• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cooler Master Announces HAF 5 Pro and NR2 Pro Prebuilt Desktops

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Cooler Master, a leading provider of PC components, gaming peripherals, and tech lifestyle solutions, today announced the launch of two groundbreaking PC systems: The HAF 5 Pro, and NR2 Pro. These new systems exemplify Cooler Master's dedication to delivering high-performance computing solutions with innovative design and advanced cooling technology.

"At Cooler Master, we strive to blend cutting-edge technology with innovative design. The HAF 5 Pro, and NR2 Pro exemplify our commitment to excellence," said Jimmy Sha, CEO of Cooler Master. "We are excited to bring these revolutionary systems to our users."

HAF 5 Pro: Premier Gaming and Professional Performance
The Cooler Master HAF 5 Pro is designed for gamers and professionals who demand the highest levels of performance. This system is built to handle gaming and professional workloads.
  • Specs: Latest Intel Core processors and NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics.
  • Memory: 16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM for seamless multitasking.
  • Storage: 1 TB NVMe PCIe SSD for lightning-fast load times.
  • Cooling: Features the legendary Hyper 212 heat pipe technology for superior thermal performance.
  • The HAF 5 Pro ensures you can game, create, and work without any performance bottlenecks, delivering smooth and reliable performance across all applications.

NR2 Pro: Power in a Compact Form
For those seeking exceptional performance in a small footprint, the NR2 Pro is the ideal solution. This compact high-performance PC is engineered for gaming, productivity, and content creation, all while maintaining efficient cooling and impressive power.
  • Specs: Intel Core i9-14900K processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Super graphics card.
  • Memory: 64 GB DDR5-5600 MHz RAM for unparalleled multitasking capabilities.
  • Storage: 2 TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD for blazing-fast performance and ample storage.
  • Cooling: Equipped with a 280 mm Cooler Master AIO liquid cooler and 3rd-generation CPU pump.
  • The NR2 Pro delivers stunning 4K visuals and exceptional performance, making it perfect for demanding applications and immersive gaming experiences.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Specs: Intel Core i9-14900K processor

John Goodman Reaction GIF

That will be a no from me

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
I'm not sure about the full extent of the Intel 13 and 14 gen issues but I'm not interested in buying into it now. I was considering Intel as an option when I bought / built my last system and I regarded Intel / AMD as a tossup at the time. I just so happened to go with an AMD RyZen 9 7950X. Options are good IMO. The fact that CoolerMaster doesn't offer AMD as an option is a choice but even Dell offers some AMD processors and AMD GPUs.

I'd likely build my own anyway but super hard pass for me and I'd have some difficulty even refiring someone to this as an option in todays market.

How are these prebuilts/OEM's getting a free pass on selling these "potentially" defective chips even now? Pretty much every press release or ad should have a big red disclaimer on them by now :slap:

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
How are these prebuilts/OEM's getting a free pass on selling these "potentially" defective chips even now? Pretty much every press release or ad should have a big red disclaimer on them by now :slap:
Well the manufacturer of said chips hasn't rung the alarm.

I have a Synology DS1815+ NAS that uses the Intel Atom C2000 series SoC (C2538). Intel reported errata that was critical for the C2000 series. It couldn't be patched either rather require a pull down resister as a fix to prevent essentially being bricked. Some manufacturers using the SoC issued a recall but Synology simply extended the warranty (while acknowledging the issue). My DS1815+ was already outside the return window but still within warranty. So I called Synology tech support and asked for a replacement with the fix (pulldown resister) of which the started manufacturing in early 2017 (February IIRC) and they agreed. Synology sent me a newly manufactured DS1815+ replacement (late February as noted by the serial number) via cross-ship. It's still running strong.

Things can be done to mitigate the issue but the manufacturer must first admit that there is a problem.

I'm hoping Intel can address this 13 / 14 series issue with a micro-code update but even if they can I have concerns it will effect performance negatively in general like security fixes in the past.