• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Shows Off its First Gaming Grade WiFi 7 Routers

System Name PLAHI
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling 120 AIO
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) PNY QUADRO RTX A2000
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) Philips 288E2A 28" 4K + 22" LG 1080p
Case SilverStone Raven RV03
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z OEM
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
Because idiots. This router is a no-go because of this lacking functionality.
Old twisted pairs connection doesn't work for faster speeds, and the internet providers require direct optic fibre to the client.
We don't even mention the large advantages of passive networks over optic fibres.

Don't buy it. Problem fixed.
Is there any routers with a dedicated fiber optic port? Can you name some? My ISP provides some cheap Chinese one and if I can replace it, it will be great :)

Is it supposed to look like this (the port):

Optic_router.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any routers with a dedicated fiber optic port? Can you name some? My ISP provides some cheap Chinese one and if I can replace it, it will be great :)

Is it supposed to look like this (the port):

View attachment 278553
Yes this is ordinary EPON device. I have similar from around 3 years.

Attachments

• IMG20230111091500.jpg
    IMG20230111091500.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 33
If it costs so much money why doesn't it include a fiber port.
Ask Asus for reasons. In many countries isn't available optic to home lines. In most countries where this is available this option in fact, it is not very widespread territorially.

D

Deleted member 185088

Ask Asus for reasons. In many countries isn't available optic to home lines. In most countries where this is available this option in fact, it is not very widespread territorially.
This a high end niche product sold in rich countries with good internet infrastructure (excluding the US), it should have all the features. The ones you get from ISP are better, you get a whole system with router, multimedia box for TV and USB.
This is a joke, it does only one tiny job for huge amount of money.

This a high end niche product sold in rich countries with good internet infrastructure (excluding the US), it should have all the features. The ones you get from ISP are better, you get a whole system with router, multimedia box for TV and USB.
This is a joke, it does only one tiny job for huge amount of money.
You are free to invest in inventing and manufacturing a router with a variety of functionalities according to your personal desire. Do it. :)

6G will win. :)

Cables has not chance.
For gaming? Nah. The old cable is reliable as fk. Cheaper, basically with zero latency and zero interference.
Why bother to have 9.6 Gbps on your rig x router, to just hit 600Mb on your IPS modem? Cable is the goat