• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Arc Alchemist DG2 GPU Memory Configurations Leak

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
These intel GPU's dont even need to be great, or price competitive
Why?

Because intel will force them into hundreds of thousands of prebuilt systems and force them upon users with their usual shady business practises

(I look forward to finding out they only work on intel systems with 11th and 12th gen CPU's or some other such nonsense)

Why?

Because intel will force them into hundreds of thousands of prebuilt systems and force them upon users with their usual shady business practises

(I look forward to finding out they only work on intel systems with 11th and 12th gen CPU's or some other such nonsense)
Ahhh, that's the beauty of having a 2 horse race isn't it? I mean AMD or Intel, take your pick! :(:ohwell:

Dude, stop lying, you know these guys are all going to get fired or sued for releasing something that's under NDA. "Oh! Woopsie!"

@Fouquin see the point now?

Not bad? That's 100 Gbps short of a 3070ti and about equal to a 3070.
So the bestest, most optimistic outlook if Intel has near-perfect drivers is that their most expensive chip with 16GB (!) will end up somewhere along 3070 but likely a good 10% under it because its just not quite as refined.

I hope Intel is not looking for any more than 600 bucks for that, because if they do, and they also postpone beyond Q1 2022, its a DOA and you can easily wait until 2023 for something better. And by then, 500Gbps is lower midrange territory. So... Intel gonna scale up to 384 ~ 512 bit then? Hey Raja... did you think of using HBM? Or still didn't make up your mind? :rolleyes::rockout::toast::oops:

I'm not even half kidding. DG2 looks like old news already, its like Raja still has no grasp of time to market and pre empting that delay.

I mean.. this is just in:

View attachment 233714
In my own experience trying out the RTX 3070 Ti, the higher bandwidth as compared to the 3070 did not make a material difference in game performance. I've reduced the clock speed of the VRAM down and did not see a drastic drop in performance. The bulk of the sub 10% improvement in average performance is somewhat contributed by the increase in CUDA cores and likely less of the memory bandwidth increase. Cards at this range are meant to be solid 1440p performer, and may suit some games in 4K. So there is little concern about the memory bandwidth in my opinion.

Why?

This is possible, but I don't think Intel will be that silly by locking AMD and Nvidia GPUs out of the ecosystem. They know very well that most of the dedicated GPUs are from Nvidia, and by tying Intel CPUs to Intel GPUs, people will just deflect to AMD based systems. In the end, there is a potential that they may lose sales on both CPU and GPU.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
In my own experience trying out the RTX 3070 Ti, the higher bandwidth as compared to the 3070 did not make a material difference in game performance. I've reduced the clock speed of the VRAM down and did not see a drastic drop in performance. The bulk of the sub 10% improvement in average performance is somewhat contributed by the increase in CUDA cores and likely less of the memory bandwidth increase. Cards at this range are meant to be solid 1440p performer, and may suit some games in 4K. So there is little concern about the memory bandwidth in my opinion.

Semi-relevant, but i found overclocking the VRAM on my 3090 helped massively with mining, but was a performance loss in gaming - because it ate into the power limit of the GPU.

With a raised or unlimited TDP it was different, but there genuinely is a point that higher VRAM clock speeds is a negative.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
I hear you, but an Nvidia GPU is not an Intel GPU. Nvidia has deployed several things over the years to reduce the pressure on VRAM (dynamically). Its why they think they can make do with less than the competition, too. Nvidia has always had tighter bus / capacity / etc. And works around it. We're seeing more and more trickery applied that is dynamic, so its becoming more and more of a black box. Your FPS might be similar, but are you seeing the same detail?

As much as a 'core' in one architecture isn't the same as in another, bandwidth or even capacity similarly isn't the whole story if you compare different architectures. And even on different situations/games. But there are no true magic bullets here anyway; if Intel thinks it can make do with 500Gbps, we know they're limiting themselves to that bandwidth, and until we hear of special technology to work around it, it is what it is. A low number given the supposed performance level. AMD has infinity cache, for example, to make up for the X they lack in their GDDR6 ;)