• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Enhances Customer Support Following Gamers Nexus Investigation

Nomad76

News Editor
Staff member
ASUS has had issues with customer support, as reported following last month's investigation by Gamers Nexus. However, they are now promising several fixes. If you've been wrongly denied a warranty repair or charged for unnecessary service, ASUS wants you to email them at "executivecare@asus.com" using a predefined template (see below). It also promises to respond within a week and apologizes for past negative experiences, citing customer feedback as an opportunity for improvement. These cases will be handled directly by ASUS staff.

Getting into a bit more details, after criticism, ASUS executives met with Gamers Nexus staff face to face and agreed to a list of promises.

To recap several of ASUS' firm changes (as provided by Gamers Nexus):
  • ASUS now has a new inbox called "executivecare@asus.com" that they have created specifically to re-process prior RMAs that customers feel were unfairly classified, were misclassified, or charged for a service that should be free
  • ASUS has provided a template to copy and paste into your email to this address. We are showing it on the screen. You can visit gamersnexus.net to find a copy of this to copy and paste. We do not place third-party ads on our site. The link is below for the template.
  • ASUS has published a timeline for improvements: June 14th, today, is the publication of this email and template. ASUS has promised us an email this month with other changes.
  • ASUS has committed to refunds of service charges for unnecessary repairs which customers felt compelled to accept in order to have a warranted repair covered, such as unrelated or misclassified CID
  • ASUS has committed to refunding shipping charges in scenarios where a warranted repair was part of the RMA. For clarity, if a customer has both an out-of-warranty repair and an in-warranty repair in the same claim, shipping will be covered by ASUS
  • ASUS has committed to refunding labor and taxes related to these aforementioned qualifying disputes
  • ASUS has created a Task Force team to retroactively go back through a long history of customer surveys that were negative to try and fix the issues
  • ASUS has removed the power from the repair centers to claim CID. Now, CID claims must go through ASUS' team. This will remove some of the financial incentive to fail devices. There still is one, but now it won't be motivated as much by speed
  • ASUS is creating a new support center in the US. This will enable customers to choose between a repair of their board or a faster swap with a refurbished board. This solves an issue where refurbs were the only option in some scenarios previously
  • After over a year of refusing to acknowledge the microSD card reader failures on the ROG Ally, ASUS will be posting a formal statement next week about the defect, resulting from this series
  • ASUS will publish a more transparent repair report template in September of 2024
  • ASUS is changing the Advance RMA language to reduce emphasis on physical damage

Here's the email template provided by Asus that you can use when contacting executivecare@asus.com:
  • Your Name (as listed in your RMA):
  • RMA Number:
  • Serial Number:
  • RMA application country:
  • Please describe your previous RMA dispute:
  • Supporting Documents (e.g., charged invoice, quotation notification, photos):
  • Additional Feedback (optional):

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

This is still not enough. I am not seeing anything regarding sending new products back to people who have issues with new products.

What happened in this video must NEVER happen again, EVER

There is no excuse and if I had to deal with this, I would never purchase an ASUS product ever again.

To establish a strong foothold in any market, it is essential to welcome both positive feedback and constructive criticism. It is crucial to be open to implementing changes that prioritize exceptional customer service over financial gains. Making customer satisfaction a top priority is a significant stride in the right direction.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
ASUS is squirming under pressure. I hope Gamers Nexus follows up on ASUS issues to see if they are really sincere about changes.

ASUS is squirming under pressure. I hope Gamers Nexus follows up on ASUS issues to see if they are really sincere about changes.
I agree; the follow-up will tell if there is actual change. And GN has to either commend or say others in their findings.

Nomad76

News Editor
Staff member

They are...

we already have devices in their RMA centers under pseudonyms and plan to continue sampling them over the next 6-12 months so we can ensure these are permanent improvements

This is still not enough. I am not seeing anything regarding sending new products back to people who have issues with new products.

What happened in this video must NEVER happen again, EVER

There is no excuse and if I had to deal with this, I would never purchase an ASUS product ever again.
In India in early 2000s there was someone in charge of distribution and service of Shitsus products(now Shitsus has shifted service to someone equally scammy) and all the practices we have seen exposed by GamersNexus in US were prevalent here in India for nearly 20 years and it seems like the culture of that particular distributor has corrupted the entire Shitsus company. Good to know my last Shitsus motherboard was M2N32 and not buying their boards has turned out to be right choice all these years.

