• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA Announces Cancelation of NVIDIA Next-gen Graphics Cards Plans, Officially Terminates NVIDIA Partnership

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
you lost me. i'm just saying in all amd material they always use a reference card. i doubt they pay for aib's marketing
... and you're still not understanding what I'm saying. All official Nvidia material also uses their Founders designs. That's not what I'm talking about at all - I'm talking about brands marketing their own products - say, EVGA promoting EVGA GPUs - and how this marketing is largely (but not entirely) paid for by GPU makers through marketing support programs. I'm not talking about chipmakers' first-party ads, I'm talking about ads from Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA, Powercolor, Sapphire, etc. All of these are significantly funded by chipmakers.

They days of GPUs as add in cards are numbered anyways. It's a pretty open secret that the future of gaming is all cloud based. PC will be the first to go and we'll all be using SOCs or APUs and actual graphics "cards" are all going to be on cloud servers to do the work for you. Consoles will be the next thing to go with portable units being the last. The concept of getting a graphics card for your computer unless you are talking some multi thousand dollar workstation type deal will be as antiquated as a horse and buggy within a decade.
Sure. That's been promised for, what, a decade now? It has arguably gotten better in that time period, but it's still nowhere near a replacement for local hardware. The vast majority of the world is nowhere near having the internet connectivity necessary for this, and even for those who do, the disadvantages of cloud gaming typically far outweigh the advantages.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
... and you're still not understanding what I'm saying. All official Nvidia material also uses their Founders designs. That's not what I'm talking about at all - I'm talking about brands marketing their own products - say, EVGA promoting EVGA GPUs - and how this marketing is largely (but not entirely) paid for by GPU makers through marketing support programs. I'm not talking about chipmakers' first-party ads, I'm talking about ads from Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA, Powercolor, Sapphire, etc. All of these are significantly funded by chipmakers.

OK i get it now. Cross promotion. You're initial point was EVGA would be more supported then the rest, right. I doubt it, small bussiness the others would find out and get pissed, and this things always come out inside the bussiness, employes that move for example. But even if they have better deals that should not be meaningfull for the bottomline, case and point what happened to EVGA and the others are still standing.

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO (WiFi 6)
Cooling Noctua NH-C14S (two fans)
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Reference Vega 64
Storage Intel 665p 1TB, WD Black SN850X 2TB, Crucial MX300 1TB SATA, Samsung 830 256 GB SATA
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG27, and Samsung S23A700
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME TITANIUM 850W
Mouse Logitech
VR HMD Oculus Rift
Software Windows 11 Pro, and Ubuntu 20.04

Sure. That's been promised for, what, a decade now? It has arguably gotten better in that time period, but it's still nowhere near a replacement for local hardware. The vast majority of the world is nowhere near having the internet connectivity necessary for this, and even for those who do, the disadvantages of cloud gaming typically far outweigh the advantages.
I wish I could give the conclusion of this post a thousand upvotes. APUs, by their very nature, will never be a replacement even for the midrange discrete GPUs like the RX6600. APUs made by merchant chip makers, i.e. everyone besides Apple, are limited by many economic factors from achieving their technological limits:
  1. Limited memory bandwidth
  2. Sharing of limited memory bandwidth with the CPU
  3. limited die size (small dies for CPUs, and only a fraction of that space is devoted to the GPU)
  4. limited power (35 to 65 W) compared to a discrete GPU (north of 100 W)
All of these are limits imposed by the necessity of these APUs being available in affordable laptops. When these limits don't apply, we can see great APUs like the various console chips that AMD has made. However, this will never be the case for the APUs that we can buy for desktops or buy in the form of a whole laptop.

System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
OK i get it now. Cross promotion. You're initial point was EVGA would be more supported then the rest, right. I doubt it, small bussiness the others would find out and get pissed, and this things always come out inside the bussiness, employes that move for example. But even if they have better deals that should not be meaningfull for the bottomline, case and point what happened to EVGA and the others are still standing.
... you seem to have a very ill informed idea of the relative power of the parties involved in such a negotiation. If, say, Gigabyte tells Nvidia "we heard you give more marketing support relative to sales to EVGA - we want you to give us a matching deal" - do you imagine Nvidia would just keel over and give them that? Of course not. Nvidia would say "Yes, and they are an exclusive partner, and they get more support in exchange for that exclusivity. You also work with AMD, so you'll not get the same level of support". There is literally nothing whatsoever an AIB could do about this outside of ending their deal with Nvidia outright. Which Nvidia knows, and reportedly uses to strong-arm AIB partners into very, very lopsided deals. AIB partners are pissed at Nvidia. They have been for years. But they haven't got a choice, unless they're willing to significantly scale back their business - which most companies aren't.

