• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Brings 57-inch Dual 4K Mini LED Gaming Monitor to Computex 2024

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
This might be the gaming monitor some of you have been waiting for, as Cooler Master has pulled out all the stops with its GP57ZS monitor that the company was showing at Computex. Apart from being a massive 57-inches, the monitor offers dual 4K resolution, or 7680 x 2160 pixels, which are lit up by a 2304-zone Mini LED backlight. We've seen similar displays from both Samsung and Acer. Cooler Master is clearly using the same VA panel as the previously mentioned companies and you also get the same 1000R curvature here, which means the GP57ZS isn't going to be for everyone. Cooler Master didn't provide any refresh rate details, nor the types of inputs that will be on offer.

In addition to this, Cooler Master also showed off a pair of new 27-inch models, both sporting a 2560 x 1440 resolution. The cheaper GM27QP gets a 1500R curved 160 Hz VA panel and HDR400 support, as well as a DP 1.4 and two HDMI 2.0 inputs. It also gets to make do with basic Adaptive Sync VRR, but it does have gaming features like crosshair, an FPS counter and black stabilisation. The more premium GP27QP on the other hand gets a flat display panel of unknown type with a 240 Hz refresh rate, which is illuminated by an 1152 zone Mini LED backlight. Typical brightness is 350 nits and the contrast ratio is 2500:1, but the display is also HDR1000 certified. Connectivity is seriously upgraded here with two DP 1.4 and two HDMI 2.1 inputs, as well as a USB Type-C input that also delivers 96 Watts of USB PD power. In addition to this, there's also a USB Type-B input and three USB Type-A outputs. For some reason it seems like Cooler Master has stuck with Adaptive Sync on this model too, but this model does at least gain support for Picture-in-Picture and Picture-by-Picture support.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

At that horizontal size, they might as well just increase the vertical size by 25-30% and make the overall monitor shape partly spherical. Good monitor for flight sims & certain games/tasks(and desks that can support it), but not so much for anything else imo.

System Name LAMP 2017
Processor Intel Core i7-7700K
Motherboard MSI Z270I GAMING PRO CARBON AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory Crucial 2x8 GB DDR4-2400 CL17
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB, Samsung 870 QVO 8TB
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW
Case NCASE M1 V2
Audio Device(s) RME ADI-2 Pro, Neumann KH120A, Sennheiser HD800
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G303
Keyboard (varies)
All three of the dual 4Ks that are available/announced are marketed for gaming, but I feel like they're most useful for office productivity. After nearly two decades of software development using a triple monitor setup I gave the dual-monitor-equivalent ultrawides a shot and it's been a noticeable improvement. You don't realize how much intermediate bezels limit desktop efficiency til they're gone. One of these dual 4Ks will probably replace my Samsung CRG9 (a dual 1440P) as my work monitor later this year.

For gaming, my personal opinion is that the more traditional 21:9 ultrawides are the way to go for full screen immersion, excepting flight/racing sims. Still waiting for high refresh 5K2K ultrawides.

All three of the dual 4Ks that are available/announced are aimed at gaming, but I feel like they're most useful for office productivity. After nearly two decades of software development using a triple monitor setup I gave the dual-monitor-equivalent ultrawides a shot and it's been a noticeable improvement. You don't realize how much intermediate bezels limit desktop efficiency til they're gone. One of these dual 4Ks will probably replace my Samsung CRG9 (a dual 1440P) as my work monitor later this year.

For gaming, my personal opinion is that the more traditional 21:9 ultrawides are the way to go for full screen immersion, excepting flight/racing sims. Still waiting for high refresh 5K2K ultrawides.
Yeah, if you're constantly working with that much stuff open, one of these will make life much easier vs. having multiple monitors.

Sorry Cooler Master, but that monitor stand in shape of your logo just takes up too much space.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
All three of the dual 4Ks that are available/announced are marketed for gaming, but I feel like they're most useful for office productivity. After nearly two decades of software development using a triple monitor setup I gave the dual-monitor-equivalent ultrawides a shot and it's been a noticeable improvement. You don't realize how much intermediate bezels limit desktop efficiency til they're gone. One of these dual 4Ks will probably replace my Samsung CRG9 (a dual 1440P) as my work monitor later this year.

As an exowner of the CRG9 - I agree. For productivity, especially for multiple tasks at the same time, it's incredible. For gaming, eh - not so much - it's great for some open world games, pretty bad for other games, especially first person corridor shooters. A 21:9 is more comfortable for gaming.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE