others don't know either. What I do know, is that Intel wouldn't invest lots of dollars in developing it if there wasn't a benefit.

Processor Intel i7 13900K
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming
Cooling Arctic Freezer II 360
Memory 32 Gb Kingston Fury Renegade 6400 C32
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080 XLR8 OC
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO + 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus + 2 TB Samsung 870
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A + Samsung C24RG50
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Power Supply EVGA G6 850W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
Benchmark Scores 3dMark TimeSpy - 26698 Cinebench R23 2258/40751
I str
I am waiting for platform socket 1700 with DDR5. I have waited years, I can wait a bit longer, I hope.
I strongly suspect it will be a long wait...

I strongly suspect it will be a long wait...
Not only that I have a feeling that for most general functions (office work + 1440p gaming) there really won't be a noticeable difference between highend DD4 and 1st gen DDR5 yet you'll not only have to wait 1 to 1.5 years but you'll be paying more money.........

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Unless you think that paying 360€ for a 5600x is Smart. That's if you can even find one.
Plenty in stock in DE.
Looks pretty good vs 10700k, so, why?

System Name Desktop-TJ84TBK
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 120mm, Noctua NF-F12
Memory B-Die 2x8GB 3200 CL14, Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 CL16, OC'd to 3333 MT/s C16-16-16-32 tRC 48
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 690
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, MX500 500GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Caviar Green 3TB, Intel Optane 16GB
Display(s) Sceptre M25 1080p200, ASUS 1080p74, Apple Studio Display M7649 17"
Case Rosewill CRUISER Black Gaming
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS GM-750
Mouse Kensington K72369
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit, macOS 11.7.8
Benchmark Scores are good
Why exactly do we need the Gracemont cores on desktop?
I don't really think we do.
big.LITTLE is better suited for laptops, where power efficiency is king, not desktops, where (unless Intel fails at getting heat out of their die) it doesn't really matter since you can customize your cooler.

Side note, does anyone else see the irony in big.LITTLE?

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't really think we do.
big.LITTLE is better suited for laptops, where power efficiency is king, not desktops, where (unless Intel fails at getting heat out of their die) it doesn't really matter since you can customize your cooler.
At least Intel can say that they've done something truly innovative (that no one asked for). All hail the new FX!

System Name Desktop-TJ84TBK
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 120mm, Noctua NF-F12
Memory B-Die 2x8GB 3200 CL14, Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 CL16, OC'd to 3333 MT/s C16-16-16-32 tRC 48
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 690
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, MX500 500GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Caviar Green 3TB, Intel Optane 16GB
Display(s) Sceptre M25 1080p200, ASUS 1080p74, Apple Studio Display M7649 17"
Case Rosewill CRUISER Black Gaming
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS GM-750
Mouse Kensington K72369
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit, macOS 11.7.8
Benchmark Scores are good
At least Intel can say that they've done something truly innovative (that no one asked for). All hail the new FX!
Intel's RT. It's cool, but not really usable yet.

And then with (maybe) Zen 5 we'll have AMD big.LITTLE chips.
I hope they make some big.LITTLE and some not, so like the Ryzen 5 7500 BL (big.LITTLE), 7500 BLX (big.little X version), and so on.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Intel's RT. It's cool, but not really usable yet.

And then with (maybe) Zen 5 we'll have AMD big.LITTLE chips.
I hope they make some big.LITTLE and some not, so like the Ryzen 5 7500 BL (big.LITTLE), 7500 BLX (big.little X version), and so on.
Like you said in your previous post, I don't really see why big.LITTLE on desktop would ever be a good idea. The concept is that you can turn the big cores down (or completely off) under light loads to save power, and use them only when needed. It's useful for phones and laptops, but for desktop PCs, not so much. I'm not saying that you shouldn't think about your bills and try to save on power when you can, but I think even high-end modern CPUs are efficient enough under light loads so that we don't need to bog the system down with small cores just to save a couple Watts in idle.

System Name 1U DAW Servers, too many too share specs on.
For an audio workstation I disable ALL boost developments.
We simply need all cores at a stable speed, preferably 4GHz.

Intel lost out from not having a fast enough reply to AMD Zen.
Just adding more cores/heat and fancy marketing slogans isn’t going to work.

At least they admit 2023 will be the year they get back on track.