• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT Announces the H6 Flow — A Compact Dual Chamber Mid-Tower ATX Case

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
NZXT, a leader in PC gaming hardware and services, today announces the H6 Flow and H6 Flow RGB, a compact dual chamber mid-tower ATX case. The H6 Flow offers a harmonious blend of performance and visual appeal for PC enthusiasts. Designed for an expansive and uninterrupted view, the H6 Flow is adorned with consistent tempered glass on the front and sides, granting a panoramic peek into the insides of your build. Leveraging its dual chamber architecture, the new angel front panel directs the airflow from the three pre-included 120 mm fans (or 120 mm RGB fans for the H6 Flow RGB version) and two 140 mm fans at the base of the case allow you to cool your heat generating components. The revamped perforated panels come with a design fine-tuned for optimal airflow and superior performance. While all being easy to build with the H6 Flow facilitates generous cable-routing channels and straps, ensuring organized cable management.

Features of H6 Flow
Panoramic Paneling: Wraparound glass panels with a seamless edge provides an unobstructed view of the inside to highlight key components.
Compact Dual-Chamber Design: Compact dual-chamber design improves overall thermal performance and creates a clean, uncrowded aesthetic.
Out-of-the-Box Cooling: With your choice between an RGB visually stunning or non-RGB color matching fans, each version three H6 Flow iIncludes three pre-installed 120 mm fans positioned at an ideal angle for optimal out-of-the-box cooling.
High-Performance Airflow: The top and side panels feature an airflow-optimized perforation pattern to enhance overall performance and filter dust.
Quality of life features: Tool-free access to the top and side panels makes upgrading quick and convenient and an intuitive cable management system simplifies the build process by using wide channels and straps.
Spacious Support: Top panel supports radiators up to 360 mm in length. Up to 365 mm GPU and 200 mm PSU clearance.

Available Colors
H6 Flow and H6 Flow RGB: Matte White, Matte Black

MSRP:
H6 Flow: $109.99
H6 Flow RGB: $134.99

Availability:
USA, EMEA, APAC: Now

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
... why is the PSU floating up in the air instead of mounted at the bottom of the chassis to lower the centre of gravity?

Also yay tempered glass WOOO so much innovation way to go NZXT. /s

... why is the PSU floating up in the air instead of mounted at the bottom of the chassis to lower the centre of gravity?

Top side-PSU is an older style of computer design where the PSU's fans assist in the air-movement system of the whole case. PSU is very hot in practice, so it absolutely will have a fan. If that fan is blowing, might as well have it blowing in an optimal location, which is the top-rear in the older PC designs.

In this particular case, there's a 2nd chamber and that 2nd chamber needs airflow. I'm not quite seeing how the air works, but the fan in the 2nd chamber is obviously the PSU fan. I'll have to think about this placement a bit more... but its at least making a decent amount of sense from an airflow perspective IMO.

----------

The 2nd chamber for PSU seems somewhat silly. I'm not entirely sure what the 2nd chamber does, aside from isolate the PSU? I guess it gives more room for your cable-management, but full towers always had plenty of room in my experience.

But "if" the 2nd chamber exists, it makes sense for that chamber to "exhale" higher up the chassis, so that its drawing cooler air from the bottom of the board and expelling the hot air out the top.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit

Does it really matter? As long as theres something there to hold it rather/support than just the screws it really doesnt matter. Its not like its 6ft tall and unstable and being a little top heavy is a bad thing.

Processor 13700KF - 5.7GHZ
Motherboard Z690 UNIFY-X
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 (NF-A12x25)
Memory 2x16 G.SKILL M-DIE (7200-34-44-44-28)
Video Card(s) XFX MERC 7900XT
Storage 1TB KINGSTON KC3000
Display(s) FI32Q
Case LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC EVO
Audio Device(s) HD599
Power Supply RMX1000
Mouse PULSAR XLITE V2 MINI (RETRO)
Keyboard KEYCHRON V3 (DUROCK T1 + MT3 GODSPEED R2)
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Superposition 4k optimized - 20652
Seems quite nice case if i am being honest.
Although after i got my o11D evo i don't think i would go this route again, much rather the style of my old bequiet.
But i can't deny this case from nzxt is looking very nice and the price is kinda cheaper than expected.
The only problem i have is seemingly wasted space on the PSU side, some odd choices gone in that chamber.

Top side-PSU is an older style of computer design where the PSU's fans assist in the air-movement system of the whole case. PSU is very hot in practice, so it absolutely will have a fan. If that fan is blowing, might as well have it blowing in an optimal location, which is the top-rear in the older PC designs.

In this particular case, there's a 2nd chamber and that 2nd chamber needs airflow. I'm not quite seeing how the air works, but the fan in the 2nd chamber is obviously the PSU fan. I'll have to think about this placement a bit more... but its at least making a decent amount of sense from an airflow perspective IMO.

----------

The 2nd chamber for PSU seems somewhat silly. I'm not entirely sure what the 2nd chamber does, aside from isolate the PSU? I guess it gives more room for your cable-management, but full towers always had plenty of room in my experience.

But "if" the 2nd chamber exists, it makes sense for that chamber to "exhale" higher up the chassis, so that its drawing cooler air from the bottom of the board and expelling the hot air out the top.
The PSUs draw air with their fan from the side and exhaust it through the back (outside the case). Atleast the conventional PSUs.
Being in the center the only benefit is closer cable routes, can't think of anything else.

Last edited:
System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)

I don't think the PSU location matters that much in late 2023. Today's premium graphics cards weigh a ton so even if the PSU is in the top, it won't make the case unstable. I have a Lian Li O11D Mini with the PSU mounted in the top (by choice since this case is particularly flexible) and the center of gravity difference is negligible.

