• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Announces MAG CH130 Series Gaming Chairs

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
MSI announced the launch of its latest gaming chairs - MAG CH130 I REPELTEK FABRIC and MAG CH130 I FABRIC. The MAG CH130 I REPELTEK FABRIC is MSI's first gaming chair to feature the patent-pending gaming chair with functional surface layer and manufacturing method of functional surface layer, which is water-resistant and scratch-resistant.

The MAG CH130 I REPELTEK FABRIC is water-resistant. If you ever accidentally spill liquid onto it, the liquid will be condensed on the surface of the fabric, making it easy to clean. The REPELTEK fabric is also much more scratch-resistant than other general fabrics, allowing you to enjoy quality time with your kids and pets. Simultaneously, it gets a longer life expectancy thanks to its abrasion-resistant surface.

MAG CH130 I FABRIC
The MAG CH130 I FABRIC features a soft light gray breathable fabric that is comfortable, ergonomic, and fashionable. Whether you're in-game or work, they are both some of the best available options out there.

hese two chairs are the latest addition to the MSI MAG CH130 Series gaming chairs. The MAG CH130 series took inspiration from race car seats, with emphasis on support and comfortability. The 52 cm widened and 57 cm deepened seat and ergonomic outline can help you loosen up your body. The high-density foam (45~48 kg/m³) not only feels great to the touch but also won't deform easily. The robust steel frame with a five-star steel base (with a weight capacity of 150 kg) provides highly durable support for hours of use without deforming. Of course, the MAG CH130 Series is reclinable and allows users to relax and recline the backrest for up to 150 degrees with an additional maximum of 15 degrees tilt. It is your best buddy whether you are in-game or at rest.

When gamers set up a video game room, the gaming chair can be the last piece to complete your game kingdom. When picking a chair, gamers consider color, seat fabric, height, ergonomic design, comfortable reclining, and so many other things. It just can't decide. Whatever the situation, MSI has your back
Chairman Purr's top choice - MAG CH130 series gaming chair.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / Ryzen 5600X3D
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming
Cooling Corsair H100i / bequiet! Pure Rock Slim 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / lots
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF & S3222DGM 32"
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Water (aka pee) resistant and easy to clean.

Folks won't even have to get up to run to the bathroom if they're having in a gaming session and can't spare 60 seconds....just pee, wipe and keep playing! Nice!

@btarunr
Add a "T" to start of your paragraph, otherwise it looks silly "hese two chairs are the latest..."

Not nearly as ugly as the typical "gaming" chair but the ergonomics are still dubious AF.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Water resistant!

That means you can use it for your Hottub Stream on Twitch!

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name DarnGosh Edition
Processor AMD 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E GAMING PLUS
Cooling AM5 Contact Frame + Thermalright PS120SE
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000 CL32-38-38-96
Video Card(s) Asus Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage WD SN770 1TB (Boot)| 2x 2TB WD SN770 (Gaming)| 2x 2TB Crucial BX500| 2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White) {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 80+ GOLD
Mouse Logitech G502 X
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Gaming chairs are a scam. Put that money into a proper office chair

System Name Desktop PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500
Motherboard MSI B450I Gaming Plus Max Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair Hydro X Series Custom Loop
Memory 32 (2x16) GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super FE
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD
Display(s) Vizio 1080p TV Screen (Temporary)
Case Fractal Design Define Nano S
Audio Device(s) Razer Kraken X Headset
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Razer Cynosa Lite Gaming Keyboard
VR HMD HTC Vive Cosmos
Software Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy: 8706 (Stock)
Is there any particular reason why all gaming chairs have to be in the shape of a racecar seat? Why can't we have an actually comfortable and ergonomic chair that's branded as a gaming chair, with stripes and RGB and all?

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / Ryzen 5600X3D
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming
Cooling Corsair H100i / bequiet! Pure Rock Slim 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / lots
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF & S3222DGM 32"
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Is there any particular reason why all gaming chairs have to be in the shape of a racecar seat? Why can't we have an actually comfortable and ergonomic chair that's branded as a gaming chair, with stripes and RGB and all?

