• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Announces Major Update to Armoury Crate SE Software for Launch of ROG Ally X

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today released Armoury Crate Special Edition 1.5 (ACSE 1.5)—a brand-new major update to this software—to coincide with the launch of the ROG Ally X gaming handheld. Featuring a massive 80 Wh battery, upgraded joysticks and face buttons, and redesigned handgrips, the ROG Ally X is an improvement in every way on the original ROG Ally.

ACSE is the control software behind the ROG Ally and ROG Ally X, and provides a centralized hub for game storage, access, and settings customization for gamers to play all of their games, no matter the launcher. ACSE 1.5 introduces a more console-like and easy-to-navigate UI, with more customization for how game titles are displayed and arranged, and revamped carousel and list views. Taken together, ACSE has seen a huge usability increase since its initial launch just over a year ago.

Easy to navigate and customize
As its a banner feature, ACSE 1.5 offers a more intuitive console-like UI. New layouts, including list and horizontal views, give gamers more ways than ever to customize their experience. A new Light Mode option compliments the existing Dark Mode, and a new My Favorites tab allows gamers to easily sort their most played games for quick access. ACSE 1.5 also allows users to uninstall games more quickly from

The Game Library view, a highly requested feature from the community. For gamers with an extensive collection of games, ACSE also introduces a new search function.

Deep Game Profile customization
ACSE 1.5 offers significant upgrades to the customizability of Game Profiles. With a separate entry for each installed game, Game Profiles allow users to selectively create settings that are tuned for each game, rather than a one size fits all solution. The ASCE 1.5 update now also allows these customized Game Profile settings to be dialed in on a per-game basis. Settings like Radeon Super Resolution (RSR), AMD Fluid Motion Frames (AFMF) and Radeon Anti-Lag can all be enabled or disabled via Game Profile. ACSE 1.5 also introduces the ability for users to import and export their unique Game Profile settings to share with the rest of the ROG Ally community, complete with button mappings and device settings. Rather than a global that would affect all games on the device, Game Profile customization allows users to truly tweak the ROG Ally and Ally X into their perfect gaming machine.

Seamless updates, all in one location
ACSE 1.5 also comes with all the improvements added to ACSE since the launch of the original Ally. Nearly all Ally updates are now delivered seamlessly from one location in ACSE, including BIOS updates, driver updates, and more. ACSE also added support for gyroscope this year as an alternate control input and an adjustable TDP slider when in Manual Mode. It also offers simple calibration tools to dial in gyro and joystick sensitivity, and features more customization options for the real time monitor tool, giving gamers more ways to track their device's performance. The latest version of Armoury Crate SE redefines the software experience with the ROG Ally and Ally X, allowing gamers to spend more time gaming and less time tinkering with settings.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

In the abyss, where all I can see is...nuthin !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Armoury Crape, oh yea.... but it's "special: now, so yep, I'm downloading it, like, right friggin now.....

n.O.t...

They can "redefine" it all they want, but as long as it continues to cause BSOD's and conflicts and suck up massive resources, this forum is as close as it will ever get to any of my pc's :D

As for the boi-toi pad thingy, I don't do those, so they can keep them too !

Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
Does it still block Nvidia drivers from being installed because it makes a registry edit? It just made the app totally broken.

It's like a competition between these manufacturers to see who can develop the worst software suite. Borderline malware.

System Name Stugots V
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright PA-120 Black
Memory 2 x 16GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual RTX 4070
Storage 500GB WD SN750 | 2TB WD SN750 | 6TB WD Red +
Display(s) Dell S2716DG (1440p / 144Hz)
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element | Audioengine HD3 + A8 | Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro (250)
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Leopold FC750RBT
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Yea I really like my Zephyrus G14 but Amory Crate is its Achilles heel without question.

System Name Cast Lead™
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50GHz
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX H270F GAMING
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
Storage Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm
Display(s) LG 24MP59G
Case Green Z4
Audio Device(s) Realtek High Definition Audio
Power Supply Green 650 UK Gold
Software Windows 10™ Pro 64 bit
the reason i choose deck

I have an ROG Ally and honestly don't mind Armoury Crate at all. The recent update made it a bit faster and the few bugs I initially had have been ironed out.
The Ally is such an amazing piece of hardware, actually, and makes the perfect evening deck / patio companion. I don't miss my Steam Deck at all. It's a dust collector.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Waiting when the ROG Ally X gaming handheld gets AI......... :D

System Name B20221017 Pro SP1 R2 Gaming Edition
Processor AMD Ryzen 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus ProArt X670E-Creator
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73
Memory G.Skill Trident Z DDR5-6000 CL30 64GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX 3090 Founders Edition
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB + Samsung 870 Evo 4TB
Display(s) Samsung CF791 Curved Ultrawide
Case NZXT H7 Flow
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Armoury Crape, oh yea.... but it's "special: now, so yep, I'm downloading it, like, right friggin now.....

n.O.t...

They can "redefine" it all they want, but as long as it continues to cause BSOD's and conflicts and suck up massive resources, this forum is as close as it will ever get to any of my pc's :D

As for the boi-toi pad thingy, I don't do those, so they can keep them too !
It's horrible on my desktop PC, but on the Ally, this "special edition" is actually pretty good. It's relatively fast, responsive, doesn't cause BSODs, and they've done a good job listening to feedback. Most of the new features added over the last year were a direct result of user feedback.

Why they don't do the same for the desktop version is beyond me.