• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BenQ Announces new X-Series Projectors for Gaming

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
BenQ, the global leading DLP 4K projector brand and innovator of digital lifestyle devices, today unveiled three all-new 4K HDR smart projectors. Designed specifically for AAA console gaming, each projector offers players unparalleled audiovisual experiences tailored to various rooms within the home.

Following closely after the success of the BenQ X3000i, 2022's best 4K LED gaming projector, the new models X3100i, X500i, and X300G showcase BenQ's revolutionary detail enhancement engine. They set new standards by integrating the projector-tailored HDR-PRO, CinematicColor, and CinematicSound technologies, offering a richer and more immersive gaming experience than ever before.

"The latest additions to our new X Series gaming projectors bring a revolutionary shift to the world of large-screen gaming. Boasting authentic 4K HDR visual quality and minimal input lag, these projectors are the ultimate platform for an immersive AAA gaming experience in various settings," said Houston Wei, Senior Director of BenQ North America." The flagship X3100i redefines the ultimate dream gaming room standard without compromise. The X500i transforms any compact space into gaming hubs, and the X300G projector empowers gamers to establish gaming centers within their personal space."

Revolutionizing Ultra-HD Gaming with BenQ HDR-PRO
The heart of the X Series lies in BenQ's innovative in-game detail refinement technology, delivering fully immersive gaming experiences filled with newly uncovered details and realism. True 4K HDR ultra high resolution, consisting of 8.3 million distinct pixels, complements the exclusive HDR-PRO technology optimized for projectors. This technology employs SSI Dynamic Black and HDR tone mapping techniques, resulting in vibrant contrasts and realistic shadows that reveal intricate details even in dim settings. Additionally, the theater-grade BenQ CinematicColor technology utilizes the brilliance and color range of 4LED high brightness and color volume to achieve remarkable color accuracy, capturing an extensive color gamut, encompassing delicate shades, and reaching up to 100% DCI-P3 coverage.

CinematicSound & Ultra-Fast Response
BenQ's CinematicSound immerses X Series gamers with a 3D spatial audio environment crafted from its unique treVolo driver design and advanced sound processing. With an industry-leading response time of 4.16 ms, the X Series ensures gamers can instantly react, guaranteeing unmatched in-game victories.

The X Series gaming projectors are designed for all gaming systems, offering various game modes such as role-playing, shooter, sports, and racing, with features like Auto Game Mode for optimized settings and input lag, SettingXChange for quick color shifts, and a built-in FPS crosshair for precise targeting.

BenQ X Series gaming projectors feature Google-certified Android TV and built-in Netflix, offering a wide range of entertainment from apps to movies, sports, and even more games. They also support eARC and S/PDIF for transmitting high-quality audio to external sound systems.

With a futuristic and modern gaming look, the X Series gaming projectors are designed for easy, flexible installation, featuring the right throw ratios, lens shift, 2D keystone, and digital or motorized zoom. They're ideal for any gaming space, big or small. (Vertical lens shift on X3100i only; motorized zoom on X300G only.)

BenQ's X3100i ($2,399) and X500i ($1,699) will be available to order in early November 2023 on BenQ.com. The X300G ($1,799) will be available to order in January 2024. Starting December 2023, the X3100i and X500i will be available for purchase on Amazon, Bestbuy US, Adorama, B&H, and ProjectorPeople.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

with 98" TVs, 120Hz 1000 nits peak HDR, VRR, etc... becoming very affordable, the market for gaming projectors should die off with time
apart from niche use cases, it makes no sense buying that over a TV

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
with 98" TVs, 120Hz 1000 nits peak HDR, VRR, etc... becoming very affordable, the market for gaming projectors should die off with time
apart from niche use cases, it makes no sense buying that over a TV
Big price difference and these can do 240 Hz at 1080p.

Didn't see description of interfaces? Yes there in webpages of models this data exists. I found 3 HDMI 2.0b(in X300i) (and USB A, not for data i think.)

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
Cooling AiO 240mm
Memory 2x 32GB Kingston Fury Beast 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Radeon RX 6900XT Reference (amd.com)
Storage O.S.: 256GB SATA | 2x 1TB SanDisk SSD SATA Data | Games: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo
Display(s) LG 34" UWQHD
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeMusic + Gigaworks SB750 7.1 THX
Power Supply XFX 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless
VR HMD Lenovo Explorer
Software Windows 10 64bit
Big price difference and these can do 240 Hz at 1080p.
Isn't that how these projectors are doing "4K" anyway, through interpolation between 1080p images?

These still present the only alternative for very large screens that can't fit through doors and corridors, but it's definitely true that projectors have steadily been trailing further behind TVs in terms of tech. All these yeaars later and there's still no VRR, resolutions are low and there's no equivalent to local dimmimg.

I set up a projector in my home cinema 20 years ago and it was so much better than any TV at the time, but nowadays I'd find it difficult to recommend one for the same purpose.

Of course, we're talking home cinema projectors. On the field of small and carriable short-throw projectors we've had very nice developments.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Isn't that how these projectors are doing "4K" anyway, through interpolation between 1080p images?
No, native 4K DLP chip.
These still present the only alternative for very large screens that can't fit through doors and corridors, but it's definitely true that projectors have steadily been trailing further behind TVs in terms of tech. All these years later and there's still no VRR, resolutions are low and there's no equivalent to local dimming.
Not sure it's possible to do VRR on a projector.

System Name Gungnir
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X @1.25v
Motherboard ASUS TUF B650M-PLUS WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assasin 120 SE Black
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 CL36 5600MHz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 6800XT Merc 319 @1.1v @2600MHz clock @2140MHz vram freq. (surprisingly stable)
Storage 1TB WD SN770 | 2TB WD Blue SATA III SSD
Display(s) 1440p 165Hz VA
Case Lian Li Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80Ohm
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
Keyboard Keychron V6
VR HMD The bane of my existence (Oculus Quest 2)
These look interesting, though these pictures look, uuhhhhh, well let's just say I would intentionally buy a competing brand

Too expensive however, hope the dedicated niche likes them though

System Name Locutus TT P90 open air case
Processor Intel I7 12700K
Motherboard Asus Z690 WIFI D4
Cooling NZXT 280 mm AIO
Memory 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance 3600 DDR4
Video Card(s) Zotac 3080 Holo LHR
Storage 3 various branded SSDs and 6 TB Seagate HD
Display(s) LG 32'' g-sync 144 Hz VA IPS
Case P90 open air case
Power Supply EVGA G2 1 KW
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Win 11 Pro

These still present the only alternative for very large screens that can't fit through doors and corridors, but it's definitely true that projectors have steadily been trailing further behind TVs in terms of tech. All these yeaars later and there's still no VRR, resolutions are low and there's no equivalent to local dimmimg.

I set up a projector in my home cinema 20 years ago and it was so much better than any TV at the time, but nowadays I'd find it difficult to recommend one for the same purpose.

Of course, we're talking home cinema projectors. On the field of small and carriable short-throw projectors we've had very nice developments.
It depends on your budget, a 100k Christie projector will change your opinion.