• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Entry-level A620 Chipset Nears Launch, Promises Motherboards Starting at $125

System Name The Phantom in the Black Tower
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X570 Pro4 AM4
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism, 5 x Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm
Memory 64GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3600 CL18 (4×16GB)
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC 24GB
Storage WDS500G3X0E (OS), WDS100T2B0C, TM8FP6002T0C101 (x2) and ~40TB of total HDD space
Display(s) Haier 55E5500U 55" 2160p60Hz
Case Ultra U12-40670 Super Tower
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z200
Power Supply EVGA 1000 G2 Supernova 1kW 80+Gold-Certified
Mouse Logitech MK320
Keyboard Logitech MK320
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Professional
Benchmark Scores Fire Strike Ultra: 19484 Time Spy Extreme: 11006 Port Royal: 16545 SuperPosition 4K Optimised: 23439
This is what most consumers, even so-called technology enthusiasts, fail to understand: the thing that makes the difference is the fact is that an SSD is a NAND device, not the interface said SSD communicates via. And NAND's advantage is latency, not bandwidth, so coupling it to higher-bandwidth interfaces... really doesn't make that much of a difference, except in scenarios that are bandwidth-limited... which is very few, mostly non-game ones.
Agreed. This is especially true considering just how short a life that PCI-e4 had. I'd never seen a PCI-e standard come and go so fast in my life and my first video card was an 8-bit ATi EGA Wonder on a BioStar Baby-AT ISA motherboard.
The reason for this of course is that a game isn't comprised of a single huge resource that needs to be loaded (which would be bandwidth-intensive), but of very many small ones - so small and so numerous that they end up saturating the SSD controller's queue depth rather than its bandwidth. DirectStorage was supposed to help with this by bundling those resources together into one big file that your GPU knows how to split out into the smaller ones it needs, thus moving the performance requirement to bandwidth over latency... but it's still AWOL on PCs as far as I can see.
The only reason that I can think of as to why we haven't seen it yet is that the performance delta is possibly not large enough to be worthwhile.
ASRock has traditionally been seen as few tiers lower than the other names you mentioned,
This is where you lost me. I don't know to whom you refer because "traditionally", ASRock has always been compared to ASUS, Gigabyte and MSi and that has been true for at least 16 years. I've been building PCs since 1988 and your post is the first time that I've ever seen or heard someone say that ASRock is a "low-tier" brand. As a matter of fact, the ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA is one of the most innovative motherboards that I've ever seen, if not the most innovative (AGP or PCI-Express and DDR or DDR2 support). It lasted a VERY long time because I was able to upgrade my video card and RAM separately. Both of my AM4 motherboards have been ASRock with my X370 Killer SLI and my X570 Pro4, both of which have been absolutely rock-solid, just like the old 4CoreDual-VSTA.

Now that I think about it, I've never heard of there being more than two tiers of motherboard brands, let alone several tiers that would be required for ASRock to be "a few tiers lower" than ASUS, Gigabyte and MSi. In my experience, the theoretical "brand-tiers" of motherboards have always looked like this:

Tier 1 - ASRock, ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSi, SuperMicro and XFX
Tier 2 - Biostar, ECS/Elitegroup, Foxconn, Jetway and SOYO

Tier 1 manufacturers don't just make motherboards for standard desktop and laptop products. They also make boards for HEDT and severs. ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSi and SuperMicro all make Threadripper and EPYC boards. AMD wouldn't trust such products to just anyone so again, I don't see how ASRock is "a few tiers lower' than ASUS, Gigabyte or MSi.

Perhaps you could explain what you mean because I have no idea to what you refer.
with its products priced accordingly.
That doesn't seem to hold water either, at least not when compared to Gigabyte because the most expensive X670 board from Gigabyte is the AORUS X670E Master which matches the price of ASRock's most expensive X670 board, the X670E Taichi with both costing US$500 at Newegg. That would indicate that their pricing is in line with Gigabyte at the high-end.

