• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EVGA Announces Cancelation of NVIDIA Next-gen Graphics Cards Plans, Officially Terminates NVIDIA Partnership

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 3x TL-B12 V2, 2x TL-B12 V1
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) JBL Bar 700
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I take it you not handled a 3000 series FE card then?

The things are heavy, the shroud is metal. Anything but wimpy. :)

The gigabyte 1080ti I owned before my 3080 FE (granted not an EVGA) I felt I had to grip it so loose when removing it from case else I would snap the paper like shroud.
No sir, that's why I said they look like that :D

I would still buy one... even more so now knowing it's all heatsink, I have the perfect case for it :)

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit SE
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage Nextorage NE1N 2TB ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 7
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
Nvidia stands for:
  • Price gouging customers and partners
  • Proprietary bullshit in hardware features, software, API, and of course physical compatibility
  • Bribery of devs with tools that are intentionally crippled on competitors' hardware.
  • Closed-source everything when they rely on open-source APIs, OSes, and frameworks.
  • Manipulation/unfair treatment of independent media who publicise flaws/truth
  • Antitrust lawsuits with numerous large-scale global entities
  • Running foul of legislation in around half the regions they operate in
  • Attempting to monopolise segments that are critical to healthy market operation (ARM was unsuccessful but other buyouts have succeeded and more will surely come)
There's a lot more than just this list, but I think every single point on this list is individually a pretty damning black mark against Nvidia.
and if AMD was top dog it would be exactly the same story likely worse

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
and if AMD was top dog it would be exactly the same story likely worse
Lol, why on earth "likely worse"? Mostly the same? Sure. But why on earth would they be worse? That's about as clear a demonstration of prejudice and bias as is possible - knowing this is literally impossible, after all - so... well done I guess?

System Name Poor Man's PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI B650M Mortar WiFi
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 with Arctic P12 Max fan
Memory 32GB GSkill Flare X5 DDR5 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX Merc 310 Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2TB + 8 TB WD Ultrastar DC HC320
Display(s) Xiaomi G Pro 27i MiniLED
Case Asus A21 Case
Audio Device(s) MPow Air Wireless + Mi Soundbar
Power Supply Enermax Revolution DF 650W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 3
Keyboard Logitech Pro X + Kailh box heavy pale blue switch + Durock stabilizers
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Benchmark Scores Who need bench when everything already fast?
More like chicken egg situation, and if history tell us anything, XFX breaks with them and go with AMD, I think I know the problems.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit SE
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage Nextorage NE1N 2TB ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 7
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
Lol, why on earth "likely worse"? Mostly the same? Sure. But why on earth would they be worse? That's about as clear a demonstration of prejudice and bias as is possible - knowing this is literally impossible, after all - so... well done I guess?
say it with me
corporations are not your friends
AMD aren't the good guys, they exist to make as much money as possible something they suck at compared to intel or nvidia

I could write a lengthy post breaking down AMDs corporate culture and the potential devisationg effects underdogs syndrome can create
but I have a feeling the point would be lost on you
good day sir

@R-T-B Here's another good brand!

After having watched the following, I'm wondering if EVGA has a plan they have not revealed yet..
(yes, I realize this video might have been posted already, but I haven't read through the whole of this thread)

Last edited:
System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
say it with me
AMD aren't the good guys, they exist to make as much money as possible something they suck at compared to intel or nvidia
Please stop acting like a belittling asshole. That'd be nice, thank you. Nothing I have said here comes even remotely close to saying that AMD is anyone's friend.
I could write a lengthy post breaking down AMDs corporate culture and the potential devisationg effects underdogs syndrome can create
good day sir
But ... so what? None of that is grounds for arguing that AMD would be worse. It's just an argument for nobody being better than anyone else. Please stop projecting this weird kind of reverse fanboyism onto me - my objection to your post isn't about saying AMD would be just as bad - I've said so myself - and more - plenty of times. My objection is to you stating as fact something that is pure and utter speculation. They might be worse. Or they might not. We have literally no way of knowing. Speculating as to the effects of AMD's corporate culture and what this would cause if they suddenly were in a reversed market position (which wouldn't happen overnight, and the change would inevitably have effects on said corporate culture) is such absurd conjecture that I don't even know where to begin. It's not relevant as an analysis of our current reality as this literally won't happen. AMD is indeed not anyone's friend, but saying that is not the same as for some reason arguing that they would be worse than Nvidia if their positions were reversed. That is only - and I repeat, only - a rhetorical tactic to take away responsibility from Nvidia for their actions through equivocations and whataboutism. So please, please stop. You're just showing your bias here, even through these very transparent attempts at being neutral.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502

