• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Samsung Elevates Your Gaming Experience with the Award-Winning Odyssey Neo G9

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
Samsung Electronics continues to redefine the boundaries of immersive gaming with the Odyssey Neo G9 (G95NC), which has garnered widespread acclaim and numerous awards for its unparalleled performance and innovation. The Odyssey Neo G9 set a new standard with its 57-inch Dual UHD display, combining unmatched visual clarity with cutting-edge technology to deliver an immersive gaming experience as well as boosts in productivity. This state-of-the-art monitor is the equivalent of having two 32-inch monitors in one unit, with a 1000R curved screen for maximum immersion.

With Quantum Matrix Technology, coupled with a lightning-fast 240 Hz refresh rate and 1 ms response time, the Odyssey Neo G9 also offers vibrant visuals, precise control and seamless action in every frame. The Odyssey Neo G9 has received high marks from media, such as Newsweek and Techaeris, with the latter recognizing it as the "world's first dual UHD monitor that delivers in spades." In fact, the Odyssey Neo G9 earned a spot in Techaeris' 'Best of 2023' category, underscoring the Odyssey Neo G9's impressive performance and features that make the monitor a standout choice for gamers.

Embracing the Future of Gaming With Peak Performance
In terms of gaming, Pocket-lint hailed the Odyssey Neo G9 as a "spec-shattering" beast, saying "no other product at the time of writing will offer you the experience that the Neo G9 is capable of delivering." Techaeris noted the monitor's unparalleled performance that's "off the charts," while Newsweek called the Neo G9 "a powerhouse that takes your setup to the next level."

The Odyssey Neo G9 is the next generation of gaming monitors, positioning itself as the gaming monitor of choice for enthusiasts looking to enhance their gaming experience. The monitor, with 1,000 nits peak brightness, 1 ms latency (GTG) and a suite of features such as AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, offers peak performance that promises to keep your setup cutting-edge for years to come.

Odyssey Neo G9: A Productivity Powerhouse
The Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 transcends traditional gaming monitors by merging unparalleled gaming performance with productivity-enhancing features. Being the equivalent of having two 32-inch UHD monitors side by side—without the bezel in the middle to interfere—implications for multi-tasking and enhanced productivity are great.

Techaeris hailed the monitor's expansive screen, which is a standout feature for video and photo editors, offering a broad canvas that significantly reduces side-scrolling and enhances creative productivity: "I should also mention that video and photo editing is incredible, especially video editing on such a wide display… It's a massive plus for video and photo editors." Newsweek referred to the device as "a massive monitor that is perfect for gaming and productivity." Pocket-lint also noted the Odyssey Neo G9 as "an object of pure luxury, designed to dominate your vision while providing an unmatched experience of immersion while gaming and working."

A Legacy of Gaming Monitor Design, Optimized for Everyday Use
Beyond its performance, the Odyssey Neo G9's futuristic design and customizable lighting effects set it apart as a desirable centerpiece for both gaming and workspace setups.

Newsweek noted, "The rear is shiny white around the CoreSync light orb that can sync to the game or a lighting choice to immerse you in your game more."

Additionally, with tilt, 15-degree swivel and height adjustment options, the Odyssey Neo G9 allows users to customize their setup to ensure optimal comfort—for both gaming and productivity. For more information on the Samsung Odyssey Neo G9, visit samsung.com.

List of Featured Articles (In alphabetical order):

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
I think I am in a marketing induced coma. This… is a hell of a press release. At least I learned that the lint in my pocket finds this monitor quite impressive, apparently, so that’s good, I guess.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Ok..

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
If I had the money, this is what I'd game on....unless we're talking billionaire money, because then I'm doing whatever is necessary to get my hands on my dream monitor: 40" 5120x2160 120-175hz QD-OLED (slightly better pixel density than a 32" 3840x2160) with freesync premium....or, If I'm really dreaming, it's a 6880x2880 45" monitor (better pixel density than 4k @ 27")

Last edited:
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
"Elevates Your Gaming Experience"

Yep, AND your debt-to-income ratio, into major negative territory, hehehe :)

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
Cooling Corsair iCUE H115i Elite Capellix 280mm
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming OC Edition
Storage Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF
Case Corsair iCUE 4000X
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Platinum
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 - Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2 Low-Profile Rapidfire
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)
I need (not want) a 38" 3840x1600 with 240Hz-360Hz, OLED 3rd Gen (duh) with say, mmm, 1500 curve (or make the curve adjustable) first manufacturer that does it, will get my money.

And if your stupid GPU's aren't powerful enough without sucking a whole power plant dry nVidia, you can go screw yourselves, I'll wait another 5 years.