• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Releases Arc GPU Graphics Drivers 101.5590 WHQL

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Intel on Friday (14/06) released the latest version of the Arc GPU Graphics Drivers. Version 101.5590 WHQL adds Game On (day-zero) optimization for Destiny 2: The Final Shape, and Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree. For the Arc A-series discrete GPUs, the drivers also enhance performance of a couple of older Direct3D 11 and Direct3D 10 titles. For Chivalry 2, you can expect up to 13% improved performance at 1080p with epic settings; while for the original Crysis (2007), performance can be up by 10% with very high settings. The drivers provide similar performance uplifts for the Arc Series integrated graphics in Core Ultra "Meteor Lake" processors, with up to 16% uplifts for Chivalry 2, and up to 6% for Crysis 2 (2011). An intermittent application crash with No Rest for the Wicked has been fixed.

DOWNLOAD: Intel Arc GPU Graphics Drivers 101.5590 WHQL

Gaming Highlights:
Intel Game On Driver support on Intel Arc A-series Graphics GPUs and Intel Core Ultra with built-in Intel Arc GPUs for:
  • Destiny 2: The Final Shape
  • Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree
Game performance improvements on Intel Arc A-Series Graphics Products versus Intel 31.0.101.5534 software driver for:
  • Chivalry 2 (DX11)
    • Up to 13% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Epic settings
  • Crysis (2007) (DX10)
    • Up to 10% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Very High settings
Game performance improvements on Intel Core Ultra with built-in Intel Arc GPUs versus Intel 31.0.101.5534 software driver for:
  • Chivalry 2 (DX11)
    • Up to 16% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Medium settings
  • Crysis 2 (2011) (DX11)
    • Up to 6% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Extreme settings
Fixed Issues:
Intel Arc A-Series Graphics Products:
  • No Rest for the Wicked (DX11) may experience an intermittent application crash during gameplay.
Known Issues:
Intel Arc A-Series Graphics Products:
  • No Man's Sky (VK) may experience an application crash during gameplay while changing window context with Alt + Tab.
  • Enshrouded (VK) may experience an application crash during gameplay.
  • Doom Eternal (VK) may exhibit intermittent flickering corruption in the game menu and during gameplay.
  • PugetBench Extended Preset Benchmark may fail to complete on certain Adobe Premiere Pro Processing Tests.
  • Topaz Video AI may experience errors when exporting videos after using some models for video enhancements.
Intel Core Ultra with built-in Intel Arc GPUs:
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection (DX12) may experience an application crash on loading to gameplay.
  • PugetBench Extended Preset Benchmark may fail to complete on certain Adobe Premiere Pro Processing Tests.
  • Topaz Video AI may experience errors on running certain benchmark tests.
  • Procyon AI may experience an application crash while running benchmark with precision float32.
  • Launching a game with Endurance Gaming engaged may result in VSync persisting on after disengaging Endurance Gaming during gameplay. A workaround is to relaunch the application.
Intel Core Processor (12th-14th Generation) Products:
  • Dragon Quest X Online (DX9) may experience sporadic application crash during gameplay.
  • We continuously strive to improve the quality of our products to better serve our users and appreciate feedback on any issues you discover and suggestions for future driver releases. If you have an issue to submit, please follow the guidance found here Default level information for reporting Graphics issues.
Intel Arc Control Known Issues:
  • Arc Control Studio capture recording file may become corrupted when the mouse cursor is enabled during HDR capture.
  • Schedule Updates for Drivers may not work intermittently.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Space Lynx

Astronaut
What does VK mean? Just curious.

1718445149422.png

Processor Intel 12600K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D15S; Case: 2xNoctua NF-A14, 1xNF-S12A.
Memory Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 @3600CL16 2*16GB
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 4080
Storage Samsung 970 Pro 512GB + Crucial MX500 500gb + WD Red 6TB
Display(s) Dell S2721qs
Case Phanteks P300A Mesh
Audio Device(s) Behringer UMC204HD
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 560W
Mouse Glorious Model D-
Processor i9-11900K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory 4x8GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Alienware RTX 3090 OEM
Storage OEM Kioxia 2tb NVMe (OS), 4TB WD Blue HDD (games)
Display(s) LG 27GN950-B
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance (black)
Audio Device(s) Logitech Pro X Wireless
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Elite 2
  • Crysis (2007) (DX10)
    • Up to 10% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Very High settings
That's interesting. IIRC Crysis requires some extra work to get running on modern Windows, so I find it a little odd the driver team even bothered.

ahriik

That's interesting. IIRC Crysis requires some extra work to get running on modern Windows, so I find it a little odd the driver team even bothered.
Yeah, I wonder what the driving factors are for the Arc team when choosing which pre-DX12/VK backlog titles to optimize for. Probably a combination of game popularity, determining common denominator optimizations, and more than likely just plain person preferences. The latter would definitely help explain some of the seemingly random titles we've seen get Arc optimizations. And frankly I think that's just fine - the backlog is far too massive to reasonably be able to address everything in any rational amount of time (especially since there are likely many games where the developer is effectively defunct or otherwise unable to provide any sort of technical assistance/documentation/commentary). No matter what titles they choose, someone is gonna get frustrated that their favorite pre-DX12 game STILL isn't properly supported. So I'd just focus on titles that I personally enjoy or offer some kind of enjoyable challenge, or maybe that just needs some low-hanging-fruit kind of fix.

Yeah, I wonder what the driving factors are for the Arc team when choosing which pre-DX12/VK backlog titles to optimize for. Probably a combination of game popularity, determining common denominator optimizations, and more than likely just plain person preferences. The latter would definitely help explain some of the seemingly random titles we've seen get Arc optimizations. And frankly I think that's just fine - the backlog is far too massive to reasonably be able to address everything in any rational amount of time (especially since there are likely many games where the developer is effectively defunct or otherwise unable to provide any sort of technical assistance/documentation/commentary). No matter what titles they choose, someone is gonna get frustrated that their favorite pre-DX12 game STILL isn't properly supported. So I'd just focus on titles that I personally enjoy or offer some kind of enjoyable challenge, or maybe that just needs some low-hanging-fruit kind of fix.
I would also say that any game that is being benchmarked by people doing Intel reviews - i.e. folks like BenchmarkBen.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Good marketing and PR.

We all know and respect Crysis. Improving performance by 10% makes the consumer feel confident that ARC can perform and that Battlemage will be a worthy contender.

ARC will soon be end-of-line, and with everyone thinking they are decent second performers, they'll get snapped up in the bargain bin. No OEM or retailer wants them hanging around on shelves once Battlemage is released.

And if Battlemage lands a little under par, reviewers will say that since ARC improved 10-50% over its lifetime with driver updates, then Battlemage will probably also perform better in 3 months than the initial benchmarks reviews.

Battlemage release date is still uncertain but I'm sure teasers in Q3, so Intel will start getting noisy soon.