as always the best independent perspective. This one was clearly not on the EVGA payroll like GN or Jayz.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Nvidia stands for:
  • Price gouging customers and partners
  • Proprietary bullshit in hardware features, software, API, and of course physical compatibility
  • Bribery of devs with tools that are intentionally crippled on competitors' hardware.
  • Closed-source everything when they rely on open-source APIs, OSes, and frameworks.
  • Manipulation/unfair treatment of independent media who publicise flaws/truth
  • Antitrust lawsuits with numerous large-scale global entities
  • Running foul of legislation in around half the regions they operate in
  • Attempting to monopolise segments that are critical to healthy market operation (ARM was unsuccessful but other buyouts have succeeded and more will surely come)
There's a lot more than just this list, but I think every single point on this list is individually a pretty damning black mark against Nvidia.
Good summary.

AMD aren't the good guys
No corporation is your friend, but it doesn't mean all corporations are as filthy as NV.
In fact, NV is probably the world champion.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
ooouch!! So its more than just God like exalted pricing for profit.

Some of the comments on this thread have been an eye opener for me. I was looking forward to RTX 4000 ... i think you guys have weighed down the eagerness in me. But as always, if the price is right im on it like a rabbit!

Just curious any idea when AMD will drop next Gen graphics cards?
I mean, I'm still buying Nvidia because I need the shitty proprietary crap that Nvidia have poisoned the market with (VMWare Horizons is tied to Nvidia, CUDA applications dominate the content-creation market with nobody willing to use OpenCL, DirectCompute, or other open-API stuff) I don't have to like Nvidia to buy their stuff, unfortunately.

The Nvidia stuff is being announced on Sept 27th I think. That probably means that you can buy a 4080/4090 in late October/November if you don't mind being price-gouged and fighting over the first wave of stock.

Less is known about the RDNA3 cards, but I believe they are slated for official launch announcement in 1H October and presumably will on the market, priced to compete with RTX4000-series before the end of the year.

The midrange stuff, presumably in the sub-$600 range, is unlikely to be available for 6-9 months at least, and AMD are rumoured to be respinning RDNA2 cards like the 6600 and 6700 on TSMC 6nm to save costs, improve power efficiency, and hold down the fort for the mid-to-low end this generation.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
AMD are rumoured to be respinning RDNA2 cards like the 6600 and 6700 on TSMC 6nm to save costs, improve power efficiency, and hold down the fort for the mid-to-low end this generation.
Honestly, if the RX 7500 (XT) and 7600 (XT) were 6nm respins of the 6600 (XT) and 6700 (XT) with a price cut, I'd be all for that (especially with a decode block update for AV1 support, and DP 2.0 support). These are great GPUs, and if we can get cheaper entry and (lower) midrange offerings by warming over an existing design, that sounds like a win-win to me. Even if RDNA3 delivers its promised 50% perf/W increase, the 6600 is still the most efficient GPU of the current generation, so it's not like a 6nm respin of it would be a terrible power hog like some previous rebrands have been.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.

as always the best independent perspective. This one was clearly not on the EVGA payroll like GN or Jayz.
As valid as that is, the reason for AIB manufacturers over-ordering silicon from Nvidia isn't entirely their own fault, or greed.

Nvidia have this hideously-backhanded "allocation system" whereby AIBs can only get allocation if they jump through hoops and sign pretty unfair contracts that stipulate, effectively, that Nvidia can shit all over them if they don't accept the terrible terms. There have been videos on this in the past covered by various other channels but it's an abusive relationship that Nvidia ties AIBs into. AIBs can't order silicon as needed, they have to promise to buy stuff several months ahead of ordering to earn favour for allocation and risk losing everything if they default on those promises.

