• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Now, Enable FSR 3 in FSR 2 Games with New Leaked Mod

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
the bulk of the criticism was obviously directed at Nvidia artificially preventing the tech from being used in the Turing and Ampere graphics cards.
It's fairly natural for someone who has the vision to innovate an idea, wants to capitalize on it when in an industry and market like this. I can't say for certain that it was verifiably, artificially and purposely withheld from Ampere and lower gens when developed with hardware acceleration for the desired experience. AMD broadly accomplishing the same task, a year later with the benefit of studying the competition, and then bringing their own mostly baked solution with it's own unique set of nuances and drawbacks doesn't necessitate that version of history. Nvidia was working on this for years to make it viable at a level that was genuinely marketable whatsoever, it had to be good at what it said it was going to do. The two solutions are compared because they in effect do the same thing, but they clearly go about it in very different ways, with different results, and the players have different market dynamics, one is a leader and one is a follower. People are quick to vilify because of what has been done, perhaps without considering the how it was done.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased with how it has turned out, as an RTX 30 series buyer with an eye to RDNA4/RTX 50 as my next upgrade, AMD would all but appear to have crushed FG being a point/pro in a given GeForce's favor that will very likely carry no weight in my decision now, a point which has yet to be won by FSR Upscaling Vs DLSS Upscaling imo. Especially considering my praise of AMD's FSR3 FG is based on it adding frames to a DLSS upscaled game, the FSR upscaled game I tried was no bueno.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
It's funny how fast we went from fake frames to a standing ovation, a time honoured tradition. Tried it in AW2 and so far it's relatively impressive now that VRR works and it can be underpinned by DLSS SR if you are on Nvidia.

Gotta hand it to AMD on this one, compared to DLSS SR and following up with FSR 1 then 2, this is a MUCH bigger success imo, the speed to get their workable open solution to market is worthy of much praise.
These are still fake frames! Nothing changed wrt that. They still hit latency and create a disbalance between input and visual feedback.

But the same principles apply here as they do wrt 'paid vs unpaid' modding. Nvidia monetizes FG, and AMD doesnt, its not trying to lock it down but rather enable it on as many cards as possible including RDNA2. Well - AMD monetizes it, but not towards its consumer base, but rather to further their console offering. They need it there. Thats a smart business model that doesnt throw consumer under the bus, but rather is based on a positive move forward that just happens because the market moves there. Thats how you secure market adoption proper. Incentivize, rather than Nvidias stranglehold forcing people towards Ada.

FSR3 is simply a bonus and therefore nice to have - while Nvidia is actively pushing it to sell GPUs. That is the key difference and for the exact same reason modders have no right or place to make money off it.

Money corrupts. Simple. If a party requires me to pay money, I want a real, complete product in return. Until then I feel like a paid beta tester, well fuck that. Now until eternity. Im not an idiot making someone else's living with my time. If no one is making money off my back, Im all for cooperative activity to get stuff done. Heck Ill go the extra mile. But when you ask money, or upsell tech through an overpriced GPU with artificial tech limitations, we have a contract. Its a different world.

It's fairly natural for someone who has the vision to innovate an idea, wants to capitalize on it when in an industry and market like this. I can't say for certain that it was verifiably, artificially and purposely withheld from Ampere and lower gens when developed with hardware acceleration for the desired experience. AMD broadly accomplishing the same task, a year later with the benefit of studying the competition, and then bringing their own mostly baked solution with it's own unique set of nuances and drawbacks doesn't necessitate that version of history. Nvidia was working on this for years to make it viable at a level that was genuinely marketable whatsoever, it had to be good at what it said it was going to do. The two solutions are compared because they in effect do the same thing, but they clearly go about it in very different ways, with different results, and the players have different market dynamics, one is a leader and one is a follower. People are quick to vilify because of what has been done, perhaps without considering the how it was done.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased with how it has turned out, as an RTX 30 series buyer with an eye to RDNA4/RTX 50 as my next upgrade, AMD would all but appear to have crushed FG being a point/pro in a given GeForce's favor that will very likely carry no weight in my decision now, a point which has yet to be won by FSR Upscaling Vs DLSS Upscaling imo. Especially considering my praise of AMD's FSR3 FG is based on it adding frames to a DLSS upscaled game, the FSR upscaled game I tried was no bueno.
You seem to be turning around towards AMDs approach, starting to understand it better. Big respect points here from my end, its refreshing to see people open to change of their perspective.

Also youre not wrong. All new tech is a case of chicken/egg, someone needs to push it forward before it gets momentum. Nvidia and AMD know their place in that dynamic. Nvidia leads. AMD follows, it gets universal and boom we have it everywhere.

see but now you are basically just disregarding software as a product really.
Tuning kits for cars? waterblocks for gpus? D-brand decals for consoles etc? all of those are addition to "improve" or customize or, dare I say it, "modify" the original product they did not make.

If a game runs poorly and the devs dont give a crap to fix it, and you would put in months of sifting through the code to come up with a patch that fixes it, are not not allowed, in your opinion, to ask money for that end product?
If a piece of software lacks all kinds of integrated then many people so desperately want and you put in the effort of adding that integration, you are not allowed to ask for money for that work?
If a company refuses to release new drivers for an older product with the mindset of "just buy our newer products" and someone puts in the efforts of making those drivers so people can use their product for longer, again, better not ask anything for that effort yo!?

