• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Launches the Dominator Titanium DDR5 Memory

Hxx

Each SKU has a max batch of 500 and will be numbered. So they eventually become a collector's item
ya know why the max is 500? Cause that's the most they will sell given their value :roll:
but we enthusiasts call it "collector's items" ....

System Name "Icy Resurrection"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S upgraded with 2x NF-F12 iPPC-3000 fans and Honeywell PTM7950 TIM
Memory 32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 7600 MT/s 36-44-44-52-96 1.4V
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 500 GB WD Black SN750 SE NVMe SSD + 4 TB WD Red Plus WD40EFPX HDD
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Pichau Mancer CV500 White Edition
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Classic Intellimouse
Keyboard Generic PS/2
Software Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Benchmark Scores I pulled a Qiqi~
It's still a no go if you want to use a dual tower cooler.

Dominator memory has never been truly compatible with large air cooling anyway. Even if you had certain ways to make it fit, it was never an optimal solution.

I've always been a fan of Dominators, these G.Skill sticcs I've got haven't disappointed this time around, but my next kit will likely be one of these.

They are first edition memory kits. Each SKU has a max batch of 500 and will be numbered. So they eventually become a collector's item. This is premium ram for a premium price. It's as simple as that. Tight timings and higher frequencies. Then after the 500 of each sku are made/sold, the second edition memory kits come and from my understanding of the article, will be looser timings with lower frequencies. That is what you are paying for.

If you or anyone else thinks it's garbage, well thats on you.
Did they confirm this batch is limited run for collectors?

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
iCUE has gotten better
I might have to download a new version and install it again to see if it adds anything of value to me (fake surround headphones), I preferred the default sound, and the software was slow, clunky and actually made the PC feel slower just by being there and doing nothing at all.!!! I generally like Corsair products, iCue really lets them down as a brand IMHO. Apologies for going OT.

Then after the 500 of each sku are made/sold, the second edition memory kits come and from my understanding of the article, will be looser timings with lower frequencies. That is what you are paying for.
If Corsair mess this up (likely if they let the marketing department make the decisions), this could cost the company a lot of money, and a serious hit to their reputation, I hope they do this right.!

"If" Corsair do not make it clear that the "first edition" products are actually faster than what comes after, then they will have a lot of angry customers who read reviews of the "First edition" and a couple of months down the line they buy "second edition" products assuming as everyone would, that the "Second edition" fixed bugs or or something, but are the same performance, they will be angry, write terrible reviews and return their products for a refund and buy something else, and never touch a Corsair product again.! Be careful Corsair, be careful.

ir_cow

Staff member
They are first edition memory kits. Each SKU has a max batch of 500 and will be numbered. So they eventually become a collector's item. This is premium ram for a premium price. It's as simple as that. Tight timings and higher frequencies. Then after the 500 of each sku are made/sold, the second edition memory kits come and from my understanding of the article, will be looser timings with lower frequencies. That is what you are paying for
A bit of conspiracy talk going on.

Firstly, you are buying the bin that is sold, not what it can OC to. That is true for all memory kits.

Secondly, nothing has changed. The XMP profiles for that specific bin is the same.

I will say that these did OC exceptionally well. Still though, if you have Hynix ICs DDR5-8000 is easy to hit with 1.5v

A bit of conspiracy talk going on.

Firstly, you are buying the bin that is sold, not what it can OC to. That is true for all memory kits.

Secondly, nothing has changed. The XMP profiles for that specific bin is the same.

I will say that these did OC exceptionally well. Still though, if you have Hynix ICs DDR5-8000 is easy to hit with 1.5v

Did corsair provide any info on when they might be releasing higher frequency xmp kits? (7400-8000)

Scratch that, looks like theyre on their website now, havent seen them all week until now.