As for tempered glass, they are servicing today's marketplace. Using glass on the front panel really doesn't change much since the front panel of the previous generation was usually a blank sheet of metal with some venting on the side.

It appears that they still have retained their cases with more conventional design features. You still have a choice.

I own an NZXT H210 (mini ITX) and a H1 v2 (also mini ITX) and they are both thoughtfully designed cases. They aren't perfect, but I haven't see one that is. Just vote with your dollars.

System Name Homelabs
Processor Ryzen 5900x | Ryzen 1920X
Motherboard Asus ProArt x570 Creator | AsRock X399 fatal1ty gaming
Cooling Silent Loop 2 280mm | Dark Rock Pro TR4
Memory 128GB (4x32gb) DDR4 3600Mhz | 128GB (8x16GB) DDR4 2933Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 | ASUS Strix GTX 970
Storage Optane 900p + NVMe | Optane 900p + 8TB SATA SSDs + 48TB HDDs
Display(s) Alienware AW3423dw QD-OLED | HP Omen 32 1440p
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 | be quiet! Silent Base 800
Power Supply Corsair RM750x + sleeved cables| EVGA P2 750W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate (still has buttons on the right side, crucial as I'm a southpaw)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite, Pro Type | Logitech G915 TKL
Looks pretty cool, but gotta wait for the GamersNexus TechJesus review of course!

The PSUs draw air with their fan from the side and exhaust it through the back (outside the case). Atleast the conventional PSUs.
Being in the center the only benefit is closer cable routes, can't think of anything else.

Hot air naturally rises. You want to take advantage of this thermal effect by building a case that makes cool air on the bottom of the case, and hot air at the top of the case.

By exhausting hot-air out the bottom of the case, you're missing out on the hot-air-rises effect and working against physics. Center of the case is better than the bottom of the case, but of course the top of the case is best (though maybe the cables don't reach far enough if put over there).

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 \Paradigm 7se MKII, Paradigm 5SE MK1 , Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Like to see a version of this with 180mm fans.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-76
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
I actually really like this, if it supported a 420mm AIO I would probably go for it at $109, whenever I do my dream build someday anyway

Processor i9-11900K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory 4x8GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Alienware RTX 3090 OEM
Storage OEM Kioxia 2tb NVMe (OS), 4TB WD Blue HDD (games)
Display(s) LG 27GN950-B
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance (black)
Audio Device(s) Logitech Pro X Wireless
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Elite 2
This is AWESOME! I wanted something like the Hyte Y60, but the side fans would be blocked because I would keep it on the floor against my desk. The angled fan mount on this would mostly fix this problem.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-76
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
This is AWESOME! I wanted something like the Hyte Y60, but the side fans would be blocked because I would keep it on the floor against my desk. The angled fan mount on this would mostly fix this problem.

not to mention the Hyte costs like 300-400 bucks and this only costs $109

NZXT makes awesome cases, I love my H710

monseven7

Seems like a good case for reasonable price point.

Of late I've been seeing quite a few that could allow for two rear fans from manufacture (as opposed to minor case mod), even if 120mm, which for those who don't use liquid cooling could be pretty useful, keeping the air in the front and exhaust out the back, given how decent air flow into but out of, the case is quite welcome these days (warmer chipset/vrm/ram, toasty GPUs).

Hot air naturally rises. You want to take advantage of this thermal effect by building a case that makes cool air on the bottom of the case, and hot air at the top of the case.

By exhausting hot-air out the bottom of the case, you're missing out on the hot-air-rises effect and working against physics. Center of the case is better than the bottom of the case, but of course the top of the case is best (though maybe the cables don't reach far enough if put over there).
The effect of hot air rising is insignificant at the temperatures seen inside a PC case. If you want air to move somewhere, use a fan. Relying on natural convection for this application is silly. It’s weaker than the weakest fan.

miko

It's not that simple. This only makes sense without case fans. Hot air rises naturally with convection, but soon as you force air with fans, you're creating pressure and changing the air flow dynamic. Air flows from high pressure to low pressure.

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Like to see a version of this with 180mm fans.
We need more cases with 200mm fan support.

2 front, 2 bottom and 1 top with a 140 rear exhaust.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Kitguru review:

Leo likes it.

It's not that simple. This only makes sense without case fans. Hot air rises naturally with convection, but soon as you force air with fans, you're creating pressure and changing the air flow dynamic. Air flows from high pressure to low pressure.

All force vectors add to each other.

Gravity, and therefore the direction of heat rising (which is buoyancy and not convection) is well... Directional.

You can choose to have your fans work with the natural forces, or you can choose to have your fans work against the natural forces.

In the 90s, we all preferred to work with hot air rising effect. Today, we don't. Whatever, I've lived through both eras. Common knowledge of decades past is forgotten and discarded with time. I'm just reminding the younger generation our logic from decades past.

drpoor

Tempered glass, showcase, thqt doesn't matter to me. Every new case should be an innovative way to show off your hobby, if you do not like it buy a black rectangle. Noone is stopping anyone from buying a black rectangle. My issue with this "new" case is it is derivative and boring. The angle side chamber is stolen from hyte, and that case is a flash in the pan. The last cool dual chamber case was the PC08. Bring that back.

Idiotic location for the usb ports at the bottom of the case, means this has to sit on your desk and annoy the shit out of you with fan noise. I would never put a case this size or shape on a desk.

Quickly said:The basket for the SSDs and HDDs is screwed at the bottom, but it couldn't be screwed at the top because there is a hole for the motherboard. Engineers sometimes seem silly, but they often have reasons that make them so.