If I had to describe it in leyman terms, Nvidia are passing their risk of market volatility over to their AIBs, without passing on the rewards of market volatility by both undercutting AIBs with their FEs and limiting what the AIBs can do with their flagships through driver and silicon chokes. All AIBs, not just EVGA, are screwed over by this process - and it's something that companies like Asus and Gigabyte - who manufacture for both Nvidia and AMD simultaneously - have called out as an Nvidia-exclusive issue.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
Seriously? What did you expect?

This EVGA situation is starting to set in... I've taken stock. Most of my GPU inventory is EVGA. At home, most of my cards are EVGA. This is a serious problem!
I can echo much of what Jay expressed..

That guy is probably among the worst sources for an unbias / unemotional analysis re:EVGA in particular. He is going to lose a big sponsor. All of the really large tech-tube channels lost most of their veracity years ago when they became large money making enterprises. I've also watched newer up and coming ones, which I won't name, become corrupted as they grew.

And it's nothing new, same old story as it has always been. Once the people who run a 'news / review' site needs clicks/views/sponsors to make a living, keep their employees employed, and feed their family their reporting becomes (necessarily) slanted in order to facilitate that, and their data becomes suspect.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Yep. Navi22 and Navi23 are great products and still very relevant architecture given the PS5 and XBSX will be around for a good few years still; They always were more energy-efficient than the Ampere competition and their underwhelming DXR performance is still, to this day, kinda irrelevant because titles that NEED heavy RTX features tend to run like absolute shit even on a 3070.

I think 3080 is the first card I would say can play CP2077 or Control at 1440p60 with raytracing enabled. I know DLSS/FSR can help but IMO they're a crutch and they both still look worse in motion than the equivalent, low-resolution native output. Opinion, yes - but I game at 1080p120 native in preference to 4K60 with DLSS by choice every time.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
As valid as that is, the reason for AIB manufacturers over-ordering silicon from Nvidia isn't entirely their own fault, or greed.

Nvidia have this hideously-backhanded "allocation system" whereby AIBs can only get allocation if they jump through hoops and sign pretty unfair contracts that stipulate, effectively, that Nvidia can shit all over them if they don't accept the terrible terms. There have been videos on this in the past covered by various other channels but it's an abusive relationship that Nvidia ties AIBs into. AIBs can't order silicon as needed, they have to promise to buy stuff several months ahead of ordering to earn favour for allocation and risk losing everything if they default on those promises.

If I had to describe it in leyman terms, Nvidia are passing their risk of market volatility over to their AIBs, without passing on the rewards of market volatility by both undercutting AIBs with their FEs and limiting what the AIBs can do with their flagships through driver and silicon chokes. All AIBs, not just EVGA, are screwed over by this process - and it's something that companies like Asus and Gigabyte - who manufacture for both Nvidia and AMD simultaneously - have called out as an Nvidia-exclusive issue.

You're just making is point. Nvidia doesn't make chips, they have to contract them with Samsung or TSMC. Nvidia's clients are the AIB's for the most part (first party sales are very low), they don't have direct contact with retailers, off course the AIB's have to commit to orders so Nvidia can manage their own orders to the fabs.

This is a failure to manage sales and stock on the part of EVGA and just shifting blame to Nvidia seems exaggerated. Nvidia is not blameless, is to big and the big guy will always flex against the smaller ones, but this is BS as it is presented.

You can't ask Nvidia to take back stock, as much as Nvidia can ask Samsung to take back stock of the dies. These are public companies, they have to answer to shareholders. There is a chain and everyone plays it's part.

Stop lying. If you had watched GN's video you would have seen that, at multiple points during the video, he stresses to take the information with a grain of salt as we only have EVGA's perspective for now.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Honestly the defensive comments are funny.
You're just making is point. Nvidia doesn't make chips, they have to contract them with Samsung or TSMC. Nvidia's clients are the AIB's for the most part (first party sales are very low), they don't have direct contact with retailers, off course the AIB's have to commit to orders so Nvidia can manage their own orders to the fabs.

This is a failure to manage sales and stock on the part of EVGA and just shifting blame to Nvidia seems exaggerated. Nvidia is not blameless, is to big and the big guy will always flex against the smaller ones, but this is BS as it is presented.

You can't ask Nvidia to take back stock, as much as Nvidia can ask Samsung to take back stock of the dies. These are public companies, they have to answer to shareholders. There is a chain and everyone plays it's part.
I think the main thing your theory is ignoring is Nvidia sets the terms, where you think the AIB has a say.
That's not the way it looks to be.