Now, sure, ASUS and MSi do have halo motherboards with the Crosshair and Godlike respectively which I suppose could make them as brands, a higher tier than ASRock and Gigabyte but again, that makes ASRock equal to Gigabyte, not "a few tiers" below it. I personally don't see MSi as a great name because I had an MSi flagship board years ago, a very expensive K9A2 Platinum and it failed after about 1½ years of normal use (no overclocking and no more than two video cards in its four slots). To date, it's the only board that has EVER failed on me and ironically, the cheap ECS/Elitegroup board with which I replaced it STILL WORKS. Therefore, I consider MSi to be crap because if an "off-brand" ECS/Elitegroup motherboard has lasted for 15 years while the flagship K9A2 Platinum lasted for less than 6 months past its warranty period, I find it impossible to consider MSi as a brand that I want to buy, ever. When I purchase a flagship-grade motherboard, I expect it to be durable and long-lasting. The MSi K9A2 Platinum was neither while every other motherboard that I've ever owned has been flawless.

Thus, I must agree to disagree as the evidence that I could find backs my experience that even if there are two "tiers" of big-name motherboards (something I don't agree with in the first place), then ASRock would be at least at the same level as Gigabyte. If you want to stipulate that the Crosshair and Godlike put ASUS and MSi, respectively, into a higher tier with SuperMicro, then sure, that's as good a reason as any I suppose. However, I would take an ASRock over an MSi or ASUS any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Gigabyte might be another story because my 990FX motherboard is a Gigabyte and it has been phenomenal.

At the end of the day, I just want my motherboard to function as intended and to outlast the CPU that sits on it. After all, the impact that motherboards make on PC performance is so slight that I would refer to said impact as essentially abstract.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
Lotta ASRock hate in this thread.

I'll just say, every new chip generation and certainly between AMD and Intel, what's good what's ok and what's bad changes a bit.

A great example of this is Gigabyte. On LGA1700/Intel they are known to have buggy BIOS', many complaints from enthusiasts especially about things like DDR5 compatibility. On AM5, they seem to have really good reviews. In fact, many point to the Gigabyte Elite AX as being best bang for the buck.

It's just something to be aware of, old narratives may not fit new platforms. From what I can tell, ASRock is an ok product on AM5.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
A 32 GB kit of DDR5-4800 RAM costs £119.99.
A 32 GB kit of DDR5-5600 RAM costs £139.99 (currently discounted from £155.99).
A 32 GB kit of DDR4-3200 RAM costs £85.
(all Corsair Vengeance LPX at Scan UK)

Zen 4 doesn't scale as well with memory speed as previous generations did, and if you're saving on an A620 motherboard, and a non-X CPU, you might as well spend the extra couple of quid on a DDR5 kit that will serve you for years to come. Sure, Intel with DDR4 is cheaper, but is not upgradeable in the future. Just my 2 cents.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Yes and tech press had done everything possible to make 290X look problematic in their reviews. And while having the strongest model in the market is a huge marketing card, AMD ALWAYS HAD BETTER options in lower prices points than Nvidia. But there was always an excuse for many people to buy/promote the more expensive Nvidia model and trash AMD's options.
The tech press loved the 290x, it received many commendations for its performance and was dinged for its terrible cooler and heavy power draw.
I don't care anymore about excuses other throw. And you have thrown so many here. I mean, in 20 years we can find one example here of unoptimised driver, one example for a driver problem there, one example for a product that didn't perform well, one example of something else and just generalize that this is something normal for ALL AMD's products in all it's history.
That's a pretty narrow view of history. Its not one example of one bad driver, AMD's history int he late 2000s to mid 2010s was dreadful. Remember the black screen bugs? How about frame pacing issues? The GCN memory controller bug? Fan controller bugs resulting inf ans being stuck at 100%? All of these were major issues for years until the tech press called out AMD for them.

