• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Unveils New EK-Quantum Momentum² Quad RAM Module Set D-RGB For DDR4 and DDR5

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
EK, a leader in premium liquid cooling solutions, proudly unveils the EK-Quantum Momentum² Quad RAM Module Set D-RGB, an advanced cooling solution meticulously designed for effective thermal management of DDR4 and DDR5 memory modules. This comprehensive set includes a water block capable of covering four RAM sticks with aluminium heatsinks, integrating high-quality cooling efficiency with dynamic RGB lighting to enhance both the performance and visual appeal of any high-end computing setup. The system is specifically engineered to support configurations with four RAM sticks, optimizing cooling for modern high-performance memory arrays.

Enhanced Cooling and Sophisticated Design
The EK-Quantum Momentum² Quad RAM Module Set D-RGB accommodates both single and double-sided DDR4 and DDR5 memory modules, ensuring versatility across different RAM configurations. It features four sleek, black, anodized aluminium heatsinks with an elox finish for enhanced durability and corrosion resistance. This treatment not only improves the heatsinks' appearance but also boosts their thermal conductivity and cooling effectiveness.

Mounted over these heatsinks is the water block, featuring a nickel-plated copper cold plate and a transparent plexi top with the signature EK Quantum design element, an acetal stand-out piece. Additionally, it is equipped with two G1/4 ports to ensure versatile system integration. This setup not only enhances cooling efficiency but also showcases the premium quality and visual aesthetics that are hallmarks of the EK Quantum series.

Dynamic Lighting
The aesthetics of the EK-Quantum Momentum² Quad RAM Module Set D-RGB are elevated by 14 individually addressable D-RGB LEDs. These LEDs provide uniform and striking illumination across the water block, allowing for a wide range of color customization and lighting effects. The individually addressable RGB LED is compatible with popular RGB sync technologies from all major motherboard manufacturers, enabling seamless integration and synchronization with your system's overall theme, bringing a vibrant and dynamic flair to your memory modules.

EK-Matrix7 Compatibility
The EK-Quantum Momentum² Quad RAM Module Set D-RGB aligns with the EK-Matrix7 standard, embodying a modular design approach that ensures a 7 mm increment in product and port dimensions for easier tube routing and a streamlined look in custom loop liquid cooling systems. This standard not only simplifies the installation process but also enhances the aesthetic and functional harmony within the system, ensuring a perfect fit with other EK-Quantum components.

RAM Compatibility
This water block is compatible with both single and double-sided memory modules and is designed for use with four RAM sticks.
  • DDR4 and DDR5
  • RAM slot spacing: 8.88 mm and 9.14 mm

Availability and Pricing
Designed in Slovenia, Europe, the EK-Quantum Momentum² Quad RAM Module Set D-RGB is now available for purchase through the EK Webshop or EK Partner Reseller Network. the EK-Quantum Momentum² Quad RAM Module Set D-RGB is priced at €174.90, inc. VAT.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master V1 (X470)
Cooling individual EKWB/Heatkiller loop
Memory 4*8 GB 3600 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 5700XT
Storage SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0x4, 2 TB PCIe 3.0
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Audio Device(s) Hifiman, Topping DAC/KHV
Power Supply Seasonic 850W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX2, Logitech MX Ergo Trackball
Keyboard Cherry Stream Wireless, Logitech MX Keys
Software Linux Mint "Vera" Cinnamon
It's not mentioned that one needs also the Modules mounted onto the Memory for additional 35€. So the price is in total >200€. To be honest. I don't see even one reason to buy that kit instead of the also new Alphacool one costing the half (93 €). I must be drunken or a real EKWB fanboy to take it.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MEG ACE
Cooling Corsair XC7 Block / Corsair XG7 Block EK 360PE Radiator EK 120XE Radiator 8x EK Vadar Furious Fans
Memory 64GB TeamGroup T-Create Expert DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio
Storage 1TB WD Black SN850 / 4TB Inland Premium / 8TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW / ASUS TUF VG279QM
Case Lian-Li Dynamic 011 XL ROG
Audio Device(s) Razer Nommo Pro Speakers / Creative AE-9 w/ Audio-Technica ATH-R70X
Power Supply EVGA P2 1200W Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper, Logitech G600
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
With all the other stuff going on with EK, their increasing prices, and lack of quality products I have experience recently, it is not the same EKWB I started using 15 years ago. I have been looking more into Bitspower, Alphacool, Corsair, and other vendors for my water cooling needs.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Watercooling
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Royal 2x16GB
Video Card(s) MSi RTX 3080ti Suprim X
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600 PRO Hydro X
Display(s) Samsung G7 27" x2
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500W
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Steelseries Apex Pro
It's not mentioned that one needs also the Modules mounted onto the Memory for additional 35€. So the price is in total >200€. To be honest. I don't see even one reason to buy that kit instead of the also new Alphacool one costing the half (93 €). I must be drunken or a real EKWB fanboy to take it.
What do you mean? According to the product page this is a complete package for mounting four dram modules in a custom loop. Heatsinks for the modules, thermal pads, allen key, the cooling block itself.

Don't get me wrong, I am not remotely enough of an EK fanboy to consider this product

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master V1 (X470)
Cooling individual EKWB/Heatkiller loop
Memory 4*8 GB 3600 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 5700XT
Storage SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0x4, 2 TB PCIe 3.0
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Audio Device(s) Hifiman, Topping DAC/KHV
Power Supply Seasonic 850W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX2, Logitech MX Ergo Trackball
Keyboard Cherry Stream Wireless, Logitech MX Keys
Software Linux Mint "Vera" Cinnamon
What do you mean? According to the product page this is a complete package for mounting four dram modules in a custom loop. Heatsinks for the modules, thermal pads, allen key, the cooling block itself.

