• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Confirms New GeForce RTX Logo

Yeh, you're right, a forward-thinking company should never try to innovate, develop and refine. Clearly a stupid request.??
Forward-thinking does not compute for NVIDIA's current software team. If you can prove me wrong rather than going all fanboy-ish, I'll welcome it to redact my statement but until then... :rockout:

I don't use any of those, to be honest. But if they're as unreliable as you say, then it's all the more reason for Nvidia to start working on their software package, don't you think?
That will require restructuring and for NVIDIA to bring in a new software engineering lead/team.

Both actions NVIDIA has already stated that they will NOT reduce its current staff and no new talents aka a hiring freeze, so...

Last edited:
System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
That will require restructuring and for NVIDIA to bring in a new software engineering lead/team.

Both actions NVIDIA has already stated that they will NOT reduce its current staff and no new talents aka a hiring freeze, so...
They're a multibillion $ company. I'm sure they could figure something out if they wanted to.

They're a multibillion $ company. I'm sure they could figure something out if they wanted to.

Responses above is one of the reason why NVIDIA does not need to care.

Look at this Ampere series, for example, this whole line of GPUs has NEVER received any worthy performance lift drivers (my first 3090 late 9/20) over ~8%, period!

And that "multi-billion" statement, well, that does not mean swat and it is clear that NVIDIA's share price (and its M-Cap) is waaaAAaaay overvalued by shady analysts. And, one more thing, whatever NVIDIA TRUE VALUE is, it is not what it is today because NVIDIA is *fair and honest* with its consumers.

Responses above is one of the reason why NVIDIA does not need to care.

Look at this Ampere series, for example, this whole line of GPUs has NEVER received any worthy performance lift drivers (my first 3090 late 9/20) over ~8%, period!

And that "multi-billion" statement, well, that does not mean swat and it is clear that NVIDIA's share price (and its M-Cap) is waaaAAaaay overvalued by shady analysts. And, one more thing, whatever NVIDIA TRUE VALUE is, it is not what it is today because NVIDIA is *fair and honest* with its consumers.
You think the lack of performance update is because they don't care? Doesn't it make more sense that they are already pushing it as far as it will go (while staying in their power envelop)

You think the lack of performance update is because they don't care? Doesn't it make more sense that they are already pushing it as far as it will go (while staying in their power envelop)

More unfounded "what if..." nonsense.

People's memories are very short it seems. Ampere's SKUs never (technically) got over (replaced) its questionable Sammy's binned woes fabrication, component issues, etc. which lead NVIDIA to nerfing Ampere's drivers with an update (that had trickled down to ALL its GPUs) in Ampere's early days.

So, no. NVIDIA DGAF enough about its consumers to care to CORRECT its screw-ups (if they did, NVIDIA would have changed its Ti's line-up SKUs fabs for starts, not by them deploying a lame nerf update), especially when miners and scalpers were purchasing its cards easy for ~$2k+ a pop late '20 and all of '21.

Last edited:
System Name Bad Moon Ryzen
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4-F
Cooling Vetroo V5
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32Gb (8gb x 4) 3200 MHz DDR 4
Video Card(s) 6700 XT
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 1Tb, Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb,WD Black 8Tb, WD Blue 2Tb
Display(s) Gigabyte G24F-2 (180Hz Freesync) & 4K Samsung TV
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact w/Dark Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply MSI MPG A850GF (850w)
VR HMD Rift S
Forward-thinking does not compute for NVIDIA's current software team. If you can prove me wrong rather than going all fanboy-ish, I'll welcome it to redact my statement but until then... :rockout:

Fanboyish? Yeh, i get your angle of approach now. No thanks.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
I completely disagree. Pascal being no.1 on Steam means swat for NVIDIA present and future profits and it also hurts NVIDIA to push new architecture, it adds extra wasted hours constantly contributing engineering hours in developing GRD, for it, etc.

NVIDIA is a company, not a charity and they owe no one anything, especially how old these cards are, including Pascal.

NVIDIA has already earned all the profit that it will ever receive from these legacy GPUs.

Hope for the best but these legacy owners need to prepare for the worst.

Just saying...
Nvidia also has a reputation for supporting their hardware long past it's service life, just saying.

Processor Ryzen 5700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Arous Elite V2
Cooling Thermalright PA120
Memory Kingston FURY Renegade 3600Mhz @ 3733 tight timings
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6800
Storage 36TB
Display(s) Samsung QN90A
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Khadas Tone Pro 2, HD660s, KSC75, JBL 305 MK1
Power Supply Coolermaster V850 Gold V2
Mouse Roccat Burst Pro
Keyboard Dogshit with Otemu Brown