Last edited:
say it with me

good day sir
So how many AMD exclusive AIB's have quit in the past 22 years because AMD (ATI back then) is so awful?
The way i see it AIB's are going to AMD to retain atleast some control and margins while Nvidia bleeds them dry.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
say it with me

good day sir
They are nowhere near as desultory as Nvidia though so by default they are the good guys (there are only 2). Well my 6800Xt cost me less than a 3080 and I have more VRAM and longer support for what a GPU is made for, Gaming. Now we will see the real value of Gsync. If you don't think that EVGA will not establish a relationship with AMD you should look up the history of XFX. Do you know why ATI survived long enough to be bought by AMD? Nvidia is the company that juiced the price of the 3090 and then paid Youtube to run a competition on 3090 SLI performance to have the envy be felt with 2 cards that were the price of 2 decent used vehicles (per-pandemic).

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro

Is anyone asking Nvidia to take back stock? And if so, what are the conditions under which this is being asked? If said stock was purchased through a promise of some future development that has since not come to pass, asking this is absolutely not unreasonable. Large scale business deals are rarely this cut-and-dried.

And, crucially, you're entirely ignoring the power dynamics in play here. Nvidia is the only company involved in these transactions with the economic power to hold any kind of buffer stock of products - AIB partners don't have the scale or margins to do so, which also makes it unreasonable for Nvidia to push that responsibility onto them. If one wants fair business practices, it is then entirely reasonable for Nvidia to bear the burden of holding such stock and setting up a system for dynamically allocating stock to AIB partners as needed. Such deals can still include long-term purchase agreements, they just need some built-in flexibility. Nvidia's deals with chip fab owners are an excellent example of this: Nvidia agrees to buy a certain amount of wafers over a certain time period - with some flexibility, but not a lot. But crucially, they have a lot of freedom in deciding on the fly what those wafers will be made into, despite this being far from trivial to implement in practice. What we're seeing inklings of here is Nvidia not giving the same type of flexibility to their downstream partners as they themselves enjoy from their upstream partners - instead passing the buck downwards to (strongly implied: replaceable) "partners" who are thus forced to bear the burden of risk rather than the much more financially stable Nvidia.

The core point here being: you're arguing from an explicitly naïve perspective that seems utterly blind to power and its implications and consequences - a blindness that's endemic to people espousing the virtues of "free markets", and the same blindness that renders these people fundamentally unable to see why said markets aren't free at all. Ignoring power relations in business doesn't get you closer to any kind of truth or justice or freedom, it just makes you blind to the realities of the world, and thus makes your analyses of how the world works deeply flawed.

The facts of the matter are these: without Nvidia, AIB partners have no GPUs to sell, and without Nvidia, Samsung has real trouble selling all their wafers (or at least has to take the increased cost of managing hundreds of smaller scale customers rather than one major one, if they are able to sell them and don't have to scale back production). Nvidia doesn't have all the power - they're still reliant on both chip supply, other components, and AIB partners for selling their products - but they have significant advantages in both relations (when the chip supplier is TSMC you could argue that they're pretty evenly matched on that side, as TSMC has no trouble selling every wafer they can make, unlike Samsung). And, crucially, Nvidia is widely documented to use this power for all it's worth, having no scruples about going into outright anticompetitive practices if they see the opportunity to gain from this. This isn't saying that AMD would necessarily be better if the tables were turned, but we literally can't know that, so such speculation is nothing more than meaningless equivocation - the fact of the matter is, Nvidia is a market juggernaut that loves to throw their weight around at the cost of their business "partners" for the sole purpose of enriching themselves and their shareholders.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
Honestly the defensive comments are funny.

I think the main thing your theory is ignoring is Nvidia sets the terms, where you think the AIB has a say.
That's not the way it looks to be.

does Nvidia sets the terms when it goes to buy fab space on TSMC or Samsung? didn't TSMC just increased the price period.

>Nvidia: I want x wafers, but if i can't sell them i want a discount.
<TMSC: so you don't want wafers, got it.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
does Nvidia sets the terms when it goes to buy fab space on TSMC or Samsung? didn't TSMC just increased the price period.