When you need the media to fix your drivers, you end up with a sour reputation.
Then we can forget Nvidia graphics cards dying, Nvidia cards overheating, Nvidia cheating in drivers, Nvidia paying developers to screw up a game to run worst on the competition, Nvidia paying developers to cancel an update that supports a feature of the competition, Nvidia locking features when their card is not the primary card, forget Nvidia's own driver problems and probably now swallow it's pricing policy by calling it "AMD's fault".
This is what we call "whataboutism". When your response to AMD doing bad things is "well well well what about nvidia" you are not only acknoledging that AMD does these things; you are voicing apporival for these actions as you dont find them worthy of admission. It's an awful comeback that gets brought up any time AMD's flaws are called out because apparently criticizing AMD means you think nvidia is perfect. :roll:
Never. Don't worry. Never. But while I was creaming about RT performance when RX 7900XT/X came out, even called an Nvidia shill, I have to say that it is funny calling "terrible RT performance" what was "great RT performance" just 6 months ago. Because 7900XTX does perform on par with 3080/Ti if I am not mistaken, in RT.
Releasing a new generation that is only competitive with what the competition was selling 2 years ago is not impressive. And the RTX 3000 series was far from impressive, their reviews are full of people commenting how RT still isnt ready for prime time.

System Name 3 desktop systems: Gaming / Internet / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Cooling Νoctua U12S / Segotep T4 / Snowman M-T6
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, ONLY NVMes/ NVMes, SATA Storage / NVMe boot(Clover), SATA storage
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Case Sharkoon Rebel 12 / CoolerMaster Elite 361 / Xigmatek Midguard
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Chieftec 850W / Silver Power 400W / Sharkoon 650W
Mouse CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / CoolerMaster Devastator / Logitech
Keyboard CoolerMaster Devastator III Plus / CoolerMaster Devastator / Logitech
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10&Windows 11 / Windows 10
Oh you are pure fun.
The tech press loved the 290x, it received many commendations for its performance and was dinged for its terrible cooler and heavy power draw.
Many major channel focused their attention on the negatives of the card, negatives that had nothing to do with performance. On the other hand we see all those years that performance is the main parameter when Nvidia or Intel products have the same disadvantages as 290/X reference cards.

That's a pretty narrow view of history. Its not one example of one bad driver, AMD's history int he late 2000s to mid 2010s was dreadful. Remember the black screen bugs? How about frame pacing issues? The GCN memory controller bug? Fan controller bugs resulting inf ans being stuck at 100%? All of these were major issues for years until the tech press called out AMD for them.

When you need the media to fix your drivers, you end up with a sour reputation.
Other than the frame passing issues of CrossFire that where fixed, you are just blowing out of proportions all other examples. Just read what you wrote. In your mind they are major issues. In reality, this kind of issues are happening here and there with any hardware from any firm.

And yes, you need users and the press to highlight an issue. That's common for any hardware or software out there. If we where talking about cars, you would be arguing that AMD cars are bad because they need 4 wheels!
This is what we call "whataboutism". When your response to AMD doing bad things is "well well well what about nvidia" you are not only acknoledging that AMD does these things; you are voicing apporival for these actions as you dont find them worthy of admission. It's an awful comeback that gets brought up any time AMD's flaws are called out because apparently criticizing AMD means you think nvidia is perfect. :roll:
And here you try to deflect those examples because the examples I mentioning are major issues. Cards dying and Nvidia's fix being running the cooler at higher speeds to help the hardware to at least survive the warranty period is not something insignificant. Punishing your own customers for having the nerve to use a competing card as primary, that's not something to ignore. What do you do here? Rushing to point the finger at me, accusing me for what YOU are doing here. Bravo. But it only works on 5 years old kids. And it only makes YOU look bad. Not me. I am not hiding. You are here.
Releasing a new generation that is only competitive with what the competition was selling 2 years ago is not impressive. And the RTX 3000 series was far from impressive, their reviews are full of people commenting how RT still isnt ready for prime time.
Yeah, distorting reality. That's common reply. But usually I see this kind of low quality responds from random trolls at Disqus. Rarely on TPU.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
I had a 9600 XT, an X800 XT and then went through the entire GCN 1 lineup (7770, 7870 then 7970 GHz edition) when my brother had a 6750, and we didn't have any of those issues... or any issue in fact.

