• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel NUC 11 Essential with Jasper Lake SoC Officially Launched

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Although not available in retail quite yet, Intel has officially launched its NUC 11 Essential models built around its Jasper Lake SoCs and thanks to the new processor options, Intel's entry level NUC models are looking quite promising. Not only are we looking at much better GPUs, with a 78 percent increase of execution units at the high-end, but even the low-end CPUs have had a 33 percent increase, when comparing Jasper Lake to Gemini Lake, which some older NUC models were based on. This is quite a jump, but it's hardly surprising, as Gemini Lake was launched at the tail end of 2017.

There's also official support for up to 32 GB of RAM and a boost in memory speed from 2400 MHz to 2933 MHz. Processor speeds have obviously been bumped somewhat as well between the processor generations, alongside with the GPU speeds, but we're mostly looking at a few hundred MHz here, depending on the CPU model. All the new NUC models appear to be using the 10 W TDP Jasper Lake CPU SKUs and all of them should also come with 64 GB of eMMC soldered down, plus an M.2 2280 SATA and NVMe capable slot for SSDs.

Connectivity wise, Intel has gone for one HDMI 2.0b port, one or DP 1.4 port, two rear USB 3.2 10 Gbps ports, plus a further two around the front, plus two USB 2.0 ports around the back, Gigabit Ethernet and a separate headphone and microphone jack around the front. WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0 is provided by an aging Intel Wireless-AC 9462 module, so don't expect WiFi 6 support. Intel supplies an external 65 W power brick that uses a standard barrel plug. No word on pricing at this point, as the new NUC models aren't expected to hit retail until later this quarter, but the previous generation started at under US$200 for a barebone unit with the most basic CPU, so hopefully we'll see something similar this time around. Intel will also offer a fully kitted out mini PC SKU with 4 GB of RAM and Windows 11. All SKUs, including the bare board, come with a three year warranty, which seems quite generous by Intel.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

This has to potentially be one of the largest leaps of compute performance in this price segment.
Waiting to see some Jasper Lake figures.

actually it starts way way lower than $200, in Europe you could buy the dual core Gemini lake Celeron from 120€, the quad core from 150€ and the Pentium from €200. With the current supply-demand situation I don't expect the pricing to be so low for the barebones, but still it will effect the refurbished OC business. To get something similar in refurbished you will need at least an i5 haswell regarding CPU and as far iGPU closer to Skylake, so with 3 years warranty (always was 3 years for the NUCs) it will certainly challenge the refurbished options!

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
actually it starts way way lower than $200, in Europe you could buy the dual core Gemini lake Celeron from 120€, the quad core from 150€ and the Pentium from €200. With the current supply-demand situation I don't expect the pricing to be so low for the barebones, but still it will effect the refurbished OC business. To get something similar in refurbished you will need at least an i5 haswell regarding CPU and as far iGPU closer to Skylake, so with 3 years warranty (always was 3 years for the NUCs) it will certainly challenge the refurbished options!
I was going by the Intel ARK pricing and I don't expect we'll see these for less than $200, since as you say, the current situation in the world isn't exactly helping when it comes to the cost of anything.

This has to potentially be one of the largest leaps of compute performance in this price segment.
Waiting to see some Jasper Lake figures.
Indeed, it looks like a very decent entry level SoC with no obvious corners cut.

I was going by the Intel ARK pricing and I don't expect we'll see these for less than $200, since as you say, the current situation in the world isn't exactly helping when it comes to the cost of anything.

Indeed, it looks like a very decent entry level SoC with no obvious corners cut.
I really don't know what the pricing will be, but historically speaking Intel NUCs was always cheaper than Gigabyte's BRIXs (when availability is normal for both brands) and right now the pricing start at 149€/165€/205€ for the equivalent BRIXs

Are you going to review them eventually?

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Are you going to review them eventually?
I don't do reviews here, so I don't really know. Maybe send a request to the bossman?

Sure, i meant if you knew.
@W1zzard are you going to review the upcoming Jasper lake based NUCs or the already released Brix models, i think it will be interesting read plus probably good traffic generator for the site.

Thanks!

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I'm not aware of any plans to review these. Not sure if traffic would be significant in any way, these seem VERY niche

In the abyss, where all I can see is...nuthin !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
these seem VERY niche
"niche" as in bottom-of-the-barrel, minimally-functional net-box toy, yep ........

For about $150 moar, I recently (BF special) got a mini-pc with an i5 coffee lake@2.4ghz, 64GB of 3200 ram, IrisPlus655, W10pro, same # of ports +USB C, wi-fi 6 and a 1TB nvme, so this is a definite no-buy IMHO :D

And yes it runs everything I need it to, except for my CAD/CAM apps, but that's what I have a $5k high-end workstation for, hehehe :)