If someone asks you to install a boiler for them, its obvious you are going to ask money for that time and effort despite the fact that you did not design the boiler, build the boiler, have anything to do with running that business, you are also feeding off of someone elses work, if they did not make the boiler, you would have no job installing it and what about the roads we need to drive over to get to the house with the boiler, that is someone elses work as well.
hell, voice actors in germany rely entirely on other peoples work so they can provide a german narration for the audience.

If someone asks you to make a mod to make a piece of software work, better do that crap for free yo..... well and fingers crossed that someone throws you a dime on patreon or so I guess, seems fair.
Simple answer: no.

It corrupts everything modding stands for. Principles matter. Without principles you are lost.

Last edited:
System Name It's a box, it games, what more do you want?
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Cooling EVGA CLC 240 Liquid
Memory 2 x 16 Gb DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z Neo @ 3600Mhz CL14
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT MERC310
Storage WD BLACK™ SN770 Gen.4 1TB NVME M.2, Crucial MX300 275 GB M.2 2280, WD Red 4TB SATA-III 256M
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DWF
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital RGB Black
Power Supply SuperFlower Legion GX Pro 850W
Mouse Mionix Naos QG
Keyboard Logitech G513 Carbon RGB Romer-G Tactile
Software Windows 11 x64
A crucial piece of information missing from the article. It does not work on AMD cards.

ThisStuffSux

Oops, isn't supported in Call of Duty, which will perma ban account via Steam(ing) pile of shit games.

Not that Activision was ever a legal holding company anyway, news says it is bankrupt.

Post process injection is just a form of frame insertion or interpolation and really what I wanted to see at low overhead prior to Ada even launching, but neither AMD nor Nvidia is exactly doing in quite the way I envision it being accomplished.

Take a lot of commonly used post process effects like tone map, lighting, shading, and layer them to a certain extent at low overhead and balanced appropriately across however many layers are being baked into fixed logic hardware let's just say 3 for lighting. shading, tone map, and I don't know perhaps AA and/or a blur/sharp technique all commonly used injection techniques or other techniques injected or baked into games.

Where it gets interesting is where you start inserting more layers of particular layers like lighting which lighting is infinite really so more layers balanced nicely will appear more natural and increase immersion across games new and old. Basically asic post process baked into GPU design for commonly used and low overhead post process elements. So much more is possible with post process as a whole with modern GPU technology. I can do a lot with just a GTX980 and it's ancient by today's standards.

Filtering layered lighting is particularly impressive in games. Even FXAA if you reduce the strength and thus overall blur amount to the effect by extension to it over default configuration and layer it can look great and do a nice job of eliminating jaggies plus you can tune in it differnet ways 1 layer, 2 layers, 3 layers, or more and in which which ever ordering is ideal or preferred and where you insert layers can absolutely make a different just like with sound effects signal processing.

To me making baking some of it into hardware at low latency makese sense if it can in the end reduce overhead inserting it via software otherwise at higher overhead. It also elminates certain problems and pitfalls it can be baked in a more controlled or restricted way to prevent certain concerns with post proces that typicall can arise with things like Reshade and people deliberately circumventing intended game design.

Balanced filtered lighting and shading feels more accurate or approximate to real life to me is a absolute overall game changer to scene immersion and doesn't have to be particualrly high overhead even 2 to 3 layer can do a surprisingly alright job at it. Seeing the amount of layers and balancing improve over generations gradually would be great though for new and old games. At the very least I'm waiting on 24 frames of low latency balanced post process lighting/shading to become more standardized and baked into GPU hardware that can closely emulate real life lighting the way we experience in interperit on Earth relative to the Sun. Thats all we're accustomed to perceiving in real life so it makes sense to closely emulate it at low overhead fairly well.

It's easy enough to impliment across a lot of titles overall at low overhead up to certain threshold of layers involved. I'm not sure why it isn't be leveraged to a broader extent and baked into hardware design.

I have to say, FG is not bad at all, I have tried it in Cyberpunk 2077, Jedi: Survivor, and The Witcher 3.

There are minimal graphical issues if your baseline FPS is around the 60+ FPS mark and then gets boosted to around 110FPS, FG remains responsive enough not to be annoying. nVidia screwed over their RTX 2000/3000 users badly, not a good look at all.

Thank you, AMD.
majority of gamer does not need anything faster than 60FPS.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
You seem to be turning around towards AMDs approach, starting to understand it better.
Well from my perspective I've understood it well for a long time now, but it just doesn't always 'land' for me I guess, personal preferences and all.

System Name Ryzen experimental tuf build
Processor 3700x
Motherboard x370 crosshair VI hero
Cooling cooler master aio
Memory teamgroup 16 gb ddr4 3200 mhz
Video Card(s) msi gtx 1060 oc 2100 core 9000 mhz memory
Storage 120 gb ssd 120gb nvme 3tb hdd
Display(s) 19in dell
Case fractal desing node 804
Audio Device(s) intergraded
Power Supply seasonic 750fm focus gold
Mouse logitech m320
Keyboard corsair k65 rgb rapidfire
Software win 10 pro,kaspersky total,primo cache and others
Benchmark Scores cinebench r20 495 single core 4702 multithread cpu z single core 525 multicore 5484.6
Wonder if there is a workaround with arc gpu on this.