You get more FPS with the fancy racing type looking chairs. Much like when you stick manufacturer stickers on your car, they add extra horsepower!

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
You get more FPS with the fancy racing type looking chairs. Much like when you stick manufacturer stickers on your car, they add extra horsepower!
So if I put 5 stickers on my car, Prius, I can add more PAWar!!!
I dont know if I can go higher than the top speed, 108mph.

Not too long ago I was shopping around for desk/office chairs and I was seriously considering getting a chair like this.
Some of the things I frequently read about on these and similar "gaming chairs" is they tend to be expensive and/or use cheap material on some or all of the critical parts. They also often require you to pay for the assembly upon delivery or you have to assemble it yourself.

I want mine to last so I gave up on the reclining gaming chairs and just decided to get the Steelcase Think 3D Knit Back Chair where I can customize the colors & also the material for the seat cushion. Plus I can select wheels for either hard or carpeted surfaces. I'm not sure what the price tag is for MSI's game chair, but the one I'm getting is about $1400 USD with the configurations I selected. Very expensive, but they're comfortable/durable and have one of the best warranties. We have similar chairs at work except they have both a mesh back & mesh seat. Not a big fan of mesh seats since they tend to not last as long and are more prone to tears/damage.

Not nearly as ugly as the typical "gaming" chair but the ergonomics are still dubious AF.
Yes, you either end up loving it or hating it. The one thing I can see being a problem for some is how the seat flares up on the sides, which can end up putting too much pressure on the legs. Its really a dumbass design to use for a chair one uses to sit in front of a computer and would be better for seating inside a vehicle where the individual is going to be jostled around(i.e. in an off-road sports/utility vehicle).

So if I put 5 stickers on my car, Prius, I can add more PAWar!!!
I dont know if I can go higher than the top speed, 108mph.
Have you tried NVlinking the stickers? That should get you to at least wun-fiddy!

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
Not too long ago I was shopping around for desk/office chairs and I was seriously considering getting a chair like this.
Some of the things I frequently read about on these and similar "gaming chairs" is they tend to be expensive and/or use cheap material on some or all of the critical parts. They also often require you to pay for the assembly upon delivery or you have to assemble it yourself.

I want mine to last so I gave up on the reclining gaming chairs and just decided to get the Steelcase Think 3D Knit Back Chair where I can customize the colors & also the material for the seat cushion. Plus I can select wheels for either hard or carpeted surfaces. I'm not sure what the price tag is for MSI's game chair, but the one I'm getting is about $1400 USD with the configurations I selected. Very expensive, but they're comfortable/durable and have one of the best warranties. We have similar chairs at work except they have both a mesh back & mesh seat. Not a big fan of mesh seats since they tend to not last as long and are more prone to tears/damage.

Yes, you either end up loving it or hating it. The one thing I can see being a problem for some is how the seat flares up on the sides, which can end up putting too much pressure on the legs. Its really a dumbass design to use for a chair one uses to sit in front of a computer and would be better for seating inside a vehicle where the individual is going to be jostled around(i.e. in an off-road sports/utility vehicle).

Have you tried NVlinking the stickers? That should get you to at least wun-fiddy!
Or I can press the button that says "kmph", it will tell me that I am going higher than 103.

Or I can press the button that says "kmph", it will tell me that I am going higher than 103.
Or you can just use attometers and never have to worry about stickers and such again. Scientific Notation will be needed to fit the speed limit on the signs. Hope they know negative exponents doesn't mean you drive in reverse.

You don't need to spend nearly that much to get a decent chair, I have a Herman Miller Setu that was around $600. Its a pretty simple design with just height adjustment, the base and supports are forged AL, and a plastic frame that flexes, the seat and back are one piece mesh. Its the first real chair I purchased and has held up well for the 8 or so years I've had it. Comes 100% assembled and made in the US which is a nice bonus.

