• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Netgear Brings Powerful Yet Compact WiFi 6E Mesh System to Its Nighthawk Line

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
NETGEAR, Inc., the leading provider of award-winning connected products designed to simplify and improve people's lives, today introduced the Nighthawk Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6E System (MK93S), engineered for exceptional mesh WiFi range and performance. The system, consisting of a router and two satellites, delivers 50% improved WiFi performance over the previous model and faster WiFi speeds up to 5.7 Gbps. With the powerful quad-core 1.7 GHz processor and new WiFi 6E tri-band technology, it offers less congestion, ultra-low latency, and more bandwidth.

With the capacity to support up to 100 devices, the MK93S system provides enough bandwidth to connect smart home devices, stream multiple 4K/8K movies, hold important Zoom video calls, monitor security cameras or baby monitors, and compete in online games, all at the same time. And the new compact, elegant design enables it to be placed anywhere around the home to eliminate dead zones, so strong WiFi can be enjoyed even in those typically hard-to-reach areas. The patented antennas amplify the signal for strong, consistent coverage that won't degrade, ultimately providing advanced whole home coverage of up to 7,500 square feet with an integrated, adaptive network that adjusts the connection between the router and satellites for best performance.

WiFi needs have grown significantly in the past few years, and more people are relying on fast, consistent WiFi to keep them seamlessly connected throughout their home. But many who have upgraded their Internet speeds with their service providers for multi-gig connectivity may not have a home network to take advantage of the increased speed. The MK93S includes a new 2.5 Gig Internet port to lock in ultra-fast internet speeds (up to 2.5 Gbps) helping users to get the most from the service they purchase. It also includes seven Ethernet ports for wired connections to gaming consoles or IoT gateways.

Customization is key in today's multi-device home environment. The MK93S includes the ability to create unique, customized WiFi networks on the 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 6 GHz WiFi bands. The system's powerful 3x3 2.4 GHz radio increases the performance and range for IoT devices, such as door locks, pool heaters, smart sprinklers and security cameras which are usually outside or at the perimeter of the home. With a dedicated 2.4 GHz SSID, these devices can be separated from high speed/low latency traffic such as streaming and gaming. And with Dynamic QoS, internet traffic is automatically prioritized by application and device to enable smoother streaming for the devices that require it.

"We're seeing customers upgrading their internet services and paying for the highest available speeds, but they're unable to fully benefit from those speeds without the use of a mesh router system like the new Nighthawk Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6E," said David Henry, president & GM of Connected Home Products and Services at NETGEAR. "The Nighthawk Tri-Band system is designed to help people cost effectively get the most out of their internet speed and drive greater network efficiency to unlock powerful WiFi range and performance."

Technical specifications:
  • Fast, reliable speeds: Total wireless speeds of up to 5.7 Gbps make for smoother Ultra HD 4K streaming.
  • Latest WiFi 6E Technology: WiFi 6E provides 50% faster speeds & double the device capacity for MK93S compared to the previous WiFi 6 product. Experience greater speed, ultra-low latency, & more bandwidth with the new 6 GHz band.
  • Super-fast Tri-band WiFi: NETGEAR Tri-band technology ensures max speeds for up to 100 connected devices to keep up with your family's streaming, gaming, & smart home needs. Plus, with our customized WiFi, you can enable a 2.4 GHz WiFi connection solely for your IoT devices.
  • Powerful Quad-core Processor: More processing power increases the overall performance of your network.
  • More Wired Connections: Seven Ethernet ports for your gaming console & IoT gateway wired connections. Boost your wired speeds up to 2 Gbps by linking two LAN ports together--ideal for network storage.
  • Fast Multi-Gig Internet: Get today's fastest Internet with up to 2.5 Gbps Internet port for your most demanding tech products—such as game consoles, streaming players, & computers.
  • Ease of use: Easy setup with the Nighthawk app, customize and enjoy your new Nighthawk Mesh WiFi in minutes.

NETGEAR Armor Powered by Bitdefender
With so many devices connected on home WiFi networks today, security and privacy are critical. For real-time protection against hackers and added privacy with VPN, NETGEAR Armor Powered by Bitdefender provides an automatic shield of security for all WiFi and connected devices (PC, phone, camera, TV, Echo, etc.) with one year subscription included. Parents can easily manage their family's exposure and time online across their connected devices with award-winning NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls to build healthy habits wherever they are, with a Premium SPC subscription.

Availability
The NETGEAR Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi 6E Mesh System is available now in the US on NETGEAR.com first and at other major retailers subsequently. MSRP: $549.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
Why tho when Wifi 7 is already out? I swear I wish I bought a BS setup and waited for Wifi 7. They damn sure got me with the okie doke...

Why tho when Wifi 7 is already out? I swear I wish I bought a BS setup and waited for Wifi 7. They damn sure got me with the okie doke...

Wifi 7 will take up to a year to be widely available still.

2005193144.png

I'd still prefer cable day and night.

In the abyss, where all I can see is...nuthin !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
FTTH rulz, cable droolz :D

Yea I know some folks can't run wires everywhere, but still, WiFi 7-capable devices won't become mainstream, not to mention reasonably priced, for a while yet, so for most average people, WiFi-6E/AX is more than sufficient...

Wifi is cool when you don't have a block full of devices trying to interfere with eachother. Nothing more annoying then wifi routers constantly switching channels because, another device is trying to broadcast on it. And because of that your connection likely disrupts for even a second. Ive attempted all i can in order to get a stable wireless but i'm done with it.

Cable is superior in speed, latency and stability.

System Name Stugots V
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright PA-120 Black
Memory 2 x 16GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual RTX 4070
Storage 500GB WD SN750 | 2TB WD SN750 | 6TB WD Red +
Display(s) Dell S2716DG (1440p / 144Hz)
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element | Audioengine HD3 + A8 | Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro (250)
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Leopold FC750RBT
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Well yeah, hardwired is always better - but I'm not about to run ethernet all over the house either.
My desktop is literally the only thing that gets the distinct honor of that.

Wifi 6E was letdown, I can have a bajillion things connect to my router...at meh and a half speeds.

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
Wifi 7 will take up to a year to be widely available still.

View attachment 313482

I'd still prefer cable day and night.
I don't know where you reside, but WiFi 7 is already available in America. I'm currently using the Wifi 6E and my Orbi is a freaking beast. However!!!! I would have easily spent the $1400 for this setup on a Wifi 7 mesh. I'm certain this will last me another 5 years or more, but looking at 7's specs...it might be my last mesh router I would have ever purchased in my lifetime. :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

Well yeah, hardwired is always better - but I'm not about to run ethernet all over the house either.
My desktop is literally the only thing that gets the distinct honor of that.

Wifi 6E was letdown, I can have a bajillion things connect to my router...at meh and a half speeds.
I have two gaming desktops on ethernet and the rest of the house is connected to the mesh. The Orbi RBRE960 allows for up to 200 devices...I don't think I'll be crossing that anytime soon. Hell, even my washer and dryer is connected to the IoT. I MIGHT be over 1/4 the max devices it allows. The only thing that sucks is the Bit Defender Armor on there and it crashes when I download larger files like Games from Steam and such. So that should never happen for a device of this price, but it does.

Every time one of these $300+ routers comes out I pretty much think (and sometimes say) the same thing. For the same amount of money you can build a Ubiqiti Unfi system with one of their gateways like a dream machine and expand that out with traditional APs or their mesh network APs. You also have the option of hosting and running your own camera system on their platform which is cost competitive or possibly even cheaper than all the cloud camera systems out there.