• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GELID Announces the Glacier RGB CPU Cooler

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Tech innovator GELID Solutions unveils the latest ultimate-performance CPU Cooler for AMD and Intel CPU. The GLACIER RGB is a product of GELID Solutions GAMER product line. The newly designed twin-tower heatsink - a core part of the GLACIER RGB - comes with the powerful set of 6 U-Stacked heat pipes to deliver the most efficient heat distribution through the heatsink elements. The twin-tower build of the GLACIER RGB also provides enlarged dissipation area to drain heat out and helps reduce air flow resistance. Additionally, the new heatsink introduces the Enhanced Heatpipe Direct Contact (EHDC) Technology to guarantee perfect thermal contact and facilitate heat transfer between CPU and the heat pipes. As the result, the GLACIER RGB supports TDP over 220 W and makes itself a super-hero CPU Cooler for avid gamers and performance enthusiasts.

A matched pair of the multi-award winning STELLA ARGB Fans compliments the heatsink. Each fan carries 24 ultra-bright and independently controllable ARGB LEDs on board to illuminate stylish Dual Ring Lighting and create spectacular RGB effects. The fans also boast Double Ball Bearing which ensures durable functioning, and integrate the optimized impeller to boost airflow. The intelligent GELID PWM (Pulse Width Module) constantly keeps the fans silent but accelerates speed whenever additional cooling is needed. With the 3 sets of fan mounts, a third optional fan can be installed to raise performance even further.

The extreme-grade GC-Extreme thermal compound is also included in the package. The all-in-one mounting kit for multiple AMD CPU sockets AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, AM4, FM1, FM2 and for Intel CPU LGA 775, 1366, 2011, 1155, 1156, 1150, 1151, 1200 sockets, as well as the universal backplate for AMD and Intel mainboards and the CPU protection bracket for AMD AM4 are all included too.

The cooler is RoHS and WEEE conform and carries a 5 year warranty.

"GLACIER RGB ensures you get the most out of a CPU cooling solution. It perfectly fits the essentials every gamer needs - ultimate performance, easy setup, improved reliability - and makes your gaming rig cool and shiny with spectacular RGB lighting", said Gebhard Scherrer, Sales Director of GELID Solutions Ltd.

The GLACIER RGB is available now and has a MSRP of USD 59.99 or Euro 49.99.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x-5600x | 9600k
Motherboard B450 AORUS M | Z390 UD
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action | AIO
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB) | Samsung DDR4 (4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) Pixio PX279 Prime
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT | Black bench
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W | EVGA 700 Gold
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Looks like an aliexpress cooler... that if you breathe on it it will dent.

ixi

I wonder, why should I buy this if I can get for lower price phantom from Gelid. RGB?

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit

it really does, it looks like just another cooler and a cheap one at that

I think anything more than 3 heatpipes should have a base plate to spread the heat, most CPU's today would only contact about 4 of those 6 pipes

deKev

...except the mounting kit would suggest otherwise.

Not that all CPU coolers available at AliExpress are bad in the first place. For examples, ID-Cooling and Alseye, to name just two, make competent air coolers. Maybe nothing in the class of Noctua, Scythe or Thermalright, but then again, few others do.

System Name Homebase
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus X570S UD
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5 RGB
Memory 2*16 Kingston Fury DDR4-3600 double ranked
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800 16 GB
Storage 1*512 WD Red SN700, 1*2TB Curcial P5, 1*2TB Sandisk Plus (TLC), 1*14TB Toshiba MG
Display(s) Philips E-line 275E1S
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Power Supply Corsair RM850 2019
Mouse Sharkoon Sharkforce Pro
Keyboard Fujitsu KB955

Not that all CPU coolers available at AliExpress are bad in the first place. For examples, ID-Cooling and Alseye, to name just two, make competent air coolers. Maybe nothing in the class of Noctua, Scythe or Thermalright, but then again, few others do.
You can still find the more or less same solution there at half the price and that is the sad point imo.

System Name Fishy's Computer
Processor Intel e8400 3.0 ghz
Motherboard Asus p5k-e
Cooling Air
Memory 4 gb Mushkin hp2
Video Card(s) XFX 9800GTX Artifact Edition
Storage 640 gig Western Digital, 200 gig Samsung
Display(s) LG W2242P
Case Cooler Master 690
Audio Device(s) Onboard ftw!
Power Supply Corsair hx 520
Software what ever i run.
Benchmark Scores none yet

There's a bent fin by the lower clip in the second picture.

Processor Intel Atom 270
Cooling Passive
Memory 2GB DDR3-1333
Storage 160GB WD 2.5"
Case Custom
Power Supply Seasonic-Passive
I am glad that they used real photos instead of a render. Shows at least a little honesty.

I have to agree that it looks very cheap. The silver heatsink with the ugly RGB lighting on the fan is a terrible combination. In addition, I feel the direct heatpipe solution is not going to help with cooling. With AMD already using chiplets and Intel may likely follow, these sorts of direct contact with the heatpipe don't seem like a good way to improve contact.