I only had two GeForce cards in the era you described: the 7800 GS AGP which was a loud, slow, overheating piece of shit, and a 9600 GT which was okay thanks to the oversized Galaxy cooler on it.

You may discard it as anecdotal evidence, but the only AMD card I ever had problems with was the 5700 XT.

Processor Ryzen 5 5500 / Ryzen 5 4600G / FX 6300 (12 years latter got to see how bad Bulldozer is)
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (1) / MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max (2) / Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
Memory 16GB G.Skill RIPJAWS 3600 / 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200 / 16GB Kingston 2400MHz (DDR3)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6600 + GT 710 (PhysX)/ Vega 7 integrated / Radeon RX 580
Storage NVMes, ONLY NVMes/ NVMes, SATA Storage / NVMe boot(Clover), SATA storage
Display(s) Philips 43PUS8857/12 UHD TV (120Hz, HDR, FreeSync Premium) ---- 19'' HP monitor + BlitzWolf BW-V5
Audio Device(s) onboard
a 9600 GT which was okay

9600GT was one of my favorite cards of all time. Probably one of the best value cards ever produced. But unfortunately back then we had Nvidia's bumpgate, with 8000 and 9000 series dying after a period of time. Putting a graphics card with potatoes and olive oil in the over was very much a thing back then.
But I have to say the whole Nvidia fiasco did gave me the opportunity to buy a "refurbished" 9800 GX2 and play with it a couple of weeks, before it died again, as expected, something that gave me the option to return it back to shop and take back my money. So, free benchmarking with a hi end card that I wasn't going to buy new in any case.

Storage WDS500G3X0E (OS), WDS100T2B0C, TM8FP6002T0C101 (x2) and ~40TB of total HDD space
Mouse Logitech MK320
Keyboard Logitech MK320
VR HMD None
Benchmark Scores Fire Strike Ultra: 19484 Time Spy Extreme: 11006 Port Royal: 16545 SuperPosition 4K Optimised: 23439
Let's then blame the bankers and their wars.
Well, they ARE the reason for it so, I'm totally on board with you there! :clap:

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
the only AMD card I ever had problems with was the 5700 XT.
[OT]
What was your issue with the 5700XT, out of curiosity? I've owned dozens and used both a reference XT and Sapphire non-XT in a personal rig - both were great, stable, fast cards with no driver problems in games for anything I played - but I could never get the audio over HDMI to work without occasionally cutting out, on two different TVs and also going direct to a Yamaha HDMI receiver.

It was never a deal-breaker - I just didn't use audio over HDMI, but it was an oddity that seemed specific to that generation and not the Polaris/Vega cards before it.

Software Windows 10 Pro
[OT]
What was your issue with the 5700XT, out of curiosity? I've owned dozens and used both a reference XT and Sapphire non-XT in a personal rig - both were great, stable, fast cards with no driver problems in games for anything I played - but I could never get the audio over HDMI to work without occasionally cutting out, on two different TVs and also going direct to a Yamaha HDMI receiver.

It was never a deal-breaker - I just didn't use audio over HDMI, but it was an oddity that seemed specific to that generation and not the Polaris/Vega cards before it.
1. Occasional driver timeout errors and game crashes.
2. Too much heat on the GPU hotspot, VRM and VRAM chips - this was a design flaw of the Asus Strix cooler, not AMD's fault.

These weren't deal breaker issues, either, just a bit annoying. I ended up doing the washer mod which helped me with hotspot temps, but nothing much else.

Probably the best thing about my 5700 XT was that I bought it before the crypto boom, and sold it for more than 1.5x the original price a couple months later. :)

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Probably the best thing about my 5700 XT was that I bought it before the crypto boom, and sold it for more than 1.5x the original price a couple months later. :)
Ah yes. I saw the boom coming - well, more technically I saw the early onset of severe GPU shortages at the import level a couple of months climbing very early and ordered a pallet of sapphire vanilla 5700 cards with my own money at about $240/card ex VAT as both an investment and backup plan in case UK stocks ran out because we were using them for work builds still.

