• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Ryzen 7 8745H APU Debuts in China

Nomad76

News Editor
Staff member
AMD has unveiled its latest processor, the Ryzen 8040H. This new model boasts 8 Zen 4 cores and full RDNA3 graphics with 12 Compute Units. Notably, it lacks the AMD XDNA processor, confirming earlier rumors of a mobile SKU without a Neural Processing Unit (NPU). Contrary to speculation, the 8040H's specifications differ from the Ryzen 8845HS. The new chip has a boost clock of 4.9 GHz, 200 MHz lower than its predecessor. Graphics performance has also been slightly reduced, with the 12 Compute Units clocked at 2.6 GHz, down from 2.7 GHz in the 8845H.

The Lenovo XiaoXin 14 Pro is the first laptop to feature this new APU, priced at 5499 RMB ($768) with 24 GB of memory. For comparison, a similar model with the 8845H and 32 GB of memory is priced at 5599 RMB ($773), suggesting only a marginal price difference between the two configurations.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

I wonder how big the market is for AMD in China. Obviously there's a large population there, but I wonder how their market share is in that country... Definitely enough to come out with a product(s) specific for the country.

Nomad76

News Editor
Staff member
I wonder how big the market is for AMD in China. Obviously there's a large population there, but I wonder how their market share is in that country... Definitely enough to come out with a product(s) specific for the country.
I am not sure about market share, however, last year 15% of AMD sales were generated by China + Taiwan (Intel made 27% of its total revenue).