• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EIZO Releases FlexScan EV4340X 4K IPS Monitor

Nomad76

News Editor
Staff member
EIZO presents the FlexScan EV4340X, a particularly powerful monitor that has been specifically developed for workplaces where maximum overview is required. With its large screen diagonal of 42.5 inches, the EIZO FlexScan EV4340X is predestined for use in control rooms, control stations, trading centers or similar work environments: Thanks to its high 4K resolution (3,840 x 2,160 pixels), it displays four times as much information as a Full HD monitor and more than twice as much as a WQHD display. With a fine pixel density of 104 ppi, every detail remains recognizable.

The EIZO FlexScan EV4340X fits perfectly into the intended installation with modern connectivity. In addition to two HDMI inputs and a DisplayPort connection, the monitor offers full USB-C docking functionality including DisplayPort Alt Mode, transmission of video, audio and USB data signals and a power supply of up to 94 watts. The FlexScan EV4340X is therefore an ideal match for notebooks, which always come with fewer connections from the factory and even have a stable Ethernet connection thanks to the monitor's integrated LAN port.

The monitor also masters operation with multiple computers or image sources with ease. The integrated KVM switch allows, for example, the use of a keyboard and mouse combination on two computers. Thanks to its picture-in-picture (PbP) function, the monitor can display up to four video signals side by side. The switch on the front makes it easy to switch between 12 possible layouts. The picture-in-picture (PiP) function for two signal sources allows efficient screen sharing for presentations and meetings. These and other important functions can also be controlled using the remote control supplied as an alternative to operating the monitor. This makes the EIZO FlexScan EV4340X well suited for wall mounting, where the buttons on the front are not accessible to users. Its slim design makes grouping in multi-screen systems particularly easy.

The EIZO FlexScan EV4340X is an excellent choice for workplaces where a clear overview is required - and where sustainability is a priority in procurement. The benefits here include the use of more than 75% recycled material in the housing plastics, reduced power consumption and the use of recycled cardboard and newsprint for packaging. These measures for sustainable product design complement EIZO's company-wide initiatives, which also include the use of renewable energy in production and supply chain management. The monitor is also certified to global, comprehensive sustainability standards such as EPEAT (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool) and EnergyStar. With a five-year warranty and on-site replacement service, EIZO also ensures a high level of investment security.

For more details visit product page here.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Claimed power consumption of 31W for monitor of this size is a bit questionable, also target audience is quite a wierd bunch.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Claimed power consumption of 31W for monitor of this size is a bit questionable, also target audience is quite a wierd bunch.
That's typical consumption, max is 240W+, which sounds about right for this monitor (42", no fancy backlighting, no HDR).
Quite niched, as you have noted. But then again, Eizo was never meant for the masses.

That's typical consumption, max is 240W+, which sounds about right for this monitor (42", no fancy backlighting, no HDR).
Quite niched, as you have noted. But then again, Eizo was never meant for the masses.
Isnt typical power consumption usually measured at 150 or 200nits even so its quite a bit lower for screen of its size. Currently many traders use TVs in their offices and this monitor with low power consumption and no "smart" spywares would be a great replacement for the TVs.

bug

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Isnt typical power consumption usually measured at 150 or 200nits even so its quite a bit lower for screen of its size. Currently many traders use TVs in their offices and this monitor with low power consumption and no "smart" spywares would be a great replacement for the TVs.
Hard to say. I calibrated my monitor and it reaches 120nits at 2% brightness. For many (most?) monitors brightness isn't a linear setting.

System Name YACS amd
Processor 5800x,
Motherboard gigabyte x570 aorus gaming elite.
Cooling bykski GPU, and CPU, syscooling p93x pump
Memory corsair vengeance pro rgb, 3600 ddr4 stock timings.
Video Card(s) xfx merc 310 7900xtx
Storage kingston kc3000 2TB, amongst others. Fanxiang s770 2TB
Display(s) benq ew3270u, or acer XB270hu, acer XB280hk, asus VG 278H,
Case lian li LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) obs,
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti pro 1000w
Mouse logitech g703
Keyboard durogod keyboard. (cherry brown switches)
Software win 11, win10pro.
no mention that it is Japanese. “Made in Japan” elevates a product for me.

funny thing, nothing in the press releases makes me want to buy it. everything in the press release is standard stuff. was this press release written in Japanese for a Japanese audience that only looks for Japanese products?… (that is fine, i prefer Sony TV’s… )

i picked an optician,(not ophthalmologist) because it sold Japanese frames (or made in Japan) Although it was imperative that they also sold Zeiss lenses… (they also sold Nikon lenses, but i was not looking for Plastic lenses…)

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
no mention that it is Japanese. “Made in Japan” elevates a product for me.

funny thing, nothing in the press releases makes me want to buy it. everything in the press release is standard stuff. was this press release written in Japanese for a Japanese audience that only looks for Japanese products?… (that is fine, i prefer Sony TV’s… )

i picked an optician,(not ophthalmologist) because it sold Japanese frames (or made in Japan) Although it was imperative that they also sold Zeiss lenses… (they also sold Nikon lenses, but i was not looking for Plastic lenses…)
This is how professional companies roll: whoever needs an Eizo monitor, already knows what Eizo brings to the table, there's no need for Eizo to write that all over the place.