As for marketing support not being meaningful for their bottom lines ... what planet are you living on? Do you think they'd survive without marketing? Do you think AIB partners have the tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars necessary for a significant marketing presence in all the markets they are a part of? 'Cause they dont - outside of possibly Asus, being the juggernaut they are (but they also have way more products to market, which again eats into these funds).

When your highest revenue product segment has low single digit profit margins, even if you sell millions of that product and ASPs are high, you'll still be struggling to cover basic operating costs for your business, let alone have cash left over for marketing, R&D, etc.
I wish I could give the conclusion of this post a thousand upvotes. APUs, by their very nature, will never be a replacement even for the midrange discrete GPUs like the RX6600. APUs made by merchant chip makers, i.e. everyone besides Apple, are limited by many economic factors from achieving their technological limits:
  1. Limited memory bandwidth
  2. Sharing of limited memory bandwidth with the CPU
  3. limited die size (small dies for CPUs, and only a fraction of that space is devoted to the GPU)
  4. limited power (35 to 65 W) compared to a discrete GPU (north of 100 W)
All of these are limits imposed by the necessity of these APUs being available in affordable laptops. When these limits don't apply, we can see great APUs like the various console chips that AMD has made. However, this will never be the case for the APUs that we can buy for desktops or buy in the form of a whole laptop.
Yeah, APUs have promise in theory (and current ones are pretty good for their power level) but the board and platform requirements to realize that promise just don't really make sense for consumer applications. Special motherboards with GDDR on board would be exorbitantly expensive and difficult to sell; on-chip memory (like HBM) is expensive and very difficult to fit in a small package, etc. DDR5 has some promise towards alleviating this, but as you say you'd still struggle to come close to an RX 6600. I for one really hope AMD pushes their APUs higher in terms of GPU power - 100-150W with a 20CU GPU would be amazing, even with just dual channel DDR5 - but I don't see them taking over PC gaming any time soon, that's for sure.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
It's not quite that simple - they likely get significantly better deals, pricing and marketing partnerships through being an exclusive partner.
IDK if you recall the drama over Nvidia's main stipulation of its partnership program, it resulted in partners that sold other brands were treated poorly, more than those that sold only Nvidia cards.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
IDK if you recall the drama over Nvidia's main stipulation of its partnership program, it resulted in partners that sold other brands were treated poorly, more than those that sold only Nvidia cards.
Yep, the GPP was essentially an attempt at taking this type of scheme and pushing it into an even more explicitly anticompetitive form, with really draconian requirements like Geforce and Radeon cards not sharing branding (anyone remember the never-really-launched AREZ branding that was supposed to replace ROG on AMD products?) and an intensification of the inequality of funds provided. I have absolutely zero doubt that their regular marketing support programmes still differentiate between exclusive and non-exclusive partners - that is somewhat reasonable, after all - it just depends on the degree, as well as other factors such as the size and status of the AIB partner in question.

It's not about theory, it's about what's profitable. Point blank AIB GPUs do not make sense. They are going to die. APUs and high profit cloud based GPUs where you pay x per month for 30 fps 720, more for 60 fps 1080p, more for 240 fps 1080, more for 4k 120hz, and also charge by detail settings does make economic sense. And that's the future of PC gaming. You'll lease a could item and pay say 100 a month for a good one, you won't own the hardware.

Every industry player has been admitting this is where it's going. To many outright stating this is what they are going to do. The notion of you owning the hardware is as idiotic as that software isn't subscription based. You're going to rent an RTX, you don't get a vote in this.

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO (WiFi 6)
Cooling Noctua NH-C14S (two fans)
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Reference Vega 64
Storage Intel 665p 1TB, WD Black SN850X 2TB, Crucial MX300 1TB SATA, Samsung 830 256 GB SATA
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG27, and Samsung S23A700
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME TITANIUM 850W
Mouse Logitech
VR HMD Oculus Rift
Software Windows 11 Pro, and Ubuntu 20.04
It's not about theory, it's about what's profitable. Point blank AIB GPUs do not make sense. They are going to die. APUs and high profit cloud based GPUs where you pay x per month for 30 fps 720, more for 60 fps 1080p, more for 240 fps 1080, more for 4k 120hz, and also charge by detail settings does make economic sense. And that's the future of PC gaming. You'll lease a could item and pay say 100 a month for a good one, you won't own the hardware.

