• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo Immortal Unleashed on Mobile and PC

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
The Lord of Terror has been defeated, but darker days lie ahead for Sanctuary's newest heroes. Diablo Immortal, the latest, all-new entry in Blizzard Entertainment's iconic Diablo franchise, is live and available for download free on iOS and Android mobile platforms, and in open beta on Windows PC via Battle.net, throughout most regions of the world, with select Asia-Pacific regions coming June 22. In celebration of the launch and in gratitude to the more than 35 million people who pre-registered for Diablo Immortal, all players who log in to the game and complete the tutorial within the next 30 days will be able to deck out their characters to battle demons in style with the ceremonial Horadrim Cosmetic Set.

"We're thrilled to now be able to put the newest entry in the Diablo series in players' hands," said Mike Ybarra, president of Blizzard Entertainment. "The visceral gameplay, dark story, and depth of character customization that Diablo is known for are all here in Diablo Immortal. And with this being a AAA free-to-play Blizzard game, it was important to us to give players a full and highly engaging core game experience—including upcoming features, character classes, story, and more—completely free."

As a massively multiplayer online action-RPG, Diablo Immortal enables players to experience the game solo or together with any of the fellow adventurers they encounter on their journeys through Sanctuary. Players can explore, conquer, and socialize in all new ways in the first MMOARPG set in the Diablo universe. Traverse the lands of Sanctuary while racing to keep the power of creation out of the hands of the Burning Hells. Players can form a Warband to test their endurance in eight-player raids, join a Clan, or simply craft, trade, and interact with other players in the busy city of Westmarch. All while amassing enough skill and power to conquer their server in the Cycle of Strife, where they will ultimately fight in brutal 1v30 battles to earn the title of Immortal.

Blizzard's mobile-first experience is also on Windows PC via Battle.net in Open Beta, allowing players to adventure between platforms with cross-play and cross-progression without skipping a beat—player progress will not be reset at the end of Open Beta, allowing for uninterrupted demon-slaying. On top of the hand-crafted fluid touch controls on mobile and both WASD movement and traditional Diablo point-and-click functionality on PC, Diablo Immortal features integrated controller support regardless of what platform players prefer.

Choose from six iconic classes, explore eight zones, and experience an epic story set between Diablo II and Diablo III in a free-to-play game. And this is just the beginning. Players can revel in fresh content added every few months, including new dungeons, zones, seasons, classes, and even live in-game events. Diablo Immortal is setting the stage for a truly epic new era of demon-slaying.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I've heard it's full of predatory microtransactions right to the eyeballs.

Blizzard aren't even trying to hide it that they want to milk your wallet dry

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.

Yep, and therefor the game is banned in The Netherlands and Belgium.

Shame it's just two of the smaller countries in the EU, so it won't hurt Bli$$ard.

Shame it's just two of the smaller countries in the EU, so it won't hurt Bli$$ard.
Those are some of the wealthiest countries in the world (17th and 23rd in GDP per capita), so it hopefully sets an example and puts pressure on the rest...

Another interesting issue is the fact that the international build of the game still contains the "Chinese backdoors" used for compliance with their law, partly by scanning faces of players - It's quite a blunder on Blizzard's side.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10

It is so annoying when your microtransaction buying spree is interrupted by those pesky gameplay bits... I hope this gets fixed once and for all :rolleyes:

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Don't you like free to play games, hue hue hue :D

Some of us have principles when it comes to games, free or not. I avoid p2w games, i.e everything with micro transactions above cosmetics. That wont stop a publisher from making money, there are always suckers to milk dry.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Blizzard can DIAF.
#MeToo is just the shrivelled cherry on top of the rancid, necrotic cake that is made from the corpses of decent former studios.

SC2: WoL was amazing, but D3 was the beginning of the end - and while they did reverse the RMAH and make it a better game, it's clear that their goal was extortion of money rather than making a fun game by that point; Also, the RMAH reversal was only a reaction to mass-outcry, petitions, and class-action threats.

Some of us have principles when it comes to games, free or not. I avoid p2w games, i.e everything with micro transactions above cosmetics. That wont stop a publisher from making money, there are always suckers to milk dry.
yes, you are right, sadly, and it´s not only on games, in many other things too, the suckers are always there

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Those are some of the wealthiest countries in the world (17th and 23rd in GDP per capita), so it hopefully sets an example and puts pressure on the rest...

Another interesting issue is the fact that the international build of the game still contains the "Chinese backdoors" used for compliance with their law, partly by scanning faces of players - It's quite a blunder on Blizzard's side.

Goes to show that in war and commerce everything is Okay. Screw ethics, right?

Man am I glad we blocked this piece of crap over here. Its about time citizens start telling their government 'look, we want that too'. Either that or you keep getting fed this crap, and that includes your younger population. What are we teaching our kids now, exactly? That as citizens in a democracy, you can lean back, buy anything and all is well? Or that you have to voice concerns?

Food for thought... Don't blame Blizzard, look in the mirror and start making noise. It matters. Look and read below.

In 2018 I wrote a complaint to the Dutch 'Kijkwijzer', basically our local PEGI. In the end PEGI responded:

1654249082142.png

If you know Dutch, the complaint I sent:
1654249202620.png

Some two years later I wrote something of similar (and escalated, as the situation did since then) nature to our AFM (Authority Finance/Market).

Last edited:

ixi

Anyway 90% revenue will be from Asia :D

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
I really wish Blizzard spent all this time, effort, and money on developing Diablo 4...A TRUE successor to Diablo 2 in style and mechanics, especially the aesthetic. Diablo 3 was way too heavily influenced by WoW, especially in the visuals e.g. Purple and teal lighting and hues everywhere, soft, over-cartoony style... I'll make an analogy, Diablo 2 is to Diablo 3 as Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is to Wind waker

Well, don't expect America to follow suit, our country's unofficial policy is "whatever's best for corporations..."

