• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Potential Ryzen 7000-series CPU Specs and Pricing Leak, Ryzen 9 7950X Expected to hit 5.7 GHz

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
No you said any Z690. Please keep it above board.
No i didnt. You even quoted me and the statement is there. I said any mobo you would put a 13900k on. I said that specifically cause i knew someone being wrong on the Internet would resort to tactics like yours deliberately trying to find a product noone would buy to make his case.

You dont need to be an engineer to figure out the 13900k will be easier to cool. Its a given

I dont know what you are replying to. All im saying is even the cheapest z690 will easily drive any cpu at whatever frequencies you are trying to achieve. Active vrm cooling is useless nowadays, you will have trouble cooling the cpu way before your vrms can even get mildly hot.

Thats even more true for amd, how many amps can you cool on those tiny chiplets?

Better VRM's keep the CPU running cooler by drawing less voltage to remain stable. Hot VRM's aren't as good at remaining stable and with less phases tend to require more vcore compensation to remain stable. So in you're words not ours don't be ridiculous. Hell look at the VRM's on AM4 EVGA DARK and Alder Lake EVGA DARK you see a difference oh that's only 4 phases more VRM's. So take away 8 VRM phases from Intel and give AMD 4 and see how much easier it is to manipulate perceptions.

Hell 4 to 8 VRM's was enough to get a respectable LGA 775 C2Q overclock on 65nm no less and the difference in efficency was also night and day between like a 4 VRM and 8 VRM or similar designed MB's usually it was something a bit like 4+1 vs 8+2, but even still. I mean yes cooling will almost always be the first major limitation to any overclock, but the second is typically the VRM design getting in the way unless you brute force it over obscure cooling methods.

System Name DELL Inspiron 5400 AIO / HP 17 ca1065cl
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz / Ryzen 5 3500u
Memory 16GB /12GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA MX 330 / Radeon Vega 8
Storage 1TB +SSD
Display(s) 23.8 inch touch screen 17.3 touch screen
Case DELL AIO / HP LAPTOP
Mouse Dell Wireless /LOGITECH
Keyboard Dell Wireless / HP LAPTOP
Software WINDOWS 11
Oh my freakin gosh this makes me feel really old and out dated. my hp laptop I got just got like 2 years ago has a Ryzen 5 3500u in it.