• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Microsoft Copilot Becomes a Dedicated Key on Windows-Powered PC Keyboards

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Considering the amount of times AI gets things wrong (due to it getting its info from the internet, which is also wrong a lot of times), and us humans being too lazy to verify our sources, this is just a convenient tool to get misinformed. Bad idea.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Considering the amount of times AI gets things wrong (due to it getting its info from the internet, which is also wrong a lot of times), and us humans being too lazy to verify our sources, this is just a convenient tool to get misinformed. Bad idea.
One thing I've seen as a potential problem with AI is a runaway AI apocalypse; I'm not thinking SKYNET, more an AI version of Idiocracy.

AI is good now because AI training is based on 99% human-generated and human-vetted content. Garbage content is vetted by popularity and falls off the bottom into irrelevance fast which is fine.

As more of the web becomes AI-generated content, found through AI-vetted search, upvoted by AIs, the percentage of junk, erroneous content used for AI training and machine-learning becomes potentially fatal to the effectiveness of AI evolution; we run the risk of seeing AI training level-off at best, or possibly regress like in Idiocracy as we approach a global internet scale of classic GIGO. Darwin's "survival of the fittest" applies to the evolution of content AIs as well as the evolution of species. If the criteria for survival change from "what people want" to "what an AI thinks is best" you get a feedback loop where anything could happen and 99% of the possibilities are garbage.

Essentially, until AIs get really really good at weeding out bogus junk and nonsense data, AI itself poses a long-term risk to the intelligence of AI.

Last edited:
System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Agreed bing search/ msnbc/ and a host of other liberal shit news sites "I like to forget" and you can see clearly what AI will become.
Crap servers straight to your desktop/... lol

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
One thing I've seen as a potential problem with AI is a runaway AI apocalypse; I'm not thinking SKYNET, more an AI version of Idiocracy.

AI is good now because AI training is based on 99% human-generated and human-vetted content. Garbage content is vetted by popularity and falls off the bottom into irrelevance fast which is fine.
As more of the web becomes AI-generated content, found through AI-vetted search, the percentage of junk, erroneous content used for AI training and machine-learning becomes potentially fatal to the effectiveness of AI improvement, we run the risk of seeing AI training level-off at best, or regress like Idiocracty as we approach a global internet scale of classic GIGO. Darwin's "survival of the fittest" applies to the evolution of content as well as the evolution of species. If the criteria for survival change from "what people want" to "what generates the best AI result" and it's AIs themselves judging that competition, the entire process could simply grind to a catastrophic halt in a massive feedback loop!

Essentially, until AIs get really really good at weeding out bogus junk and nonsense data, AI itself poses a long-term risk to the intelligence of AI.
Since you mentioned Idiocracy, you probably agree that Darwin's "survival of the fittest" doesn't apply anymore. It's "survival of the one who procreates the most" now, both in terms of human beings, and of information. This is why AI is dangerous. It's way more convenient to ask ChatGPT a question than to check actual, verified sources.

It reminds me of the times when some phones had an "internet" button, pressing which could cost you a quite a few pennies. Now it will cost you your privacy and dignity. Oh well, I guess Microsoft was right about Windows 10 being the last Windows, at least for me it certainly will. Even it is only good for basic, low priority things like games - and only after ripping half of it and firewalling the rest.

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Since you mentioned Idiocracy, you probably agree that Darwin's "survival of the fittest" doesn't apply anymore. It's "survival of the one who procreates the most" now, both in terms of human beings, and of information. This is why AI is dangerous. It's way more convenient to ask ChatGPT a question than to check actual, verified sources.
Yeah, at the risk of sweeping generalisations here - human physical evolution stopped the minute modern medical healthcare took over from nature.

As for evolution of intelligence, the highest IQ humans on the planet procreate at a very low rate because they're busy being employed in demanding (and well-paid) jobs. Meanwhile you have the poorest examples of society with no money, education, or resources who are left with little else to do with their time other than drink, smoke, and f*ck. It's a waste of their potential and a dead-end for the evolution of intelligent civilisation. I'm not saying it's bad life or that I begrudge them that, but they outnumber the geniuses who would previously have been the next evolutionary jump by 10,000:1

I don't want to sound like a Hitler here, but it's just basic math; look at the total number of descendants of Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, or Stephen Hawking and compare that to the number of descendants of a random person living in a rural Somalian fishing village from the same sort of time. Chances are that each Somalian had 8-10 children before they were 30, generation after generation. Einstein, Tesla and Hawking had just 6 children between the three of them.