Last edited:
System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Diablo 3 was way too heavily influenced by WoW, especially in the visuals e.g. Purple and teal lighting and hues everywhere, soft, over-cartoony style...
I liked D3, (after the RMAH was abolished and the devs were allowed to actually work on improving the game itself).
It wasn't D2's true successor but there was nothing to stop me from going back to play D2 (something I've only done once since D3 came out).

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10

Man am I glad we blocked this piece of crap over here. Its about time citizens start telling their government 'look, we want that too'. Either that or you keep getting fed this crap, and that includes your younger population. What are we teaching our kids now, exactly? That as citizens in a democracy, you can lean back, buy anything and all is well? Or that you have to voice concerns?

Food for thought... Don't blame Blizzard, look in the mirror and start making noise. It matters. Look and read below.

In 2018 I wrote a complaint to the Dutch 'Kijkwijzer', basically our local PEGI. In the end PEGI responded:

View attachment 249714

If you know Dutch, the complaint I sent:
View attachment 249715

Some two years later I wrote something of similar (and escalated, as the situation did since then) nature to our AFM (Authority Finance/Market).
As far as I know, loot boxes that do not disclose odds of getting various items are classified as gambling. Loot boxes that disclose those odds are fine. Whenever you see a game informing you about your 0.001% chance of getting something, it's not to inform you, it's to avoid being thrown into the gambling category.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.

Activision Blizzard's (recall how many of major franchises are behind, including ever milked WoW) total revenue barely matched revenue of that Candy Crush company the concerns owns.

The conclusions have been drawn by the upper management.

No, show laws that protect consumers from that sort of shit.

System Name Jedi Survivor Gaming PC
Motherboard Asus TUF B650M Plus Wifi
Cooling ThermalRight CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR5-5600 CL28
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD
Display(s) MSI 32" 4K OLED 240hz Monitor
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply FSP 1000W Platinum PSU
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Asus Mechanical Keyboard
I'm surprised nobody mentioned you can't even choose the resolution the game renders at on PC. I'm waiting for the actual release, not this beta release.

I have enjoyed playing it.

Nobody is making you buy anything - that is a choice.

I haven't seen anything worth buying, and I suspect I never will. It is just a fun little diversion.

You heard right. Lame duck crap.
Don't you like free to play games, hue hue hue :D
Many of us don't. Garbage software...
I REALLY wish more nations would ban that crap. Then we could go back to games being worth playing based on merits instead of how "cool" the DLC was..
Some of us have principles when it comes to games, free or not. I avoid p2w games, i.e everything with micro transactions above cosmetics.
Right there with you!

System Name Jedi Survivor Gaming PC
Motherboard Asus TUF B650M Plus Wifi
Cooling ThermalRight CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR5-5600 CL28
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD
Display(s) MSI 32" 4K OLED 240hz Monitor
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply FSP 1000W Platinum PSU
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Asus Mechanical Keyboard
I have enjoyed playing it.

Nobody is making you buy anything - that is a choice.

I haven't seen anything worth buying, and I suspect I never will. It is just a fun little diversion.
Nobody is ever forced. You are missing the point. The point is if it is intrusive. Which it always is.

Processor i5-13500
Motherboard MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX3060 12GB
Storage 250GB NVME (main) 1TB SSD (Game) 1TB HDD (Storage) 2TB HDD (ext Backup)
Display(s) Benq 27" GW2765 + Asus 27" VE278 + 55" Hisense
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard EVGA Z15 Brown Tactile (Blue Oring, Lube, Silence Pad)
P2W is so bad it is a joke.
$10 to start a clan
Enhanced daily rewards you pay for monthly. If you miss a day, you lose the reward.
To even get max level and correct gear to even clear any dungeon, you need to pay. No way around it. The mats you get free a month is max 2-3.
You need at least triple that amount. Roughly $100 worth, just for 1 or 2 piece of gear.

All the monthly, daily rewards you buy and use is character and server locked.
So you would need to buy for each toon you have.

Nothing in PC version is a PC. Everything is based on mobile, UI, graphics.
Game looks bad on 2560x1440 and 4k (game is maxed out at 1080 and UI is at 720

Im only playing to just get through story. That is it.
Even my tablet Lenovo Tab P11, the game says not optimized. 1200x2000, SD662, Andreo 610
Yet my Pixel 3A plays better. 1080x2220, SD670, Adreno 615

P11 is not much difference. Netease is terrible company to handle the MTX and game.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
I can't believe no one's asked "what, you guys don't have phones?" in this thread yet.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Blizzard is long dead. Bobby Kotick ruined the company and all it's IP.

v12dock

Block Caption of Rainey Street
Supporter
I am actually impressed with the scope of the game on mobile. Yeah its P2W but it still feels like a AAA game with proper online that plays well.

Reverb256

It plays like a solid crunchy D3-like MMORPG, but i've only just hit level 40 on Wizard. PC version has a long way to go. The rubber-banding was a lot worse yesterday.

I.. I have to get a thumb glove.. honesty I might buy some stuff.

Processor Intel Core i9 10980XE @ 4.7Ghz 1.2v
Motherboard ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
Cooling EK-Velocity D-RGB, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC WC
Storage M.2 990 Pro 1TB / 10TB WD RED Helium / 3x 860 2TB Evos
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 28"
Case Corsair Obsidian 500D SE Modded
Power Supply Cooler Master V Series 1300W
Software Windows 11
Broken on most Samsung phones lol