Don't get me wrong, I am not remotely enough of an EK fanboy to consider this product
Usually one needs one or two of such packs. This will be mounted onto the cooler. I got DDR5 RAM from Alphacool. For 2 bars they did cost me in total 95€. They are designed in Germany and produced in China. EKWB is designed in Slovakia/Slovenia and produced in China. I don't see any reason why i should spend almost the double or more for the same.Even if you take only the advertized set you could get the double. For CPU- and GPU-Coolers it's the same. The price politics of EKWB is insane. They must have a lot of debts or money needs to charge that prices. Also they need a lot of braindead fanboys.

I mean, it certainly looks and I’m sure it performs well, but as usual the price isn’t justified. EK should focus on improving themselves as a company instead of dumping resources into promotions and new products.

System Name Bay2- Lowerbay/ HP 3770/T3500-2+T3500-3+T3500-4/ Opti-Con/Orange/White/Grey
Processor i3 2120's/ i7 3770/ x5670's/ i5 2400/Ryzen 2700/Ryzen 2700/R7 3700x
Motherboard HP UltraSlim's/ HP mid size/ Dell T3500 workstation's/ Dell 390/B450 AorusM/B450 AorusM/B550 AorusM
Cooling All stock coolers/Grey has an H-60
Memory 2GB/ 4GB/ 12 GB 3 chan/ 4GB sammy/T-Force 16GB 3200/XPG 16GB 3000/Ballistic 3600 16GB
Video Card(s) HD2000's/ HD 2000/ 1 MSI GT710,2x MSI R7 240's/ HD4000/ Red Dragon 580/Sapphire 580/Sapphire 580
Storage ?HDD's/ 500 GB-er's/ 500 GB/2.5 Samsung 500GB HDD+WD Black 1TB/ WD Black 500GB M.2/Corsair MP600 M.2
Display(s) 1920x1080/ ViewSonic VX24568 between the rest/1080p TV-Grey
Case HP 8200 UltraSlim's/ HP 8200 mid tower/Dell T3500's/ Dell 390/SilverStone Kublai KL06/NZXT H510 W x2
Audio Device(s) Sonic Master/ onboard's/ Beeper's!
Power Supply 19.5 volt bricks/ Dell PSU/ 525W sumptin/ same/Seasonic 750 80+Gold/EVGA 500 80+/Antec 650 80+Gold
Mouse cheap GigaWire930, CMStorm Havoc + Logitech M510 wireless/iGear usb x2/MX 900 wireless kit 4 Grey
Keyboard Dynex, 2 no name, SYX and a Logitech. All full sized and USB. MX900 kit for Grey
Software Mint 18 Sylvia/ Opti-Con Mint KDE/ T3500's on Kubuntu/HP 3770 is Win 10/Win 10 Pro/Win 10 Pro/Win10
Benchmark Scores World Community Grid is my benchmark!!
They also need to learn how to run a business.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Watercooling
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Royal 2x16GB
Video Card(s) MSi RTX 3080ti Suprim X
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600 PRO Hydro X
Display(s) Samsung G7 27" x2
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500W
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Steelseries Apex Pro
Usually one needs one or two of such packs. This will be mounted onto the cooler. I got DDR5 RAM from Alphacool. For 2 bars they did cost me in total 95€. They are designed in Germany and produced in China. EKWB is designed in Slovakia/Slovenia and produced in China. I don't see any reason why i should spend almost the double or more for the same.Even if you take only the advertized set you could get the double. For CPU- and GPU-Coolers it's the same. The price politics of EKWB is insane. They must have a lot of debts or money needs to charge that prices. Also they need a lot of braindead fanboys.
As I said before, this comes with four heatsinks in the box. But the EK tax is still around €50, assuming you need all four heatsinks. Otherwise you would save more money since Alphacool sell them in packs of two.
1715880896412.png

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
Another product that's only going to take up shelf space. Way to compound your current monetary woes ek.

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe, AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
Looking at the pictures and the manual I can already tell you there is a lack of problem-solving over the original monarch design and this is totally not worth it.

I used the original monarch design successfully with a fan for air cooling and documented some problems during that time. I would still be using it today but stopped using it after issue #1 below occurred to me and I had no available thermal pads to repair the installation.

1715915335659.png

1) insufficient mounting pressure

Without sufficient mounting pressure you will eventually rip the heatsinks off the ram module when removing it from the motherboard. (worst case scenario)
or
You will mess up your module alignment as the modules shift with the heat spreader from the pulling force (most likely case scenario)

2) uneven mounting pressure

No way of regulating even pressure across the module. Depending on the thickness of your module (especially dual sided modules) and pads this may lead to angled contact / \ across the ram module or more straight contact | | with not enough mounting pressure trying to correct the problem.

3) flatness

I can't see anything about the ram module heatsinks that help maintain rigidity against bending and warping.

4) consistency in memory module alignment

All I can say is a lot of trial and error to get the modules aligned with each other. There is no precision guidance to the installation of the module whatsoever.

5) these can only sufficiently cool single sided modules (additional airflow in a 2 module configuration needed, forget it for a 4 module config)

Double sided modules will run hotter on the other side that does not have the base to make contact with the block.

Last edited:
System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
They need to come up with something to clear the current EK situation, not this piece of something only 3 people on Earth would actually use.