Yes, virtue signalling is an important part of PR.
Corporations are like an antisocial kid. They will try to steal your things and money, wholeheartedly apologize with tears dropping from their eyes when they get caught, proceed to continue stealing when the heat dies off.
I'm not talking figuratively, Google recently admitted they will steal your phone or parts of it if you send it for repair with any unauthorized parts inside. Asus does the same, and something tells me other companies follow the path of giants.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Title of this post is too conclusive, should read "ASUS claims to improve customer service after GN investigation". ASUS has made promises before and never held them up for long. Their RMA has been awful for a long time. It's not just their RMA process that needs work either. They don't seem to care about bugs or issues with their devices so long as they can't be sued for them.

Processor Ryzen 7700X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 w/ offset kit
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-6000 CL36 @ CL28
Video Card(s) ASUS x Noctua RTX 4080
Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB NVME + Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED 42C3 + Benq GW 2780-1
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR505 /w onboard audio
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 850W Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper 8K
Keyboard Ventaris K600
Honestly I'm only chooses ASUS after the GN roasting they AM5 boards.

I hardly can support what GN done in their YouTube channel.
Just check they viewer numbers, they deliberately making insulting and scandal-mongering videos and those got the most views.
Who cares about reviewing a VGA or mobo? Burning down ASUS mobo's, lying Linus and such low-level hate videos got much more attention (and view = cash).
The average Joe's click it and share it, that make even more views and uproar, even more money for GN...

The GN apologizes to ASUS when they make a not really accurate video how the AM5 CPU's burn down in ASUS boards?
Yea, actually the first such reported case happened in AsRock board and after that turned out the main problem is the 1.4V upper limit of the VSOC - set by AMD and lowered in AGESA microcode later.

I'm not a big fan before of ASUS (originally I plan to buy an AsRock mobo, have had MSI VGA, etc.), but after some dig up and many debate in different forums about "the ASUS is suck and they mobos burning down, don't buy it" rant I take a deep breath and buy an ASUS ROG B650E-E.
I have zero negative experience myself and have had positive experience about the ASUS support, so I choose them many times in the past year...

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
The way the hype train has built up across the forums is comical. Half of the guys who are bashing are not even customers lol.

Its like watching a flock of sheep head over the cliff, one at a time.

Call me a fanboy, I am ready.

I am not sure whether ASUS customer service are outsource or not in other countries.
Here in Asia it is so even if ASUS have change, it still dependent on the vendor/SI level of customer service.
I rather they provide a direct channel to ASUS when customer have a complaint or feedback.

Usually these complaints/feedback are managed by the vendor/SI which does not bother about them.
Cuz when they are contracted by the main company they just act accordingly to the SOP.
Example feedback about product improvement the vendor/SI will either route within their team
or just KIV onside.

ASUS side will not know about them since vendor/SI SOP does not include escalating to them.
I had to get this off my chest as this is the reason why I stop supporting ASUS products like notebook, router etc.
Level of customer service especially by the vendor is horrible.

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X h2o
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop, Arctic & Corsair fans
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF h2o
Storage ~3TB SSDs + 6TB external HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 + Lenovo 32" 4K60
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
The way the hype train has built up across the forums is comical. Half of the guys who are bashing are not even customers lol.

Agree. Nobody is bashing MSI anymore even though they had a somewhat similar shitstorm few years ago.

So people are required to own a product in order to criticize a company?
I personally don't see the point in paying the premium Asus charges compared to the competition when I can't rely on the product having a warranty or getting any helpful CS.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
So people are required to own a product in order to criticize a company?
I personally don't see the point in paying the premium Asus charges compared to the competition when I can't rely on the product having a warranty or getting any helpful CS.
I don't know, you tell me?

Does it feel good to bash something you don't know anything about?

To me you are one of those sheep jumping off the cliff. I don't bash companies that I don't use.

All I use are Asus boards, no problems, years, decades of 24/7 service, no need for RMA.

Auxityne

...what a weird thing to say.

On even the most individual basis, holding Asus to account in some public way might improve your RMA experience in the future if anything goes wrong. You're sitting there like "lmao look at these sheep rofl calling Asus out and potentially saving people from awful RMAs possibly even me someday hee hee"

Very strange outlook.

And yes, I am a (former) Asus customer who gave up because of their just... awful driver support.

