• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIOSTAR Announces Gaming X RGB Line of DDR4 Memory

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
BIOSTAR, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards, and storage devices today, announces the new DDR4 RGB Gaming X series RAM modules. Enjoy blazing fast speeds with BIOSTAR's latest DDR4 RGB Gaming X series RAMs. Highly optimized for gaming and content creation, the new RAM modules are the best in business with extreme performance and reliability.

The latest DDR4 RGB Gaming X series RAMs enter the market in single and dual-stick Kits, with a single stick carrying 8 GB of memory capacity. Users can pick up between clock speeds of 3200 MHz and 3600 MHz and can overclock the modules up to 4000 MHz with ease. These RAMs are great for either Intel or AMD systems and carry BIOSTAR certified DDR4 OC memory chips that perform faster and more reliably than anything else in the market.

Highly customizable, the new rams work well with BIOSTAR's RGB control software so users can pick between their favorite lighting colors and patterns. In conclusion, the new DDR4 RGB Gaming X series RAMs are an excellent choice for consumers looking for a great, reliable product for their build. BIOSTAR places great importance on the compatibility of its products. Its DDR4 memory modules are compatible with many motherboards from different manufacturers and work even better with the combination of BIOSTARS's globally renowned motherboards.

BIOSTAR RGB SYNC allows users to personalize the DDR4 lighting controls and provide more options to fully customize the DDR4 lighting.

For more information, visit the product pages of the 8 GB and 16 GB variants.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling NH-U12A + T30┃AXP120-x67
Memory 64GB 6400CL32┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
can overclock the modules up to 4000 MHz with ease
3200 18-22-22 @ 1.35V
faster and more reliably than anything else in the market

x doubt.png

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
1: Highly optimized for gaming and content creation, the new RAM modules are the best in business with extreme performance and reliability.

2: These RAMs are great for either Intel or AMD systems and carry BIOSTAR certified DDR4 OC memory chips that perform faster and more reliably than anything else in the market.

3: BIOSTARS's globally renowned motherboards.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Point and counterpoint.

1: Already claiming to be the best and these have just now been released to market?

2: They can't (Honestly) call themselves an upper or even a mid-tier manufacturer, yet they are this much better than all else? :laugh:

3: Yeah....
They've got a rep alright and it's referred to as "Biostop" as in their chit doesn't work for long.

C'mon , it's just all BS marketing hype.
Biostar is quite literally the scummy, soured, left-over scrapings at the bottom of the barrel compared to the likes of Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, ASRock and now they are trying to take on G. Skill, Geil, Team Group, Patriot, Corsair, Mushkin, Adata....

I can see this going well.....
NOT.
:laugh: :roll::laugh:

Last edited:
System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Of course there must be a big red X at the end of every single MSi product name. Wait a sec... :wtf:

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
RAMs why do they keep saying RAMs?! I feel my iq draining away everytime they misuse it!!!! Ahhhhh!

Now that ive got that off my chest.

Yeah theyve somehow miraculously bred b-die with micron ics and now have this shiny new stuff called biostar RAMs that ocs better than anything the world has ever seen. Just when you thought biostar may be on its way back. They poke their own eye out with a sharp stick.

The market is flooded with different brands of RAM. Not sure what is the point of following the herd because I seriously doubt brands like Biostar is going to enjoy good RAM sale. For savvy folks, the brands that come to our mind will be Corsair, Crucial, GSkill and to some extent Kingston, at least these are the usual brands that come to my mind.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
The market is flooded with different brands of RAM. Not sure what is the point of following the herd because I seriously doubt brands like Biostar is going to enjoy good RAM sale. For savvy folks, the brands that come to our mind will be Corsair, Crucial, GSkill and to some extent Kingston, at least these are the usual brands that come to my mind.
I totally agree. Corsair and Kingston (HyperX) are my trusted brands that I always buy from. I would also consider Crucial or G.Skill if there was a big enough incentive. I'm not interested in other brands, especially ones that are new to the market.

I totally agree. Corsair and Kingston (HyperX) are my trusted brands that I always buy from. I would also consider Crucial or G.Skill if there was a big enough incentive. I'm not interested in other brands, especially ones that are new to the market.
Here's a spoiler, the companies that makes corsair and Kingston rams, also supply to others like biostar.
If this kit got reviewe here, you would see its being made by either Micron, SK hynix, Samsung, or Nanay which all of them supplied ram chips to corsair, kingston, crucial, an gskill

Software Windows 10 Pro
Here's a spoiler, the companies that makes corsair and Kingston rams, also supply to others like biostar.
If this kit got reviewe here, you would see its being made by either Micron, SK hynix, Samsung, or Nanay which all of them supplied ram chips to corsair, kingston, crucial, an gskill
I know. That's just more reason why we don't need more companies to make RAM.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
I certainly know that, Corsair is infamous for mixing IC's from different makes across the same model of sticks, sometimes causing problems if you buy the same model but of a different revision of it. Even with it being the same model AND revision, it can still have a different set of IC's in it from an otherwise identical set by the numbers.

I'm thinking it's just a set with their name on it but Biostar themselves aren't making these.
And with the timing/speed specs shown...... No way it's gonna be "The Best" by any stretch.

And note what's in "Screaming" red at the bottom of the page.

Specs.jpg

I certainly know that, Corsair is infamous for mixing IC's from different makes across the same model of sticks, sometimes causing problems if you buy the same model but of a different revision of it. Even with it being the same model AND revision, it can still have a different set of IC's in it from an otherwise identical set by the numbers.
This is a case where it would be best to buy from a brand like Crucial, which they always use micron chips because they are a subsidiary of Micron.

Ugly even for RGB + is gonna collide with larger coolers.

No thanks.
I don't think I'd really be first in line to go with Biostar for my RAM needs but I was gona say that looks are the one thing it has going for it, - the RGB they are pretty clean looking.