Last edited:
System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
another key that's gonna be obsoleted

Software Windows 10 Pro
Yeah, at the risk of sweeping generalisations here - human physical evolution stopped the minute modern medical healthcare took over from nature.
As for intelligence, the highest IQ humans on the planet procreate at a very low rate because they're busy being employed in demanding (and well-paid jobs). Meanwhile you have the poorest examples of society with no money, education, or resources left with little else to do with their time other than drink, smoke, and f*ck. I'm not saying it's bad life or that I begrudge them that, but they outnumber the geniuses who would previously have been the next evolutionary jump by 10,000:1

I don't want to sound like a Hitler here, but look at the total number of descendants of Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, or Stephen Hawking and compare that to the number of descendants of a random person living in a rural Somalian fishing village from the same sort of time. Chances are that each Somalian had 8-10 children before they were 30, generation after generation.
Exactly! :)

And to stay on topic, the same applies to information, unfortunately. I'm sure the number of searches on scientific topics, like astronomy on TikTok far exceeds that of reputable sources, like SpaceTime, Cool Worlds or Dr Becky on Youtube (I'm not even going as far as scientific journals or university publications). The internet is a great tool to share valuable information, but it is even greater at spreading stupidity and ignorance, and AI is only oil for this dumpster fire of human "evolution".

Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Case Veddha T2
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
The internet is a great tool to share valuable information, but it is even greater at spreading stupidity and ignorance, and AI is only oil for this dumpster fire of human "evolution".
QFT.

AI may well speed things up but it's not going to speed up the march of progress, it's going to speed up the race to the bottom. I'd love to be wrong but I'm a seasoned realist and my cynicism is so often proved accurate. Let's just hope I am wrong this time because actually-useful, benevolent sci-fi level AI would be the best thing to happen to humanity in years. It could solve war, economics, and international legislation given enough time and acceptance and that sure sounds better to me than Wall-E, Idiocracy, or buying Bezos whatever his next Megabillionaire project is after the infamous Penisrocket to space.

Last edited:
Software Windows 10 Pro
AI may well speed things up but it's not going to speed up the march of progress, it's going to speed up the race to the bottom. I'd love to be wrong but I'm a seasoned realist and my cynicism is so often proved accurate. Let's just hope I am wrong this time because actually-useful, benevolent sci-fi level AI would be the best thing to happen to humanity in years.
I agree. But this is not it. People think it is because it's called AI for some reason even though it's just a glorified search engine with a language model. Had it been called ML, it wouldn't be half as dangerous as it is.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares

Pretty soon, AI will be driving cars better than we can or do, most crashes are human error.

As for evolution of intelligence, the highest IQ humans on the planet procreate at a very low rate because they're busy being employed in demanding (and well-paid) jobs. Meanwhile you have the poorest examples of society with no money, education, or resources who are left with little else to do with their time other than drink, smoke, and f*ck. It's a waste of their potential and a dead-end for the evolution of intelligent civilisation. I'm not saying it's bad life or that I begrudge them that, but they outnumber the geniuses who would previously have been the next evolutionary jump by 10,000:1

I don't want to sound like a Hitler here, but it's just basic math; look at the total number of descendants of Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, or Stephen Hawking and compare that to the number of descendants of a random person living in a rural Somalian fishing village from the same sort of time. Chances are that each Somalian had 8-10 children before they were 30, generation after generation. Einstein, Tesla and Hawking had just 6 children between the three of them.
The problem with this is that it has been proven that smart people don't have superior genes and it's not as easy as asking two smart peoples to procreate. Beside that is exactly eugenics/racial theories. People always fall for the same easy scheme, especially when they have not studied the question and have only films/tv/podcasters/youtube as references. Besides the fundamental question always remains the same: why would you want to create smarter humans? For what purpose?

Software Windows 10 Pro
Pretty soon, AI will be driving cars better than we can or do, most crashes are human error.
I don't want a computer to drive my car, thank you. ;)

The problem with this is that it has been proven that smart people don't have superior genes and it's not as easy as asking two smart peoples to procreate. Beside that is exactly eugenics/racial theories. People always fall for the same easy scheme, especially when they have not studied the question and have only films/tv/podcasters/youtube as references. Besides the fundamental question always remains the same: why would you want to create smarter humans? For what purpose?
It's not about genes. It's about education. Smart people pay more attention to give their kids a proper upbringing. Have you heard the term "look at the mother, marry the daughter" before? It exists for a reason. Parents are the no.1 role models for every child.

And the purpose is simple: to care more about the planet and our fellow human beings. A society of smarter people is a better place to live in.

Processor i5-6600K
Motherboard Asus Z170A
Cooling some cheap Cooler Master Hyper 103 or similar
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) 2x Oldell 24" 1920x1200
Case Bitfenix Nova white windowless non-mesh
Audio Device(s) E-mu 1212m PCI
Power Supply Seasonic G-360
Mouse Logitech Marble trackball, never had a mouse
Keyboard Key Tronic KT2000, no Win key because 1994
Software Oldwin
If we take AI into account, is it still true that the sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant, while the population keeps growing?