I mined 14 ETH on 24 of them over the course of 18 months, and then sold them all in early 2022 when the energy prices started getting hit by the invasion of Ukraine. Sadly I sold them for about £300 each on average which was nothing compared to the £1000 I got for a couple at the height of the GPU shortage/ETH boom but they were making me enough money that it wasn't worth selling them then, even at stupid profit per card.

I really hate Proof of Work crypto. Its boom/bust volatile nature is terrible for the GPU industry, it's terrible for gamers trying to get GPUs, and it's terrible for the environment. I offset most of my environmental damage due to the nature of my electric heatpump central heating, but for the really hot days in the summer I was dumping lots of waste heat outside because hot water use alone only had the compressor running around 8 hours every 24. For the two winters I was at least reclaiming all the mining waste heat and still needed to top up with the immersion heater sometimes.

Software Windows 10 Pro
Ah yes. I saw the boom coming - well, more technically I saw the early onset of severe GPU shortages at the import level a couple of months climbing very early and ordered a pallet of sapphire vanilla 5700 cards with my own money at about $240/card ex VAT as both an investment and backup plan in case UK stocks ran out because we were using them for work builds still.

I mined 14 ETH on 24 of them over the course of 18 months, and then sold them all in early 2022 when the energy prices started getting hit by the invasion of Ukraine. Sadly I sold them for about £300 each on average which was nothing compared to the £1000 I got for a couple at the height of the GPU shortage/ETH boom but they were making me enough money that it wasn't worth selling them then, even at stupid profit per card.

I really hate Proof of Work crypto. Its boom/bust volatile nature is terrible for the GPU industry, it's terrible for gamers trying to get GPUs, and it's terrible for the environment. I offset most of my environmental damage due to the nature of my electric heatpump central heating, but for the really hot days in the summer I was dumping lots of waste heat outside because hot water use alone only had the compressor running around 8 hours every 24. For the two winters I was at least reclaiming all the mining waste heat and still needed to top up with the immersion heater sometimes.
A pallet worth of cards? Wow!

As for me, I never expected the crypto boom. I bought the card for my own use, and wanted to keep it long term. But due to the crypto boom, and the aforementioned issues, I decided to sell it anyway.

As for PoW crypto, I agree - it's an enemy of gamers, an enemy of the planet, and the biggest scam in history. A total disgrace of humanity. It should have never existed, imo.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
A pallet worth of cards? Wow!
It was an informed investment gamble. I tried to buy a pallet in advance at work to ensure we wouldn't run out, because finding them was getting hard and the distributors were giving me looooonnnnnng lead times on restock. Work refused the capital funding as it's about 8-months of GPU for us in one hit - so I did it myself and sold 50 of them to my employer in the end, half a dozen on ebay to cover import duties and VAT on the pallet, and then used the rest for free, effectively.

I don't think I'd do it again, the tax paperwork and office admin involved with buying from individuals rather than VAT-registered distributors was a PITA. I made plenty of money but it was a ton of hassle and I'm going to be back on the horrendous self-assessment tax returns again for another three years, which I honestly CBF to deal with so I'm just going to throw money at an accountant until 2024.

Mouse Logitech MK320
Keyboard Logitech MK320
VR HMD None
[OT]

Oh I had some fun with my RX 5700 XT and I can tell you exactly what happened. I bought an XFX RX 5700 XT Triple-Dissipation and it would cause low-level system reset crashes. Now, I knew that this isn't something that drivers can cause and assumed it was a power distribution problem.

