• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA Announces Cancelation of NVIDIA Next-gen Graphics Cards Plans, Officially Terminates NVIDIA Partnership

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 9950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
This one? Even after reading it, I'm still left wondering: what does it say then?
You are missing context at the end that is not posted.

Essentially, the adapters are a fire hazard if used improperly outside their intended use case. That's the context you are missing.

I really would love it if they’d partner with Intel Arc. They need a strong AIB partner.
I would too, but first ARC has to be worth buying. Hopefully it will get there.

System Name "Icy Resurrection"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S upgraded with 2x NF-F12 iPPC-3000 fans and Honeywell PTM7950 TIM
Memory 32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 7600 MT/s 36-44-44-52-96 1.4V
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 500 GB WD Black SN750 SE NVMe SSD + 4 TB WD Red Plus WD40EFPX HDD
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Pichau Mancer CV500 White Edition
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Classic Intellimouse
Keyboard Generic PS/2
Software Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Benchmark Scores I pulled a Qiqi~
Nvidia is being hated by more and more people for their shady business practices. When it's all confirmed by their partners leaving them, they'll have to see that something has to change (I know it won't).

Unfortunately, much like amongst the Apple patronage, the average joe doesn't really care about their anti-competitive practices or their black box approach that is extremely hostile to user-modification and open-source development. As for me, it's safe to say this RTX 3090 may very well be the last NVIDIA GPU I will own in the foreseeable future.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
Especially if AMD comes out with APUs with RDNA3 onboard.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking, from both Intel and AMD.

But AMD is already going to deal a blow to the dGPU market with Zen 4. Consider, for like 12+ months every single Zen 3 sold *had* to have a dGPU. And even now, all the high performance 'X' Zen 3 *have* to have a dGPU.

Not everyone cares about GPUs, in fact *most* PC users don't care about that. I think dGPU market penetration hit 30-35% at its recent height during Covid lockdowns, and it is normally more like 20-25%. So basically, if we say AMD gets 20% of the desktop market, that's roughly 50M PCs.

If just half of those people who buy AMD do not buy a dGPU because they are fine with the iGPU, then that is 25M fewer dGPUs that will sell in the next year. And I'd bet it will be more than half.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 9950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
Holy meadow muffins Batman! What the actual hell EVGA? You make the best cards in the industry! What the hell are we going to do now?
I'm going to be looking at another vendor to shortlist, that's for sure. Any advice on a good partner nvidia side? I already have my "whitelist" AMD side. And of course I always consult reviews.

EVGA actually shipped me a few cards that were outright awful, I won't lie. One of them killed PCIe sockets. But they made up for it by paying for the damage and issuing a hefty store credit. Rare to see a company own up to it's mistake like that. I for one will miss them.

The majority of their products have not caused me any issues.

Last edited:
System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm going to be looking at another vendor to shortlist, that's for sure. Any advice on a good partner nvidia side? I already have my "whitelist" AMD side. And of course I always consult reviews.

EVGA actually shipped me a few cards that were outright awful, I won't lie. One of them killed PCIe sockets. But they made up for it by paying for the damage and issuing a hefty store credit. Rare to see a company owe up to it's mistake like that. I for one will miss them.

The majority of their products have not caused me any issues.
I will miss them too. They were probably the most user-friendly bunch of all. The rest could learn from them how to do RMA and sales (direct order and queuing on their own website during the shortage).

This leaves my whitelist with Asus only, unfortunately. MSi has a few decent cards, but it's kind of a hit-and-miss and their software is awful. Zotac and Palit cards seem to be pretty basic, which is nice in the low/mid-tier, but I'm not sure I would trust them in the high-end. Gigabyte is a big no-no for me. That's it for the UK partners, I'm afraid.

System Name Matar Extreme PC.
Processor Intel Core i9-12900KS 5.3GHZ All P-Cores ,4.2GHZ All E-Cores & Ring 4.2GhZ
Motherboard NZXT N5 Z690 Wi-Fi 6
Cooling CoolerMaster ML240L V2 AIO with MX6
Memory 4x16 64GB DDR4 3600MHZ CL16-19-19-39 G.SKILL Trident Z NEO
Video Card(s) Nvidia ZOTAC RTX 3080 Ti Trinity + overclocked 100 core 1000 mem. Re-pasted MX6
Storage WD black 512GB Nvme OS + 1TB 970 Nvme Samsung & 4TB WD Blk 256MB cache 7200RPM
Display(s) Lenovo 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440 144hz 1ms G-Snyc
Case NZXT H510 Black with Cooler Master RGB Fans
Audio Device(s) Internal , EIFER speakers & EasySMX Wireless Gaming Headset
Power Supply Aurora R9 850Watts 80+ Gold, I Modded cables for it.
Mouse Onn RGB Gaming Mouse & Logitech G923 & shifter & E-Break Sim setup.
Keyboard GOFREETECH RGB Gaming Keyboard, & Xbox 1 X Controller
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Home 22H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.youtube.com/user/matttttar/videos
What:eek: No way... this is like XFX back in the days i used to by Nvidia XFX like 8800GTX then they stopped Nvidia but they went to ATi now its AMD and now EVGA just completely Stopped :banghead:

