• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech G Unveils the PRO X 60 Gaming Keyboard Featuring Keycontrol Technology

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Today, Logitech G, a brand of Logitech and leading innovator of gaming technologies and gear, announced the Logitech G PRO X 60 LIGHTSPEED Gaming Keyboard, a compact, professional-grade keyboard that liberates valuable space to meet the evolving needs of pro-gamers.

Pro esports athletes demand the absolute best equipment to improve their competitive play. The 60 percent keyboard form factor has become increasingly popular among pros because it leaves more space for the dynamic mouse movements required for pro-level FPS competition. A 60 percent keyboard is easier to position perfectly for maximum performance, easily fitting into their competition space, and it's also easier for players to carry to and from tournaments.

"The PRO X 60 is the perfect fit for players who need a keyboard that can adapt to any setup and condition. It's also super easy to carry around when traveling. I love it." said Michaela 'mimi' Lintrup, G2 Esports, Valorant.

While smaller format keyboards are great for competitive play, they can lack critical keys that some pro players need. To solve this, the PRO X 60 introduces an innovative new technology, KEYCONTROL, to provide gamers with customization capabilities far beyond what a standard keyboard delivers.

"We have years of experience designing and building keyboards and switches for and with pro gamers,' stated Brent Barry, Head of Esports and PRO Series at Logitech G. "Through our unique collaboration with players, we gathered important insights that played a key role in our design of the PRO X 60 and highlighted the need for KEYCONTROL. This new capability has everything a Pro player could want: a compact, portable form factor, combined with advanced new technologies all designed to give them the equipment and performance they need to win."

KEYCONTROL was developed to broaden the keyboard's capabilities beyond that of a standard full-sized keyboard. A user-friendly tool enabled in GHUB, KEYCONTROL grants players significantly more customization options by allowing them to assign up to 15 functions per key and tailor their keyboard to their unique style. When combined with G-SHIFT, an advanced feature that players can assign to almost any button (like a mouse side button to an action), players can activate the new layer of keys and get quick access to any key or command directly under their left hand and WASD keys, or any other programmable key on the keyboard. This means the missing critical keys are right where you need them, ensuring lightning-fast access to essential commands and propelling gamers to victory.

"I love the original PRO keyboard, but now that my game has evolved, I wanted something smaller to allow for more space on my desktop for my mouse without losing all the key functions," said Emma "Emy" Choe, FlyQuest RED, CounterStrike 2, "Now that I have the PRO X 60 with KEYCONTROL, I have more room for flick shots, all while being able to tailor my layout so I don't miss any keys. I can't wait to use this in competition."

The PRO X 60 also features the trusted performance and reliability of Logitech G's LIGHTSPEED wireless technology. LIGHTSPEED wireless was designed to be as fast as wired but also extremely robust, even in the most difficult environments.

When a pro player competes at a tournament, thousands of people often surround them with RF-generating devices such as mobile phones, production cameras, and various networks. Logitech tests LIGHTSPEED in a cutting-edge anechoic chamber that generates equivalent radio frequency interference to ensure our LIGHTSPEED wireless protocol functions flawlessly. Pro players can trust that their clicks and swipes will be registered precisely, enabling them to perform at their best.

"It's super important to have a reliable and fast connection when you're competing because you want to have the least amount of input lag possible when you're in a competitive scenario. Having a really fast wireless connection can be the difference between winning and losing at the highest level," said Evan "Verhulst" Verhulst, TSM, Apex Legends.

The PRO X 60 is available with GX Optical switches in both tactile and linear configurations, offering faster actuation than standard mechanical switches for faster gameplay. Unlike mechanical switches, GX Optical actuates through the power of light, instantly sending your command, eliminating the debounce required by mechanical switches. With precision and speed, the signal is unleashed the moment you engage. The switches are also factory-lubricated and designed to provide a satisfying gaming and typing experience.

Additional features in the PRO X 60 keyboard include:
  • Dual-shot PBT keycaps
  • LIGHTSYNC RGB lighting
  • Game mode switch
  • Volume roller and media controls
  • Bluetooth
  • 2:1 LIGHTSPEED Adapter
  • Semi-hard carrying case

Pricing and Availability
Available in Black, White, and Pink, the PRO X 60 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Keyboard is available for pre-order now at LogitechG.com for $179 US and €229. It will be available from major participating retailers in late April. For more information, please visit LogitechG.com.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470-Pro
Cooling bequiet! Dark Rock Slim
Memory 64 GB ECC DDR4 2666 MHz (Samsung M391A2K43BB1-CTD)
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 1080 SC Gaming, 8 GB
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO, 4 TB Lexar NM790, 12 TB WD HDDs
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty
Power Supply Seasonic X-Series 560W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Glorious GMMK
I just don't get these types of keyboards, and I'm thinking about the layout here. OK, so you don't want a full-size keyboard, but this monstrosity??!