System Name Z77 Rev. 1
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Water Cooling
Memory 2x G.Skill F3-2400C10D-16GTX
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080
Storage Samsung 850 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 28" UE590 UHD
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
Mouse EVGA TORQ X10
Keyboard Leopold Tenkeyless
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy: 7695
Agree. Nobody is bashing MSI anymore even though they had a somewhat similar shitstorm few years ago.
The thing I think is funny is that EVGA's 'excellent customer support' was doing the same thing, and worse. I'm not saying that industry can't be better, or one is good or one is bad, but why now? Why such a big deal now? They had nothing better to complain about? It really does seem like they are on that complain train.

I just don't understand why Steve is being so serious about this. Like arguing about a sentence for 10 minutes? And why others are thinking this is so serious.

Relax a bit.

To me you are one of those sheep jumping off the cliff. I don't bash companies that I don't use.

All I use are Asus boards, no problems, years, decades of 24/7 service, no need for RMA.
Why should I feel anything when criticizing a company for being anticonsumer? Asus is a multi-billion dollar company, I could care less if they went out of business. IMO Asus deserves all the bashing as their support has been terrible for years now, they've only gotten pressured into possibly changing after GN threatened them with getting the FTC involved. Until Asus actually changes and proves their RMA process has gotten better this is all marketing to manage their reputation.
Their boards are fine when they work, but when something breaks I'd rather buy from any other brand than pay the Asus tax and not get any decent support.

It's all part of internet rage. It's like when tech jesus went after newegg a year or two ago. I've been using newegg for 21 years with tens of thousands of $$ worth of purchases and I've never had one issue.

People have so few real-life problems that they need to find something to be upset about. It would be nice if they'd put their energy into something that actually mattered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10

There's certainly going to be people bandwaggoning, same as anything else. That said, if you distill the issue down to the base you can see ASUS has legitimate issues. I don't remember an ASUS product I've bought that didn't have issues. That's including among a AXE11000, Zenphone 8, ASUS Xonar Essence STX, and an ASUS x370 crosshair vi hero (among others). I've given them nothing but chances even after they shrugged after the Xonar nearly blew my ears out with it's notorious scheech bug.

I'm not a big fan before of ASUS (originally I plan to buy an AsRock mobo, have had MSI VGA, etc.), but after some dig up and many debate in different forums about "the ASUS is suck and they mobos burning down, don't buy it" rant I take a deep breath and buy an ASUS ROG B650E-E.
I have zero negative experience myself and have had positive experience about the ASUS support, so I choose them many times in the past year...

Usually people buy for features, IO, ect. Regular customers aren't going to be like "oh I need these features but you know what, ASUS is being trashed on so forget what I need I'm going to buy ASUS". If someone is buying a specific brand to spite those that trash on it, they are a mega-fan.

The GN apologizes to ASUS when they make a not really accurate video how the AM5 CPU's burn down in ASUS boards?
Yea, actually the first such reported case happened in AsRock board and after that turned out the main problem is the 1.4V upper limit of the VSOC - set by AMD and lowered in AGESA microcode later.

GN never apoligized to ASUS. ASUS boards represented the VAST majority of AM5 boards burning up, they forgot to implement basic safety features, and they were indicating to customers that ASUS caused damage would void their warranty as a result of high voltages ASUS themselves applies or from Beta BIOS updates.

You are straight up spreading misinformation.

Bold assumption to equate product ownership with knowledge. Incorrect, but bold.

The logic that one needs to own something to have an opinion on it was always faulty.

It's all part of internet rage. It's like when fat tech jesus went after newegg a year or two ago. I've been using newegg for 21 years with tens of thousands of $$ worth of purchases and I've never had one issue.

Ah yes, the fallacy that anecdotal evidence trumps everything including other people's anecdotal evidence. A true head in the sand point of view.

People have so few real-life problems that they need to find something to be upset about. It would be nice if they'd put their energy into something that actually mattered.

GN was flooded with emails regarding RMA issues with ASUS. Doesn't sound like a few to me.

Last edited:
Their boards are fine when they work, but when something breaks I'd rather buy from any other brand than pay the Asus tax and not get any decent support.
Customer support and sales vary wildly from region to region, here in India Dell sales reps rarely push "warranties" onto users plus these days they have local shops who sell their products so its much easier to get laptops/monitors with base warranty program and then buying warranty towards the end of bundled "warranty" and even their after sales support is pretty decent here. Compared to this all the videos I have seen of purchase experience from North America it seems like pushing warranties and financing options overall seems to be incentivized and its almost a scammy operation there compared to what I have experienced with Dell in India.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes