• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GlobalWafers Unable to Supply its Customers Fully Until 2024

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
The world's third largest supplier of silicon wafers—GlobalWafers—has told its customers that it's unlikely that it will be able to fulfill all of their orders until at least 2024, despite trying its best to improve production efficiency. The company is currently delivering around 90 percent of its customer orders and is doing its best to meet customer demand, while at the same time investing heavily in increasing production capacity of 12-inch wafers.

GlobalWafers has orders lined up along the tune of US$3.6 billion and many of its customers have increased their supply agreements from five to eight years. Like many other industries, the silicon wafer manufacturers are having supply problems with raw materials and have seen a price increase for many of the materials used in the production of silicon wafers. That said, global shipments of silicon wafers are said to see a growth of over six percent next year and should continue to increase at a slightly lower rate the following two years. It would appear the shortage of various ICs will continue, maybe even longer than expected, unless we see an industry wide change into what is being produced and there's a focus on fewer products, which might in turn allow for at least some of the backlogs to be cleared.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Costco sold out of its dried food crates, they run 5 grand a pop. Feeds 4 people for ten years, 30 year expiration date on the food.

RIP future of mankind. lmao, I guess no one is making fun of the nutters anymore if even Costco is sold out of the crazy buy of the year.

in other news, I just hope I can get my hands on a xbox series x or playstation 5. i have given up hope on a new pc. i was a dummy and sold mine. LOL honestly didn't think it was going to get this bad.

Costco sold out of its dried food crates, they run 5 grand a pop. Feeds 4 people for ten years, 30 year expiration date on the food.

RIP future of mankind. lmao, I guess no one is making fun of the nutters anymore if even Costco is sold out of the crazy buy of the year.

in other news, I just hope I can get my hands on a xbox series x or playstation 5. i have given up hope on a new pc. i was a dummy and sold mine. LOL honestly didn't think it was going to get this bad.
I'll never understand the reasoning behind something like that. I could understand having stuff like that on hand that would last a few months, but 5-10 years? If things get that bad, chances are, its going to be suicide staying in the same general area, and its not like you're going to be able to cart that much food around if you need to vacate the country or continent asap.

Even the gaming consoles are hard to get, and if any are in stock, prepare to part with one or more of your limbs.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I'll never understand the reasoning behind something like that. I could understand having stuff like that on hand that would last a few months, but 5-10 years? If things get that bad, chances are, its going to be suicide staying in the same general area, and its not like you're going to be able to cart that much food around if you need to vacate the country or continent asap.

Even the gaming consoles are hard to get, and if any are in stock, prepare to part with one or more of your limbs.

yep exactly. if society collapses to that point you will just get mobs/gangs that roam from house to house and overpower anyone inside. i guess if you had a hidden bunker, dug underground, then maybe... still would be luck that someone wouldn't spot you at a stream getting fresh water and follow you to your food source though.

best we try to make sure civilization doesn't collapse, cause if it does... eh...

System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
yep exactly. if society collapses to that point you will just get mobs/gangs that roam from house to house and overpower anyone inside. i guess if you had a hidden bunker, dug underground, then maybe... still would be luck that someone wouldn't spot you at a stream getting fresh water and follow you to your food source though.

best we try to make sure civilization doesn't collapse, cause if it does... eh...
Fortunately, wise people are investing in NFTs, i'm sure they will come in handy when there is no longer any internet. :rolleyes:

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
I don't know about you guys, but I am not counting on the fall of civilization just yet...