Every industry player has been admitting this is where it's going. To many outright stating this is what they are going to do. The notion of you owning the hardware is as idiotic as that software isn't subscription based. You're going to rent an RTX, you don't get a vote in this.
If that turns out to be the case, Nvidia will be the loser, because big cloud companies won't be beholden to their terms like ASUS or EVGA. They also won't pay Nvidia as much for the chips as the AIB partners have to. If Nvidia plays hardball, they could always throw money at AMD or Intel, and kill Nvidia's consumer gaming division forever.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Last edited:
System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro

What "makes economic sense" doesn't matter whatsoever unless you can convince people to actually use these things. And so far, cloud gaming isn't convincing anyone. High performance APUs are great in consoles, but are fundamentally unsuited for desktop PC use due to significant feature mismatch.

And, crucially, you'll struggle a lot to get people to pay anywhere near $100/month even for a "2160p120" cloud gaming plan - 'cause the experience will be noticeably worse and more complicated than dedicated local hardware, access to games will be more limited (and thus more complicated), and you'll be reliant on an unreliable internet connectionto deliver what will always be a noticeably worse quality image. Any game with a dark look is nigh on unplayable from the cloud due to how video compression handles blacks and dark tones, and you can forget about meaningful HDR, let alone clarity and sharpness anywhere near a local game. What you're drawing up might be the fever dream of a bunch of silicon valley types, but it's unlikely to pan out in real life.

System Name Alienation from family
Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard Hero VIII
Cooling Macho revB
Memory 16gb Hyperx
Video Card(s) Asus 1080ti Strix OC
Storage 960evo 500gb
Display(s) AOC 4k
Case Define R2 XL
Power Supply Be f*ing Quiet 600W M Gold
Mouse NoName
Keyboard NoNameless HP
Software You have nothing on me
Benchmark Scores Personal record 100m sprint: 60m
LOLOLOLOL! Thanks for the laugh. You made my day! Got anything more funny?
Not funny! Read TPU reviews of last 3 generations and you will be convinced.

System Name O-Clock
Processor Intel Core i9-9900K @ 52x/49x 8c8t
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XI Gene
Cooling EK Quantum Velocity C+A, EK Quantum Vector C+A, CE 280, Monsta 280, GTS 280 all w/ A14 IP67
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ @3900 MHz CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC Black
Storage Samsung 983 ZET 960GB, 2x WD SN850X 4TB
Display(s) Asus VG259QM
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) beyerdynamic DT 990 600Ω, Asus SupremeFX Hi-Fi 5.25", Elgato Wave 3
Power Supply EVGA 1600 T2 w/ A14 IP67
Mouse Logitech G403 Wireless (PMW3366)
Keyboard Monsgeek M5W w/ Cherry MX Silent Black RGBs
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/search/submissions/permalink?userId=92615&cpuId=5773
Why all this talk about Intel ARC? It's basically dead. Buried six feet under. It's such an absolute failure.
Says who? People who want Intel to fail.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Seems to be something about Huang's personality at play. And it is hurting NV in major ways.
Nvidia stands for:
  • Price gouging customers and partners
  • Proprietary bullshit in hardware features, software, API, and of course physical compatibility
  • Bribery of devs with tools that are intentionally crippled on competitors' hardware.
  • Closed-source everything when they rely on open-source APIs, OSes, and frameworks.
  • Manipulation/unfair treatment of independent media who publicise flaws/truth
  • Antitrust lawsuits with numerous large-scale global entities
  • Running foul of legislation in around half the regions they operate in
  • Attempting to monopolise segments that are critical to healthy market operation (ARM was unsuccessful but other buyouts have succeeded and more will surely come)
There's a lot more than just this list, but I think every single point on this list is individually a pretty damning black mark against Nvidia.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Nvidia stands for:
  • Proprietary bullshit in hardware features, software, API, and of course physical compatibility
  • Bribery of devs with tools that are intentionally crippled on competitors' hardware.
  • Closed-source everything when they rely on open-source APIs, OSes, and frameworks.
  • Attempting to monopolise segments that are critical to healthy market operation (ARM was unsuccessful but other buyouts have succeeded and more will surely come)
There's a lot more than just this list, but I think every single point on this list is individually a pretty damning black mark against Nvidia.
This is why I have been been buying AMD since a personal experience with the GTS 450.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
The PSUs are okay and sell, but the boards are sitting in the shelves like dead ducks. I really doubt they can survive on PSUs and will close down if they don't partner with AMD or Intel.
Given than EVGA cites the US and UK as it's two primary regions, EVGA boards are super-rare over here, and they're terrible value compared to the competition. Sure, if you're after high-end perhaps that's a different market, but isn't the ultra-flagship partly about reputation and kudos too? If true, then surely Asus/MSI have that segment tied up with ROG Maximus and MEG Godlike and other pretenders are just that - pretenders.

