• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

City Builder Meets Puzzle Game: TerraScape Full Version Available Now

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
After one year of Early Access, the full version of TerraScape is now available on Steam and GOG. Developer Bitfall Studios has teamed up with Stray Fawn Publishing and INSTINCT3 to get more players excited.

In TerraScape, the mission is simple: transform a small settlement into a flourishing empire. Unlike classic city-building games, TerraScape involves strategically placing game cards onto a procedurally generated world map to earn points. Each building is represented by a card, which is part of a themed deck. The placement and order of building cards significantly impact the amount of points earned. Accumulated points can be used to acquire new decks, helping players advance their settlement's development. Players can combine their cards to create impressive structures that influence their surroundings and instantly change the game's dynamics.

Since its Early Access release, TerraScape has been regularly updated with new content and features. Different game modes offer long-lasting enjoyment. Players can master various levels in the story-like challenge or climb the global leaderboards by achieving high scores. Additionally, online co-op and versus modes allow up to four friends to develop a settlement together or compete against each other.

A big update has been released alongside the game's launch. Legendary building cards, five new biomes, and three entirely new decks have made their way into the game. On top of this, an updated user interface, varying map designs and an advanced tech tree menu make the game even more versatile. Thirteen new buildings and three additional Megastructures created through fusion increase the total number of cards to 53 and 21, respectively.

With the help of Bitfall Studios' new publishing partners Stray Fawn Publishing and INSTINCT3, the game is expanding its reach and will be enjoyed by even more players.

The full version of TerraScape is now available for $14.99 on Steam and GOG with a 30% launch discount ending on July 31. More updates for the game are planned down the road.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Merc v8
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 with Arctic fans
Memory 2x 16GB G.Skill Flare X F5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16G GAMING X SLIM
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB & 2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU 27"
Case Caselabs Mercury S8
Audio Device(s) Schiit Magni & Modi, Edifier S351DB
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex PX-850
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker F75
Software W11Pro
Looks like fun. Hopefully I can build multiple floating islands, one with a fort, one with a light house, oh and a floating ship. I just hope my gpu will handle it.

Processor R7-7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 rev B
Memory no name DDR5-5200
Video Card(s) Some 3080 10GB
Storage dual Intel DC P4610 1.6TB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34MQ + Dell 2708WFP
Case Lian-Li Lancool III black no rgb
Power Supply CM UCP 750W
Software Win 10 Pro x64
just this whole line blacklisted completely the game for me: "involves strategically placing game cards onto a procedurally generated world map to earn points. Each building is represented by a card, which is part of a themed deck. The placement and order of building cards significantly impact the amount of points earned"

So it combines the worst of the worst(TCG-ish game) with the tedium of a city builder, great....

i'll hard pass on this

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
just this whole line blacklisted completely the game for me: "involves strategically placing game cards onto a procedurally generated world map to earn points. Each building is represented by a card, which is part of a themed deck. The placement and order of building cards significantly impact the amount of points earned"

So it combines the worst of the worst(TCG-ish game) with the tedium of a city builder, great....

i'll hard pass on this

I also could never get into card type games.