As to the gaming chairs ergonomics they make no sense at all and they aren't really meant to, they just look aggressive so pretty much 100% form over function like all the "gamer" marketing shit. I'm sure if you are relatively fit and in shape and/or just young enough you can probably sit one for hours at time and not have problems but they are still garbage products.

You don't need to spend nearly that much to get a decent chair, I have a Herman Miller Setu that was around $600. Its a pretty simple design with just height adjustment, the base and supports are forged AL, and a plastic frame that flexes, the seat and back are one piece mesh. Its the first real chair I purchased and has held up well for the 8 or so years I've had it. Comes 100% assembled and made in the US which is a nice bonus.

As to the gaming chairs ergonomics they make no sense at all and they aren't really meant to, they just look aggressive so pretty much 100% form over function like all the "gamer" marketing shit. I'm sure if you are relatively fit and in shape and/or just young enough you can probably sit one for hours at time and not have problems but they are still garbage products.
$600 is near the same I would've paid. However, I opted for some of the extra features, particularly for the adjustable armrests(x,y,z), and more functionality for the seat, rollers, and material used for the seat cushion. I like the ability to lean back in it and have more control over the tension. When it comes to plastic frames, especially flex ones, no thanks. :fear:

Like I said, some people will love those "Jerry was a racecar driver" chairs while others will hate them. What boggles my mind is how some of these gamer chairs can cost just as much or even more than Steelcase chairs and don't even come close to them in regards to comfort, durability, and warranty. Fit or not, if you're too heavy, those gamer chairs will definitely not last, particularly the adjustment mechanisms and the stitching for the material.

Water (aka pee) resistant and easy to clean.

Folks won't even have to get up to run to the bathroom if they're having in a gaming session and can't spare 60 seconds....just pee, wipe and keep playing! Nice!

@btarunr
Add a "T" to start of your paragraph, otherwise it looks silly "hese two chairs are the latest..."
Lets not forget about the "Sir Farts-a-lot" & "Cheeks with Many Reeks" of the world, who destroy chairs through ever increasing amounts of "fart matter" buildup within the seat cushion material. If its not fart-proof, they should consider replaceable seats.

System Name Salamander
Processor Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.325ghz 1.206v
Motherboard Asrock X370 Taichi
Cooling EK Supremacy Evo | Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS XFlow | Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro 120mm x 3
Memory Team T-Force Xtreem 2x8GB DDR4 3733 @ 3733mhz c16 1.4v | IF @ 1866mhz
Video Card(s) XFX RX-470 RS Single Fan flashed to RX-570 @ stock water-cooled
Storage Samsung 850 Evo 256gb M.2 | Crucial M4 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | WD Blue 500GB 2.5" | Toshiba 2TB 2.5"
Display(s) LG 27MP68VQ 27" 1920x1080 75hz IPS Freesync monitor
Case Fractal Design Define C
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 650w
Mouse Steelseries Kana White
Keyboard Steelseries 6GV2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro N
Water resistant? At least MSI is looking after the twitch th*ts.

$600 is near the same I would've paid. However, I opted for some of the extra features, particularly for the adjustable armrests(x,y,z), and more functionality for the seat, rollers, and material used for the seat cushion. I like the ability to lean back in it and have more control over the tension. When it comes to plastic frames, especially flex ones, no thanks. :fear:
Yeah, its something most people use nearly daily so its worth it to get the chair that has what you want, when I got mine at the time $600 was about the top of my budget so I didn't have that many options.

The Setu is a super simple, only height adjust and very few individual parts so all the budget goes to material quality (and whatever added expense of having it made in NA). The base is all forged AL so everything that supports your weight is metal. The plastic that "flexes" is sort of a lattice spine of the back that acts like a spring that flexes along with the mesh so its always adjusting to how you sit in it. Its not perfect since its effectively one spring weight for everyone from 100-300Lbs which obviously can't be ideal and if you are looking for adjustments its not going to be what you want but for a no frills, high quality, modern looking place to put your normal sized ass I can endorse it.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
Et tu brute,....

Errr,....

I mean,....

You too with the crappy gaming chairs MSI,......WTF bro?!?