What "makes economic sense" doesn't matter whatsoever unless you can convince people to actually use these things. And so far, cloud gaming isn't convincing anyone. High performance APUs are great in consoles, but are fundamentally unsuited for desktop PC use due to significant feature mismatch.

And, crucially, you'll struggle a lot to get people to pay anywhere near $100/month even for a "2160p120" cloud gaming plan - 'cause the experience will be noticeably worse and more complicated than dedicated local hardware, access to games will be more limited (and thus more complicated), and you'll be reliant on an unreliable internet connectionto deliver what will always be a noticeably worse quality image. Any game with a dark look is nigh on unplayable from the cloud due to how video compression handles blacks and dark tones, and you can forget about meaningful HDR, let alone clarity and sharpness anywhere near a local game. What you're drawing up might be the fever dream of a bunch of silicon valley types, but it's unlikely to pan out in real life.

You don't have a choice. They will force this on you, and if you want to game you will eat it and like it. And that's the only thing you will be able to do. That's the free market, the seller sets the term, you don't like it then fuck you you don't get to touch anything.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
I have a feeling this is going to backfire on Nvidia. Not so much EVGA, but levitating the prices like this.

I've been on Nvidia for most of a decade now, but was using Radeons and even Athlon X4s in the 2000s (after 3dfx started to fail).

The price delta between equivalent upper midrange parts between Nvidia and AMD is growing. I've always said, it's worth an extra $50-$75 to avoid software issues, keep Nvidia's longer support for its cards, and so on. I still believe that to be true. However, the delta is getting too big.

Objectively, the 6700XT performs a little better than a 3060 Ti, and consumes a little less power. Its price is just $20 more than a vanilla 3060.

Although I had planned to wait until after new years for a GPU, I may go for a new one along with a platform upgrade in the next 4-6 weeks. I'd like to see what the A750/A770 can do first though.

For the first time in about 10 years, I'm not really even thinking about Nvidia's cards. My thinking now is all about 6700XT vs whatever Intel winds up releasing.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
You don't have a choice. They will force this on you, and if you want to game you will eat it and like it. And that's the only thing you will be able to do. That's the free market, the seller sets the term, you don't like it then fuck you you don't get to touch anything.
Or man b builds an alternative and everyone buys that, capitalism heard of it.
There's been cries of that shit year's yet here we are, stadia did well.

I won't be surprised if other aibs follow Evga out that door.

System Name ❶ Oooh (2024) ❷ Aaaah (2021) ❸ Ahemm (2017)
Processor ❶ 5800X3D ❷ i7-9700K ❸ i7-7700K
Motherboard ❶ X570-F ❷ Z390-E ❸ Z270-E
Cooling ❶ ALFIII 360 ❷ X62 + X72 (GPU mod) ❸ X62
Memory ❶ 32-3600/16 ❷ 32-3200/16 ❸ 16-3200/16
Video Card(s) ❶ 3080 X Trio ❷ 2080TI (AIOmod) ❸ 1080TI
Storage ❶ NVME/SSD/HDD ❷ <SAME ❸ SSD/HDD
Display(s) ❶ 1440/165/IPS ❷ 1440/144/IPS ❸ 1080/144/IPS
Case ❶ BQ Silent 601 ❷ Cors 465X ❸ Frac Mesh C
Audio Device(s) ❶ HyperX C2 ❷ HyperX C2 ❸ Logi G432
Power Supply ❶ HX1200 Plat ❷ RM750X ❸ EVGA 650W G2
Mouse ❶ Logi G Pro ❷ Razer Bas V3 ❸ Logi G502
Keyboard ❶ Logi G915 TKL ❷ Anne P2 ❸ Logi G610
Software ❶ Win 11 ❷ 10 ❸ 10
Benchmark Scores I have wrestled bandwidths, Tussled with voltages, Handcuffed Overclocks, Thrown Gigahertz in Jail
Nvidia stands for:

ooouch!! So its more than just God like exalted pricing for profit.

Some of the comments on this thread have been an eye opener for me. I was looking forward to RTX 4000 ... i think you guys have weighed down the eagerness in me. But as always, if the price is right im on it like a rabbit!

Just curious any idea when AMD will drop next Gen graphics cards?