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) 48" LG OLED C4
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Death Adder v3
Keyboard Razor Huntsman V3 Pro TKL
Software win11
I will miss them too. They were probably the most user-friendly bunch of all. The rest could learn from them how to do RMA and sales (direct order and queuing on their own website during the shortage).

This leaves my whitelist with Asus only, unfortunately. MSi has a few decent cards, but it's kind of a hit-and-miss and their software is awful. Zotac and Palit cards seem to be pretty basic, which is nice in the low/mid-tier, but I'm not sure I would trust them in the high-end. Gigabyte is a big no-no for me. That's it for the UK partners, I'm afraid.

Asus GPU are nice, even the cheapest models from Asus use better VRM components than EVGA high-ends

System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
Asus GPU are nice, even the cheapest models from Asus use better VRM components than EVGA high-ends
True. Although, I liked Evga for their simplicity. They were probably the last to force RGB onto every card they sold, and even then it was discreet.

I was thinking about selling my Evga 2070 as it's only been collecting dust for months, but considering this news, I'll keep it as a memento.

Unfortunately, much like amongst the Apple patronage, the average joe doesn't really care about their anti-competitive practices or their black box approach that is extremely hostile to user-modification and open-source development. As for me, it's safe to say this RTX 3090 may very well be the last NVIDIA GPU I will own in the foreseeable future.
Their (loyal) user base isn't that big, Apple's got at least 10x more sheep behind their piper! If gaming goes to the gutter you'll see the (same) kinds of length Intel went to, to now compete with AMD. That one line, from Nvidia, Steve mentioned in one of his videos was quite telling ~ We don't compete on price.

Well you effin do, you just haven't realized accepted that yet :rolleyes:

System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
Their (loyal) user base isn't that big, Apple's got at least 10x more sheep behind their piper! If gaming goes to the gutter you'll see the (same) kinds of length Intel went to, to now compete with AMD. That one line, from Nvidia, Steve mentioned in one of his videos was quite telling ~ We don't compete on price.

That depends on the person. For me, it's true (they don't compete on price) as I wouldn't buy an Apple product for 1 quid. ;)

System Name "Icy Resurrection"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S upgraded with 2x NF-F12 iPPC-3000 fans and Honeywell PTM7950 TIM
Memory 32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 7600 MT/s 36-44-44-52-96 1.4V
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 500 GB WD Black SN750 SE NVMe SSD + 4 TB WD Red Plus WD40EFPX HDD
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Pichau Mancer CV500 White Edition
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Classic Intellimouse
Keyboard Generic PS/2
Software Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Benchmark Scores I pulled a Qiqi~

Perhaps in absolute numbers, but in our PC realm, GeForce holds the overwhelming majority of the market share and has an unparalleled mindshare.

Radeon's fight is still very much uphill, even after the strides and inroads made by AMD with the exceptional performance of the RDNA 2 series, the commercial success of Ryzen and the "AMD Ryzen | Radeon" program. I know quite a few people that won't touch a red team graphics card with a barge pole, and yet these people are actually rather open-minded towards Intel, likely by association with their traditionally strong CPU lineup.

I don't think our gaming hobby is going to the gutter, though some rough seas might be ahead. :D

I'm half-expecting that their threat to terminate their GPU employees is mostly an attempt to get AMD or Intel to the negotiation table with favorable terms or they'd lose out and have to invest more to get EVGA to reclaim the staff.

Regardless, I'd like to see EVGA actually host both AMD and Intel; as their tuning division did lead to some pretty impressive projects both on the mobo side and the GPU side, and both AMD and Intel could stand to benefit from having an experienced team of OC'ers pushing their cards to the limit.

