• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Introduces Razer Kitsune Fighter's Edition: Akuma

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
It's a thrilling moment for all of us at Razer as we unveil a special tribute to one of the fighting game community and Street Fighter 6's most revered characters, the legend, Akuma. The Razer Kitsune Fighter's Edition: Akuma is set to ignite the spirit of competition with its unique design and top-tier functionality, making its debut exclusively at EVO Las Vegas 2024.

Akuma Descends on the Razer Kitsune
The Razer Kitsune Fighter's Edition: Akuma not only embodies the ferocity and mystique of Akuma but also elevates the gaming experience with its exceptional design details. This limited-edition Razer Kitsune features a fully dye-sublimated aluminium top plate showcasing Akuma in all his fearsome glory, set against a backdrop that captures the essence of his power and intensity. All this, packaged in a unique collectable box wrapped in synthetic leather. Limited to just 1000 units globally, this true collector's item is as exclusive as it is powerful, with a limited number of units making their premiere at EVO Las Vegas for sale exclusively from the Razer booth.

Optical Precision Meets Legendary Style
At its core, the Razer Kitsune is renowned for transforming the arcade controller landscape with its all-button optical setup, designed specifically for PS5 and PC. This special edition maintains all the high-performance features that the Kitsune is known for:
  • Precise Quad Movement Button Layout: This innovative feature replaces traditional joysticks with four tactile buttons, allowing for precise, error-free inputs that are crucial during high-stakes matches.
  • Razer Low-profile Linear Optical Switches: Enjoy rapid-fire responses and flawless execution with switches designed for speed and accuracy, essential for mastering Akuma's complex move set.
  • Powered by Razer Chroma RGB: Illuminate your path to victory with customizable lighting options that reflect your style and mood, enhancing the visual spectacle of every bout.

Designed for Portability and Performance
The Razer Kitsune Fighters Edition: Akuma also features a slim, portable form factor, making it the perfect companion for fighters on the go.

Its robust build includes a removable aluminium top plate for easy customization and a secure cable clasp to ensure uninterrupted gameplay, especially vital during tournament play.

A Must-Have for Street Fighter Enthusiasts and FGC Collectors
Priced at $329.99 / €379.99 and available from July 19th in limited quantities exclusively at EVO Las Vegas, Razer.com, and RazerStores, the Razer Kitsune Fighters Edition: Akuma is a must-have for fans of Akuma and collectors of exclusive gaming memorabilia.

Prepare to unleash the power of Akuma with every strike and experience the pinnacle of fighting game hardware. The Razer Kitsune Fighter's Edition: Akuma is not just about playing the game; it's about living every moment of the fight.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS Prime X670E-Pro WIFI
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory Kingston FURY Beast 2x16GB 6000MHz CL36
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Samsung 990 Pro 4TB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Lexar NM790 4TB
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i ATX 3.1
Anyone know what happened to the cheap Razer mouse pads? They only sell the Goliathus Mobile now for 10 euro.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
@Knight47
Margins too slim to continue production, I would assume. If “cheap” is the only concern there are plenty of pads on AliExpress that are dirt cheap and good enough, you can try buying a bunch of those.

On topic though, I think I could get a custom Hitbox for these money, if I wanted to go back to seriously playing FGs. So thanks, Razer, but no, thanks.

Last edited:
Over here, right where you can't see me !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Anyone know what happened to the cheap Razer mouse pads?
Yea, I know....

Razakuma bought them all up & turned them into this ridiculously absurd, overpriced turd nonsense :D

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Moondrop Chu II + TRN BT20S
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
On topic though, I think I could get a custom Hitbox for these money, if I wanted to go back to seriously playing FGs. So thanks, Razer, but no, thanks.
nah, even cheaper ... a custom hitbox/flatbox/fightbox can go as low as 33$ just like my Chun Li model (Cherry MX Speed silver, RPi pico based )

a bit more compact but highly customizable well built and they exist in multiple options (mine is 12 buttons but can go higher depending on the model )
20240404_163832.jpg