EDIT: Fixed typo.

Last edited:
System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
Keychron currently has their Q4 Pro on sale for $155.

Wireless, Full Aluminium Shell, ANSI Layout, Hotswap, Open Source Software.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
I just don't get these types of keyboards, and I'm thinking about the layout here. OKm so you don't want a full-size keyboard, but this monstrosity??!
Me either, but da gamr bois want what gamr bois want, and since this thing is made primarily for them, more kiddie-sized powah to 'em :D

But you'd be hard pressed to get me to pay $179 for a FULL SIZED KB, let alone this chopped off slab clunker....

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470-Pro
Cooling bequiet! Dark Rock Slim
Memory 64 GB ECC DDR4 2666 MHz (Samsung M391A2K43BB1-CTD)
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 1080 SC Gaming, 8 GB
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO, 4 TB Lexar NM790, 12 TB WD HDDs
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty
Power Supply Seasonic X-Series 560W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Glorious GMMK

Just got a K 10 Pro at work. Awesome keyboard!

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua U12S
Memory 32GB @ 3600 CL18
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT
Storage WD Black SN850(1TB), WD Black NVMe 2018(500GB), WD Blue SATA(2TB)
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G9
Case Be Quiet! Silent Base 802
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME-GX-1000

To be fair, the Keychron Q Pro keyboards are only bluetooth. Need to go up to Q Max(~$200) or down to V Max(~$100) to get true 2.4ghz wireless.

It's hard to compare this logitech to most keychron keyboards to this one due to the optical switches, but in terms of quality of materials involved, this Logitech keyboard is probably closest to the V2 max, currently $94($74 barebone). Not really a surprise, all gaming keyboards are typically overpriced. Corsair, Razer, Logitech, etc. all have at least a $20-100 gamer markup.

I like the knob placement a lot, much better than sticking out in the top right corner.

Meh I wouldn't buy something like this from Logi and I really don't like bending my wrist for these full height keyboards. Been using slimmer designs now, currently Keychron K1 SE with brown optical switches it's just awesome there is no going back imo.

Real gamers don't want this, they want a $30 keyboard they can spray Windex on and wipe off with a towel.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 \Paradigm 7se MKII, Paradigm 5SE MK1 , Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Not seeing any thing special about it what so ever, even the video sucked ha.

System Name Stugots V
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright PA-120 Black
Memory 2 x 16GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual RTX 4070
Storage 500GB WD SN750 | 2TB WD SN750 | 6TB WD Red +
Display(s) Dell S2716DG (1440p / 144Hz)
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element | Audioengine HD3 + A8 | Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro (250)
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Leopold FC750R
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Real gamers don't want this, they want a $30 keyboard they can spray Windex on and wipe off with a towel.

Or a mech w/ PBT caps than laugh in the face of Isopropyl Alcohol ;)

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
Where are the arrow keys?!
On small boards like this one, the arrow keys are usually there, but as secondary functions - example: on the I, J, K, and L keys wherein each key represents a direction - J would be left arrow, K would be down, etc. If you wanted to use them, you'd press FN + I, J, K or L.

Honestly, if you needed the dedicated arrow keys, TKL, full-size or even 65/75% are all better options.

At least Logitech has finally discovered PBT keycaps so the keys don't wear out in a few years with moderate amount of gaming.
Now if only they would discover hotswap and aluminum. Im not even saying all construction should be alu and all keys should be hot swappable but the most important parts should be. Especially for the price they're asking.

In the past they had the excuse of Romer-G switches that were proprietary but now that they use Cherry compatible switches there's no excuse.

System Name Merc v8
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 with Arctic fans
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Flare X F5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X PLUS
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB, &2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 34GP950G-B
Case Caselabs Mercury S8
Audio Device(s) Some Schiit with Edifier S351DB
Power Supply Seasonic TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker TH80 SE (Silent Red switches)
Software W11Pro
That's way too much for too little. And not even dedicated cursor keys. I do like the placement of the volume roller.

I use the Ducky One 2 SF at work as I mostly type stuff and for that these small boards are superb. Although, I keep a separate numpad nearby for the numbers stuff.