Personally, I'm a bit biased, and would love for EVGA to mostly become another AMD-exclusive GPU partner, especially one that can put out halo cards (KINGPIN) that rival that of GALAX' and Colorful's most extreme offerings (HOF and Kudan respectively), as well as further deepen their mobo support for AMD. The rest of AMD's GPU partners don't really go that extreme with their offerings (Sapphire's Toxic comes close), and neutral partners like ASUS are biased towards NVIDIA (their hybrid Matrix cooler being NVIDIA-only instead of both NVIDIA and Radeon).

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Temporary MSI RTX 4070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Temporary Viewsonic 4K 60 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
For those looking to replace EVGA I can recommend MSI cards. My last 4 cards have been MSI and they all lasted a long time. They generally get favorable reviews with the possible exception of the Ventus line.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Well I've been stuck in their queue since the Ampere launched, so that explains it.

Processor Core i7-12700k
Motherboard Z690 Aero G D4
Cooling Custom loop water, 3x 420 Rad
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming
Storage Plextor M10P 2TB
Display(s) InnoCN 27M2V
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-5 Plus
Power Supply FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
That's the kind of thinking that led to this lmao.
Unfortunately this is the kind of mind set the vast majority of the GPU market shares.
Perhaps in absolute numbers, but in our PC realm, GeForce holds the overwhelming majority of the market share and has an unparalleled mindshare.

Radeon's fight is still very much uphill, even after the strides and inroads made by AMD with the exceptional performance of the RDNA 2 series, the commercial success of Ryzen and the "AMD Ryzen | Radeon" program. I know quite a few people that won't touch a red team graphics card with a barge pole, and yet these people are actually rather open-minded towards Intel, likely by association with their traditionally strong CPU lineup.

I don't think our gaming hobby is going to the gutter, though some rough seas might be ahead. :D
At least someone gets it.
It takes a lot to make nVidia budge at all at their current dominance.

I don't think our gaming hobby is going to the gutter, though some rough seas might be ahead.
Not necessarily PC gaming per se but a lot of GeForce "gaming" cards were sold to miners & that well has dried up, at least till the next mining boom which I hope never comes! As a percentage of the total spent on (computing) hardware that pie is also shrinking, though spends on electronics in general is going down as well in part because of market saturation. Basically IMO people are spending less on "discretionary" spends like gaming (hardware) than they used to & I believe this is going to be a trend going forward.

Last edited:
If it's Nvidia's fault, we will see other partners struggling too - EVGA was one of the biggest, healthiest.

Maybe they gambled, took a very, very large order of high end Ampere cards when the crypto buying wave was high, and then Nvidia pressured them to sell that in a market without buyers, but bound their hands with high minimum card price?

It takes a lot to make nVidia budge at all at their current dominance.
Right so let's stop buying their products unless you really have no alternative, speak with your vote wallet. Companies don't change on their own ~ never have & never will, you need to make them change!

This news says a lot about partnering with Nvidia. And it shows it is not easy working with the likes of Nvidia. Given that EVGA sells GPU, and specifically Nvidia GPUs as their main product, throwing in the towel on Nvidia GPU also means that they lose a huge chunk of sales. To me, ending the partnership is a drastic move, and irrational if it is not for compelling reasons. I am not sure if EVGA partnering with the likes of AMD and Intel will ever help them recover sales like they did with Nvidia cards.

System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
I still can’t believe they made a public announcement before letting their employees know. Sure, they say they’re not going to lay people off, but good luck with that.

Wow, seriously. Just WOW!

Overwhelming majority of my GPUs are still EVGA and until Threadripper all my motherboards were exclusively from EVGA, but to be honest there was something in the air for past couple years.

EVGA basically abandoned EU market which in itself is suicidal if you care about profit margins. All replacements and new things are sent from Taiwan which added ridiculous amount of red tape. Recently EVGA ceased the EVGA bucks without any explanation why. Well now connecting the dots its pretty obvious why all of that happened.

Well, all I can say. Best of luck chaps and gals. You were sole beacon of light of the corporate IT World where consumer was paramount value. Never, ever experienced product support like EVGA. In one case guys even replaced my ESD dead X99 Classified for free (except 15Euro S&H) despite the fact it was couple months after the warranty period. Love you guys. :love:

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 5800X3D
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 6600 8 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Right so let's stop buying their products unless you really have no alternative
I did that many years ago when i found out about "their business practices": i refuse to support a company that engages in such practices, and i enforce such opinion "with my wallet" by buying from their competition.

System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
A little something to remember Evga cards by...

20210801_175403.jpg