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
For that to happen you need a single actor or a consolidated group of actors willing to force this to happen. But the gaming market is wide open, with many actors involved - console makers in fierce competition, hardware makers across PC, console and mobile, software vendors across all kinds of platforms, +++. There is nobody with the kind of clout necessary to implement the kind of shift you're describing here. Not even close. Google have tried, and failed miserably. Microsoft is working on it, but showing zero signs of pushing for a cloud-only future - they just want you to buy Game Pass, and will happily sell you a console if that makes you do so. On the PC, nobody has that kind of power, as hardware and software sales have nothing to do with each other.

ooouch!! So its more than just God like exalted pricing for profit.

Some of the comments on this thread have been an eye opener for me. I was looking forward to RTX 4000 ... i think you guys have weighed down the eagerness in me. But as always, if the price is right im on it like a rabbit!

Before the end of the year, November is rumored but there's no confirmation AFAIK. (IMO Nov is late unless it's a true hard launch, given that they'll miss the holiday season by launching then - but if that's when the cards are ready I guess that's when they're ready.)

I wish Radeon was still a good company able to be #1 against nVidia greed and gluttony. We need a good card now after 10 years of no competition at a price we can afford.

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG UltraFine 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S (hosted on a different PC)
Software macOS Sonoma 14.7
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)

AMD has repeatedly stated before the end of 2022. There's a window of opportunity for holiday sales so most likely sometime in October or the first half of November.

This would not be unusual behavior specific to AMD, pretty much all consumer electronics companies keep the holidays in mind. Remember that both PS5 and Xbox Series X|S launched for holiday 2020. Apple likes to have their holiday product lineup finalized by early November at latest.

AMD Radeon RX 6800 and 6800 XT debuted in mid-November 2020 with the 6900 XT following in very early December.

Without a doubt, AMD will stagger their release over months, starting with their high end models (7900, 7800). I assume Dr. Su's keynote at January's CES tradeshow will include a launch of some mid-range Radeon 70 series models.

System Name ❶ Oooh (2024) ❷ Aaaah (2021) ❸ Ahemm (2017)
Processor ❶ 5800X3D ❷ i7-9700K ❸ i7-7700K
Motherboard ❶ X570-F ❷ Z390-E ❸ Z270-E
Cooling ❶ ALFIII 360 ❷ X62 + X72 (GPU mod) ❸ X62
Memory ❶ 32-3600/16 ❷ 32-3200/16 ❸ 16-3200/16
Video Card(s) ❶ 3080 X Trio ❷ 2080TI (AIOmod) ❸ 1080TI
Storage ❶ NVME/SSD/HDD ❷ <SAME ❸ SSD/HDD
Display(s) ❶ 1440/165/IPS ❷ 1440/144/IPS ❸ 1080/144/IPS
Case ❶ BQ Silent 601 ❷ Cors 465X ❸ Frac Mesh C
Audio Device(s) ❶ HyperX C2 ❷ HyperX C2 ❸ Logi G432
Power Supply ❶ HX1200 Plat ❷ RM750X ❸ EVGA 650W G2
Mouse ❶ Logi G Pro ❷ Razer Bas V3 ❸ Logi G502
Keyboard ❶ Logi G915 TKL ❷ Anne P2 ❸ Logi G610
Software ❶ Win 11 ❷ 10 ❸ 10
Benchmark Scores I have wrestled bandwidths, Tussled with voltages, Handcuffed Overclocks, Thrown Gigahertz in Jail
Before the end of the year, November is rumored but there's no confirmation AFAIK

AMD has repeatedly stated before the end of 2022

I need to keep up with stuff.. this is news to me. From what i gathered, 2022 would see AM5, RPL and possibly RTX 4000. If we're getting next Gen AMD cards too... woohooo! hehe

Gonna wait this one out until all the reviews/feedback is widely available (esp. the TPU family's input) before pulling the trigger.

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
Hehehe
Your example of, free market, is all kinda bass ackward.
I'll stick to reality thanks
;)

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 4080 RTX SUPER FE 16G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO, 2TB SN850X, 2TB DC P4600, 1TB 860 EVO, 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-9
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
Those Founders cards look pretty wimpy. They look like a boutique product that won't last the test of time, though they are probably fine, I am sure. Except the disassembly. Then you look at something from EVGA and you think damn that is a serious piece of tech. Then you feel the weight, its rigidity, and you think dam that is nice. Mmm. Someone posted that 3080Ti shot, that is a purty card, I would touch it inappropriately.

Edit:

Got a little carried away :D
I take it you not handled a 3000 series FE card then?

The things are heavy, the shroud is metal. Anything but wimpy. :)

The gigabyte 1080ti I owned before my 3080 FE (granted not an EVGA) I felt I had to grip it so loose when removing it from case else I would snap the paper like shroud.