• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mad Catz Also Unveils New-Gen F.R.E.Q. DAC and DAC-L Gaming Audio

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Mad Catz Global Limited, the leading innovator in gaming hardware, is excited to announce two DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) products - F.R.E.Q. DAC and DAC-L. Portable for mobile and laptops F.R.E.Q. DAC and DAC-L provide excellent convenience and immersive audio to gamers. Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. DAC is a complete Digital-to-Analog Converter with a convenient USB Type-C port that supports the latest mobile devices with exceptional portability. It features 4 EQ modes with an outstanding 7.1 surround sound to ensure an immersive musical experience. The user can enjoy the depth of music with a better gaming experience.

The built-in Hi-Res chip ensures high-quality sound performance. Up to 24-bit / 192 kHz lossless output maximizes the original sound quality of your mobile phones or gaming laptops. Moreover, the native 7.1 surround sound channel assures accurate positional audio while gaming. The ultra-immersive surround sound engages the gamers in playing for longer hours. Also, the intelligent EQ Modes allow you to switch to 4 different modes: Gaming/Music/Movie/Stereo by just clicking the button or sliding the touch bar.

The USB Type-C design fulfills plug-and-play mobility. It perfectly fits all Type-C ports in the latest mobile phones, gaming laptops, MacBooks, or even your small form-factor case. Users can enjoy mobile games, listen to music, or watch videos while traveling or transporting.

The Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. DAC and DAC-L are available for delivery by mid-June 2021. Availability may vary by region.

For more information, visit the product pages of the F.R.E.Q. DAC and F.R.E.Q. DAC-L.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Tell me how you get 7.1 sound using a stereo jack and headphones with just 2 drivers? This can only be an EQ adjustable downmix from 7.1 to stereo, done on a dongle rather than on mainboard or in headset, for a (possibly better) D-A conversion. I find the marketing approach rather sketchy and makes me think about standards in marketing regulation in different countries

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair X670E Extreme
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity² DDC 4.2 PWM / Alphacool Monsta 2×180mm / EK P240M
Memory 2×32GB G.Skill Flare X (6000MHz @ 30-40-40-96)
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6800XT Liquid Devil
Storage 2TB Kingston KC3000 / 2×4TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight 2
Keyboard Mountain Everest Max
Tell me how you get 7.1 sound using a stereo jack and headphones with just 2 drivers? This can only be an EQ adjustable downmix from 7.1 to stereo, done on a dongle rather than on mainboard or in headset, for a (possibly better) D-A conversion. I find the marketing approach rather sketchy and makes me think about standards in marketing regulation in different countries
Software emulated surround most likely. Every headphone which advertises "surround sound" uses software emulation to achieve it, the one exception I know of being an older Cooler Master Sirus 5.1 headset which had four physical drivers in each earcup.