• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Turtle Beach Announces Fuel Compact VR Charging Station for Meta Quest 2

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Leading gaming headset and accessories maker Turtle Beach Corporation today unveiled a new charging system that delivers reliable power and provides convenient storage for Meta Quest virtual reality (VR) fans. The Turtle Beach Fuel Compact VR Charging Station for Meta Quest 2 ensures that gamers' devices are fully charged and ready for hours of use. The Fuel Compact VR Charging Station provides power and storage for both the Meta Quest 2 headset and its controllers. Two 20-hour battery packs for the controllers ensure VR gamers never miss a beat, while the magnetic charging system keeps the headset and controllers in-place, charged up, and ready for deep and immersive VR gaming. The Fuel Compact VR Charging Station for Meta Quest 2 is available for pre-order from participating retailers for $79.99 (£69.99/€79.99) MSRP and launches November 21, 2022.

"We continue to grow our best-selling Turtle Beach brand beyond gaming headsets. This year, we've expanded our top-rated game controllers and simulation product families with groundbreaking and innovative new products, and now we're entering the VR category with our Fuel VR charging station," said Juergen Stark, Chairman and CEO, Turtle Beach Corporation. "Not only does the Fuel VR keep gamers' Meta Quest 2 gear powered-up and ready to use, but it also looks modern and sleek and provides an organized, space-saving solution perfect for storing everything when you're back in the real world."

The complete list of features for Turtle Beach's Fuel Compact VR Charging Station for Meta Quest 2 includes:
  • Rechargeable Controller Battery Packs: Dual battery packs deliver 20-hours of battery life per pack and eliminate the need for environmentally harmful disposable batteries.
  • Simple Magnetic Charging: Slotted battery door covers on the controllers and a USB-C to magnetic pin dongle for the headset make for easy magnetic charging in just 2.5 hours.
  • Complete, Compact Design: Charge your entire Meta Quest 2 VR setup all at once while taking up minimal space on your desktop or gaming setup thanks to a compact design.
  • Convenient LED Dashboard: Always know when your Meta Quest 2 is ready to use with clear battery indicators on the charging station, with an amber color indicating charge in progress and green indicating 100% charge.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

ixi

G-GG-Garbage. In half an year this product will be EOL.

System Name What the Sigma
Processor i7 7700
Motherboard Gigabyte H170-HD3
Cooling LGA1151 Noctua NH-U12P
Memory 32GB Kingston DDR4 3600 CL15
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Vision OC RTX 3080ti 12GB
Storage 2GB Lexar Gen3 NVME / 1x 120GB Intel 520 / and some spinny bois
Display(s) 3x DELL S2721DGF
Case Antec P182
Power Supply Corsair 750w
VR HMD Oculus Quest 3
Software Windows 10
I would like this product better if it addressed the limited milliamp hours while playing a quest 2.

I have a QC3.0 UPS capable battery bank (held in my pocket while i'm in VR) which runs to a magnetic pin elbow USBC on the headset that essentially extends the headset capacity and offers relatively equal recharging convenience, and it cost nothing close to what this dock is priced at. For the controllers - standard disposable AA's get a few months of average use.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Thought it looked like cat litterbox at first.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
No-name Chinese variants of this have been all over Amazon/Aliexpress/Ebay for about 2 years now.

Man, what's happened to Turtle Beach that they're reduced to selling generic charging cradles? At least when their focus was on headsets and soundcards they had a corporate identity, now they're just joining the mass of <randomly-generated company name> accessory for <popular tech product> on the flea-markets.