• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Jelly Key Launches New Dragons of Eden Artisan Keycaps Group Buy

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
For those unfamiliar with Jelly Key, I highly encourage going through our previous coverage of the Vietnamese artisan's works wherein we've seen several different examples of highly detailed themes which get put to life on your keyboard courtesy artisan keycaps that use a resin pour over a layer-by-layer assembly incorporating individually molded tiny pieces. In particular, a little over an year ago saw the previous Dragons of Eden theme being covered and this week marks the latest group buy from Jelly Key that further builds upon this with finer detail and an expanded "Eden Effect" that makes the resin background feel like it is part of the scene itself.

Jelly Key had sent over a prototype keycap but it arrived just before the group buy started to where I was unable to do my usual quick look style article on it. Instead, I figured those interested in the Dragons theme that were not able to pick one up last time should know now is the time to do so. The Dragons of Eden: the Rise of Supreme Power artisan keycaps from Jelly Key are currently available under the group buy option that ends 22nd December 2022, with no further sales planned. The keycaps are available in five designs, two keycap profiles including a brand new Jelly Key "Droplet" profile that looks amazing for these artisanal works, and ten sizes. These cost $58-100 each and, as seen on the group buy page, there are further discounts and free shipping for those buying multiple keycaps. Read past the break for photos of my prototype keycap.

The provided keycap is in the 2.75u size, SA profile, and the "Lodsmok" design—it's stunning if I say so myself:

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Would be nice if TPU members got a discount since you are basically advertising for them. I want the Etoirir spacebar, but I am not dropping $82 on a single keycap, lol

Low quality post by bonehead123
Over here, right where you can't see me !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
barf...

y/A/w/N....

yuk....

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer that my keyboard looks like, you know, a KEYBOARD, not some k.p.-inspired, rainbow circus clown-ish clusterf*k'd toy :D

• Haha
Reactions: ixi

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Would be nice if TPU members got a discount since you are basically advertising for them. I want the Etoirir spacebar, but I am not dropping $82 on a single keycap, lol
Let's see if they read the comments and decide to do something about this :)

@bonehead123 you never seem to like anything, so why do you even bother to comment? Every single reply I've seen from you is more childish than the supposed product you are trying to claim is.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
So they paint all the dragons by hand with a tiny paint brush? Gah, my peepers and head hurt just thinking about trying to do that! (I'm visually impaired)

Pretty keycaps :love:

Reactions: VSG
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
So they paint all the dragons by hand with a tiny paint brush? Gah, my peepers and head hurt just thinking about trying to do that! (I'm visually impaired)

doubtful its all by hand, 3d printed is my guess.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Individually molded/cast, hand painted and assembled.
Has to be a reallly huge workforce to produce in bulk.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
actually it looks nice but i prefer artisan for something like for esc or F button since their thickness sometimes different than the other

Reactions: VSG

jellykey

Jelly Key Rep
Today i have just read your comment and it is late, the groupbuy was closed. But next time I will give a discount code for Tpu :love:

No. It is silicon moulding per dragon part whit a multi-colour layer and then small handpainted detail for a shadow effect. I wrote them at “how we made them” on our site. Please don’t tell them wrong; it will make people lousy understand. Thank you.

its not in bulk, thats why it costs a hundred fucking dollars for a single spacebar lol
It takes a long time per keycap. If I have more free time, I will take some videos when we are working with casting and processing... I hope you will love it.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
It takes a long time per keycap. If I have more free time, I will take some videos when we are working with casting and processing... I hope you will love it.
Thanks for joining us!