Given that TSMC is pretty much the only Nvidia partner that has any kind of comparable market power in their industry, using this as an example representative of anything else is ... well, rather specious as an argument. And, crucially, TSMC doesn't have a reputation for being hard-line, bad-faith negotiators - unlike Nvidia. The negotiations would likely be a lot more complex than that.

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO (WiFi 6)
Cooling Noctua NH-C14S (two fans)
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Reference Vega 64
Storage Intel 665p 1TB, WD Black SN850X 2TB, Crucial MX300 1TB SATA, Samsung 830 256 GB SATA
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG27, and Samsung S23A700
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME TITANIUM 850W
Mouse Logitech
VR HMD Oculus Rift
Software Windows 11 Pro, and Ubuntu 20.04

I think you don't understand that Samsung is not the first choice of leading fab less chip designers. Nvidia chose them because they were cheap and had sufficient capacity, not because they are in the same league as TSMC. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that Nvidia has a different relationship with Samsung than the one they have with TSMC. Samsung needs Nvidia to provide the volume for the nodes that are suitable for high power GPUs, but TSMC doesn't care if Nvidia uses them or not.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Is anyone asking Nvidia to take back stock? And if so, what are the conditions under which this is being asked? If said stock was purchased through a promise of some future development that has since not come to pass, asking this is absolutely not unreasonable. Large scale business deals are rarely this cut-and-dried.

And, crucially, you're entirely ignoring the power dynamics in play here. Nvidia is the only company involved in these transactions with the economic power to hold any kind of buffer stock of products - AIB partners don't have the scale or margins to do so, which also makes it unreasonable for Nvidia to push that responsibility onto them. If one wants fair business practices, it is then entirely reasonable for Nvidia to bear the burden of holding such stock and setting up a system for dynamically allocating stock to AIB partners as needed. Such deals can still include long-term purchase agreements, they just need some built-in flexibility. Nvidia's deals with chip fab owners are an excellent example of this: Nvidia agrees to buy a certain amount of wafers over a certain time period - with some flexibility, but not a lot. But crucially, they have a lot of freedom in deciding on the fly what those wafers will be made into, despite this being far from trivial to implement in practice. What we're seeing inklings of here is Nvidia not giving the same type of flexibility to their downstream partners as they themselves enjoy from their upstream partners - instead passing the buck downwards to (strongly implied: replaceable) "partners" who are thus forced to bear the burden of risk rather than the much more financially stable Nvidia.

The core point here being: you're arguing from an explicitly naïve perspective that seems utterly blind to power and its implications and consequences - a blindness that's endemic to people espousing the virtues of "free markets", and the same blindness that renders these people fundamentally unable to see why said markets aren't free at all. Ignoring power relations in business doesn't get you closer to any kind of truth or justice or freedom, it just makes you blind to the realities of the world, and thus makes your analyses of how the world works deeply flawed.

The facts of the matter are these: without Nvidia, AIB partners have no GPUs to sell, and without Nvidia, Samsung has real trouble selling all their wafers (or at least has to take the increased cost of managing hundreds of smaller scale customers rather than one major one, if they are able to sell them and don't have to scale back production). Nvidia doesn't have all the power - they're still reliant on both chip supply, other components, and AIB partners for selling their products - but they have significant advantages in both relations (when the chip supplier is TSMC you could argue that they're pretty evenly matched on that side, as TSMC has no trouble selling every wafer they can make, unlike Samsung). And, crucially, Nvidia is widely documented to use this power for all it's worth, having no scruples about going into outright anticompetitive practices if they see the opportunity to gain from this. This isn't saying that AMD would necessarily be better if the tables were turned, but we literally can't know that, so such speculation is nothing more than meaningless equivocation - the fact of the matter is, Nvidia is a market juggernaut that loves to throw their weight around at the cost of their business "partners" for the sole purpose of enriching themselves and their shareholders.
EVGA are/were poised to be the most exposed to the GPU crash as unlike the other brands they have a limited product stack. All of the other vendors have diversified their portfolio to include Monitors, Keyboards, Mice, Cases, Storage, PSU, MB and GPUs. Someone has to be left to pay for the premium that any GPU that was sourced in 2021 still holds. They would like it to be the consumer but who wants to pay 500+ Canadian for a 3060Ti /6700Xt. Even the 6600/3060 at 349 is still too expensive.