• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Introduces Loop Stainless Steel Gauge Card

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
EK, the renowned premium liquid cooling gear manufacturer, is proud to unveil its latest accessory that promises to streamline the assembly process for enthusiasts and professionals alike: the EK-Loop Stainless Steel Gauge Card. Crafted from durable stainless steel and designed for simplicity, this handy tool is an essential accessory for anyone involved in water cooling. Its primary function serves to drastically simplify the search for the correct assembly parts, ensuring that users can effortlessly find compatible components. Multifunctional by design yet primarily aimed at enhancing the water cooling experience, the EK-Loop Gauge Card is the accessory you didn't know you needed—until now.

Preventing Assembly Errors Before They Happen
With the Gauge Card, measuring and matching bolt and nut sizes becomes effortless. It accurately determines the bolt size and length for any component, including nut size measurements for M2.5, M3, and M4 nuts. This guarantees compatibility and ease of assembly across a wide range of components. The card also allows for the identification of different screw diameters (M4, M3.5, M3, M2.5, M2) and screw dimensions effortlessly, making it more straightforward to select the right parts for your build. Screw length identification up to 30 mm further ensures precise fitting and optimal security of components, while the tool aids in avoiding the insertion of the wrong bolts in the wrong places - thus preventing potential damage to sensitive PCBs. Moreover, the EK-Loop Gauge Card aids in the determination of Allen key sizes (2, 2.5, 6, 8, 9), simplifying the search for the right tool for the job.

The left side half-circles, designed for tube measurements of 12, 14, and 16 mm (OD), cater specifically to the most common tubing sizes used in water cooling systems. This feature enables precise matching and compatibility checks for tubing, ensuring seamless integration into the cooling loop.

The top side of the EK-Loop Stainless Steel Gauge Card features a half cutout for G1/4" threads, specifically designed to help users visualize and measure the space that G1/4" threaded ports will occupy in a water cooling loop, aiding in spatial planning and component placement. But, more importantly, it shows the maximum thread depth that is compatible with all EK products.

Sleek Design, Powerful Functionality
The brilliance of the EK-Loop Stainless Steel Gauge Card lies not just in its functionality but also in its form. No larger than a credit card, this sleek, portable tool fits perfectly in your wallet, toolkit, or workspace, ensuring it's always within reach when you need it most. Its real power, however, is its ability to prevent common assembly errors that plague even the most experienced builders.

The EK-Loop Stainless Steel Gauge Card is more than just a measuring tool; it's an indispensable companion for anyone dedicated to creating the most efficient, reliable, and visually stunning water cooling systems.

Availability and Pricing
The EK-Loop Stainless Steel Gauge Card was designed in Slovenia, Europe, and is available for order through the EK Webshop. In the table below, you can see the manufacturer-suggested retail price (MSRP), VAT included.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

I remember MNPCTech used to offer a ruler that was far more useful than this as it came with slots to measure screw threads as well. Even nVidia used to offer a fun little ruler.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
Don't ever buy any "tool" branded by a PC company....buy from a Tool company....it'll be a quarter of the price AND better quality. It's like those people who buy LED strips from phanteks or corsair, what are you thinking?

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
In the table below, you can see the manufacturer-suggested retail price (MSRP), VAT included.
I don't see the table, but I bought some of these a while back from the local hardware store for about $5 for a set of 3, each with different sets of measurements for all kinds of screws, nuts, bolts, nails, threads, & hole sizes, as well as comparison charts that showed the relationship between I.D. & O.D. sizes :)

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
I don't see the table, but I bought some of these a while back from the local hardware store for about $5 for a set of 3, each with different sets of measurements for all kinds of screws, nuts, bolts, nails, threads, & hole sizes, as well as comparison charts that showed the relationship between I.D. & O.D. sizes :)
Hi,
Yeah this item here seems to be so limited you'd have to wonder why someone would buy it but then again they would be limited as well hehe

System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro
I remember MNPCTech used to offer a ruler that was far more useful than this as it came with slots to measure screw threads as well. Even nVidia used to offer a fun little ruler.
yeah I have a ruler somewhere that had wire gauges and a bunch of other stuff on it too.

yeah I have a ruler somewhere that had wire gauges and a bunch of other stuff on it too.
I have a cheap ruler(Stainless steel) that I had purchased from hardware store and it has conversion table, tap drill measurements and WW UNF measurements.