I sent it off for RMA and XFX sent me back an upper model, a THICC-III. I was pleasantly surprised and also glad that my case could hold it (over 1' long!) but it started having VRAM errors almost immediately and I had to RMA that one as well. The THICC-III that I got back had no issues and still doesn't. One thing that I did notice though was that while the THICC-III had three PCI-Express supplementary power connectors, the Triple Dissipation only had an 8 and a 6. I have a feeling that 8+6 wasn't enough and it needed 8+8.

Processor Intel i7 13900K
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming
Cooling Arctic Freezer II 360
Memory 32 Gb Kingston Fury Renegade 6400 C32
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080 XLR8 OC
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO + 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus + 2 TB Samsung 870
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A + Samsung C24RG50
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Power Supply EVGA G6 850W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
Benchmark Scores 3dMark TimeSpy - 26698 Cinebench R23 2258/40751
There, I am an example of an AMD supporter being worst than an Apple one. And what the hell do I want? That ridiculous dream of a 50%-50% market in GPUs and CPUs (with a little luck we could be hoping for a 33%-33%-33% in the GPU market in a few years) and people buying the best option, not the shiniest logo.
another good example of the reality distortion field around AMD supporters: they think AMD is different.
Reality check: no they aren’t. AMD is exactly the same as Intel and Nvidia

Audio Device(s) onboard
another good example of the reality distortion field around AMD supporters: they think AMD is different.
Reality check: no they aren’t. AMD is exactly the same as Intel and Nvidia

So you have examples I guess.

Waiting for your examples.

Mouse Razer Basilisk
So you have examples I guess.

Waiting for your examples.
`just the last one: 7900XT vs 7900XTX.
Nothing different from the "RTX 4080 12 GB" joke by Nvidia.

Not to speak about Zen 3 and Zen 4 pricing... even more hilarious than Intel's
I could go on for hours...

Audio Device(s) onboard
`just the last one: 7900XT vs 7900XTX.
Nothing different from the "RTX 4080 12 GB" joke by Nvidia.

Not to speak about Zen 3 and Zen 4 pricing... even more hilarious than Intel's
I could go on for hours...

So, you do NOT have examples.

I mean, what are your examples here? AMD following the leaders in the market to avoid a price war that can not sustain? That's your example? Congrats.

That's NOT an example.

If you are having problems with pricing, you should address them to
- Intel and Nvidia who dictate pricing. Nvidia controls 90% of the market, Intel controls 60% of the market while also having it's own fabs
- to yourself and everyone else who wish AMD to drop prices so you can go and buy cheaper Intel and Nvidia stuff. You and Nvidia together put that $1600 price tag on the RTX 1600. you with that mentality. So, in the end, you will go and buy the RTX 4080 12 GB at $800 saying
"But it is not the RTX 4080 12GB, it's the RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB and our beloved CEO even dropped the price by $100. The more we buy, the more we save".

Oh please. If you have any real arguments, here I am. If you don't, well, it's not going to be a surprise.

Mouse Razer Basilisk
So, you do NOT have examples.

I mean, what are your examples here? AMD following the leaders in the market to avoid a price war that can not sustain? That's your example? Congrats.

That's NOT an example.

If you are having problems with pricing, you should address them to
- Intel and Nvidia who dictate pricing. Nvidia controls 90% of the market, Intel controls 60% of the market while also having it's own fabs
- to yourself and everyone else who wish AMD to drop prices so you can go and buy cheaper Intel and Nvidia stuff. You and Nvidia together put that $1600 price tag on the RTX 1600. you with that mentality. So, in the end, you will go and buy the RTX 4080 12 GB at $800 saying
"But it is not the RTX 4080 12GB, it's the RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB and our beloved CEO even dropped the price by $100. The more we buy, the more we save".

Oh please. If you have any real arguments, here I am. If you don't, well, it's not going to be a surprise.
Another reality distortion field by AMD supporters… I was expecting nothing different.
It is ALWAYS someone else fault for AMD misbehavior.

Audio Device(s) onboard
Another reality distortion field by AMD supporters… I was expecting nothing different.
It is ALWAYS someone else fault for AMD misbehavior.
Would you please just go to WCCTECH to post these nonsense? Anyone looking at the "quality" of your posts knows that you are NOT here to participate in conversations.