System Name Regular PC | Server HP Z440
Processor 9700k | E5-2698v3
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X-CF | Stock mobo
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5 rev. B | Stock HS
Memory 32 GB (8x4) | 112 GB (8x2 + 16x6)
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super | K4000
Storage 970 EVO+ 1TB | 860 1TB x2
Display(s) XV340CK x2, 1080p x2
Power Supply Corsair RM750x | Corsair RM750e
Software Windows | Proxmox 7
System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't want a computer to drive my car, thank you. ;)

It's not about genes. It's about education. Smart people pay more attention to give their kids a proper upbringing. Have you heard the term "look at the mother, marry the daughter" before? It exists for a reason. Parents are the no.1 role models for every child.

And the purpose is simple: to care more about the planet and our fellow human beings. A society of smarter people is a better place to live in.

More automation=less intelligence

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Last one I saw was just another speeding nut case :laugh:

Yep well latey on most Computers now I see we are fighting A.I. Copilot seems to have a hidden agenda. I seen many times it switches the main broswer to edge reguardless if your default is chrome. Microsoft wants you do use their version of chrome all the time. I personally cannot stand how Edge tries so dame hard to take over everything. I cannot stand even new computers open edge and bang MSN ad's everywhere have to turn all the BS off. Also It loves to run in the background all the time have to turn that off as well. Microsoft has returned to it's old 90's days when it thinks it's better than everyone else. I remember the lawsuits in the 90's.

System Name Purple Haze | Vacuum Box
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (-30 CO) | Intel® Xeon® E3-1241 v3
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Cooling Dark Rock 4 Pro, P14, P12, T30 case fans | 212 Evo & P12 PWM PST x2, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans
Memory 32GB Ballistix (Micron E 19nm) CL16 @3733MHz | 32GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz (XMP)
Video Card(s) AMD 6900XTXH ASRock OC Formula & Phanteks T30x3 | AMD 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+ & Arctic P12x2
Storage ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB, Toshiba P300 3TB x2 | Kingston A400 120GB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 256GB
Display(s) Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27", AOC 24G2U
Case Modded MS Industrial Titan II Pro RGB | Heavily Modded Cooler Master Q500L
Audio Device(s) Audient iD14 MKII, Adam Audio T8Vs, Bloody M550, HiFiMan HE400se, Tascam TM-80
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 1000M | Enermax Revolution X't 730W (both with P14 fans)
Mouse Logitech G305, Bloody A91, Amazon basics, Logitech M187
Keyboard Redragon K530, Bloody B930, Epomaker TH80 SE, BTC 9110
Software W10 LTSC 21H2
A society of smarter people is a better place to live in.
But harder to rule and control. That's why keeping people in poverty is the main key, the other one is media brainwashing. So as a result you have a society that's working against itself, creating a generations of puppets one after another. Until we kill each other fighting over a slice of bread or a philosophical dispute, doesn't matter.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Case Corsair 7000D
Software Windows 10 Pro
Hi,
Last one I saw was just another speeding nut case :laugh:
But harder to rule and control. That's why keeping people in poverty is the main key, the other one is media brainwashing. So as a result you have a society that's working against itself, creating a generations of puppets one after another. Until we kill each other fighting over a slice of bread or a philosophical dispute, doesn't matter.
We'll kill each other over a book, idol or symbol first.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
This discussion got really philosophical and edgy considering that the news is just about MS doing a silly move once again with replacing a button on a keyboard.
Gotta love TPU.

System Name Gungnir
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X @1.25v
Motherboard ASUS TUF B650M-PLUS WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assasin 120 SE Black
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 CL36 5600MHz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 6800XT Merc 319 @1.1v @2600MHz clock @2140MHz vram freq. (surprisingly stable)
Storage 1TB WD SN770 | 2TB WD Blue SATA III SSD
Display(s) 1440p 165Hz VA
Case Lian Li Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80Ohm
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
Keyboard Keychron V6
VR HMD The bane of my existence (Oculus Quest 2)
I am mostly worried by how easy it is to manipulate and camouflage advertisements through said algorithms if configured correctly, we cannot rely on them for unbiased information, hell not even for correct information. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan this is lame, I would've never thought that technological revolutions would be something that would make me worried, tech should be cool dammit! Cool!

Software Windows 10 Pro
But harder to rule and control.
But there's less need for it to be controlled as smarter people need less control to function properly. So I get what you're saying, more dumb robots disguised as humans = governments and mega corporations justify their own existence more easily and continue their parasitic practices.