• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Jensen Huang's 2024 Prediction: "Every Industry Will Become a Technology Industry"

Our only hope lies in Intel now
Intel has been doing great in the GPU market. Only hope though? That might be a stretch. They have forced NVidia & AMD to be much more competitive, which has driven price down and forced them to do better! This has been and will likely continue to be very good for us.

It's accessible for those with fat wallets. For everyone it became opposite, and I dare to say, it's far beyond being accessible at all.
Entire intustry has moved from client/consumer oriented, to server/corporation oriented, where all the money are located. With the end goal to put everyone into forced subscription service. This seems to be the last days of consumer/DIY hardware.
I agree, companies have gotten too greedy,especially Nvidia, Jensen has the arrogance to tell consumers prices cannot go down, and that the focus is no longer on consumer graphics even though making graphics cards gamers want to buy is how Nvidia got to be successful.
You can't build a PC that is as nearly as cheap as a console, there is too much compromise building a lower end PC, and many newer games on PC require higher end hardware that most people simply can't afford. I really don't like the idea of game streaming as you never own the hardware, and it's yet another subscription service, also streaming games isn't possible for anyone that doesn't have a decent ISP or has a bandwidth cap.

A handheld device like a Steamdeck or Ally is only viable for those that want to use a handheld, most people aren't going to use one as their main gaming system.