Anyway, no reason to suffer your existence here. Just adding you in my ignore list.

PS You are free to declare win. Because that's what I expect as a reply from someone like you.

Oh I had some fun with my RX 5700 XT and I can tell you exactly what happened. I bought an XFX RX 5700 XT Triple-Dissipation and it would cause low-level system reset crashes. Now, I knew that this isn't something that drivers can cause and assumed it was a power distribution problem.

I sent it off for RMA and XFX sent me back an upper model, a THICC-III. I was pleasantly surprised and also glad that my case could hold it (over 1' long!) but it started having VRAM errors almost immediately and I had to RMA that one as well. The THICC-III that I got back had no issues and still doesn't. One thing that I did notice though was that while the THICC-III had three PCI-Express supplementary power connectors, the Triple Dissipation only had an 8 and a 6. I have a feeling that 8+6 wasn't enough and it needed 8+8.
Agreed on the 5700/XT running hot but I knew what I was getting into. IMHO it was AMD cranking it up to its maximum for that performance hit and marketing BS. But I had not issues on Drivers.

I own 2, 5700 and a 5700XT. When I undervolted them the heat issues are gone and the performance stayed pretty much the same. The max heat posted was 78c under Cinebench stress test. and it runs a lot cooler when I play my video games.
AS posted before on this sight on my rig.

Mouse Razer Basilisk
Would you please just go to WCCTECH to post these nonsense? Anyone looking at the "quality" of your posts knows that you are NOT here to participate in conversations.

Anyway, no reason to suffer your existence here. Just adding you in my ignore list.

PS You are free to declare win. Because that's what I expect as a reply from someone like you.
I don't care about WCCTECH or other websites. I'm posting here.
And being attacked by AMD cheerleaders just prove my point even more. Do whatever you want with your ignore list. So typical...

Mouse Logitech MK320
Keyboard Logitech MK320
VR HMD None
Agreed on the 5700/XT running hot but I knew what I was getting into. IMHO it was AMD cranking it up to its maximum for that performance hit and marketing BS. But I had not issues on Drivers.

I own 2, 5700 and a 5700XT. When I undervolted them the heat issues are gone and the performance stayed pretty much the same. The max heat posted was 78c under Cinebench stress test. and it runs a lot cooler when I play my video games.
AS posted before on this sight on my rig.
Yep. The problem was that too many people don't know their posteriors from their elbows and immediately start bleating "Driver Issues!". I'm just glad that I'm not that dumb! (Well, not about this anyway) :laugh:

tanaka_007

Not sure if these motherboards support Ryzen 8000 and 9000 series FCLK2500MHz+ (DDR5-7500+),
7000 series FCLK2000MHz(DDR5-6000+) will be enough.
Typically you can run DDR5-9000+ with 2 DIMM slots and DDR5-7000+ with 4 DIMM slots.
*7300+ is not possible with 4DIMM slots.
*DDR5-5600(1.1v) Hynix A-die 1R Module + 2DIMM Slot M/B = DDR5-9300 (Manual OC 1.75v)
*DDR5-5600(1.1v) Hynix A-die 1R Module + 4DIMM Slot M/B = DDR5-7200 (Manual OC 1.50v)
*DDR5-4800(1.1v) Hynix M-die 1R Module + 2DIMM Slot M/B = DDR5-8000 (Manual OC 1.75v)
*DDR5-4800(1.1v) Hynix M-die 1R Module + 4DIMM Slot M/B = DDR5-7000 (Manual OC 1.50v)
*Because it is a silicon lottery, we do not guarantee the actual operation.

ASRock A620M-HDV/M.2+ AM5 Micro ATX Motherboard, supports up to 120W CPU​

$99.99 (newegg)

ASRock A620M-HDV/M.2 AM5 Micro ATX Motherboard, supports up to 65W CPU​

$85.99 (newegg)

Last edited: