• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Faces Shareholder Lawsuit Amid Financial Turmoil and Layoffs, Company Misled Investors

Processor i5-6600K
Motherboard Asus Z170A
Cooling some cheap Cooler Master Hyper 103 or similar
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) 2x Oldell 24" 1920x1200
Case Bitfenix Nova white windowless non-mesh
Audio Device(s) E-mu 1212m PCI
Power Supply Seasonic G-360
Mouse Logitech Marble trackball, never had a mouse
Keyboard Key Tronic KT2000, no Win key because 1994
Software Oldwin
All right. Intel did not force shareholders to buy their shares. The free market is a risk that shareholders take on themselves. Why should Intel be held responsible for the unreasonable buying and selling of shareholders?
While I agree, if this is true (and well-paid lawyers will decide if it's true):
the company made misleading statements about its business operations and manufacturing capabilities
then they certainly have a basis to sue.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs, 24TB Enterprise drives
Display(s) 55" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
View attachment 358100

I'm just waiting for the all-time low to buy. It's not there yet, close. Keep up the bad press, I need these papers to be cheap to make a lot of dough when they bounce back. - such a shame I was a broke teenager when $AMD was $1.40

The source article says revenue fell 1%. No clue where the 99% number came from.
I agree, probably going to shift at least 10K to Intel on the low, but it’s not going to happen until they get their hands smacked in the US and EU for their shenanigans.

All right. Intel did not force shareholders to buy their shares. The free market is a risk that shareholders take on themselves. Why should Intel be held responsible for the unreasonable buying and selling of shareholders?

Cause the relationship of a shareholder is that of an investor, and investors shouldn’t be blatantly lied to about the status of their company/investment, otherwise no one would invest in anything and companies and ideas couldn’t grow

In all companies marketing has false.
Cause the relationship of a shareholder is that of an investor, and investors shouldn’t be blatantly lied to about the status of their company/investment, otherwise no one would invest in anything and companies and ideas couldn’t grow
Intel investors, even the big ones, don't seem to have any inside information on the real state of affairs? In addition, they read and remembered from the Internet only the positive reviews about Intel products, mistakenly passing by their ears all the negative information, which is constantly there, although with a lower intensity, compared to after the scandal broke out.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Dude, Intel has been lying for the last decade man. In a perfect world they'd have your actual interests at heart but this is the real world. You can hope for it but cannot expect it. And when it goes pear shaped, there are shareholder lawsuits like the ones coming out now.

And George is right that the into from analysts on WS is generally BS and superficial. Very few of these analysts actually know wtf the industry is like. None of them saw AMD coming till it smacked Intel, too big to fail they said. I bought into AMD when it was $2 bux and change. I saw the writing on the wall with Mantle... and many others on forums like this saw it coming too. But Wallstreet, sheesh the ignored the facts, Intel is a juggernaut, ain't never going to happen. Some of these clowns were still pushing INTC on CNBS last month.

Processor i5-6600K
Motherboard Asus Z170A
Cooling some cheap Cooler Master Hyper 103 or similar
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) 2x Oldell 24" 1920x1200
Case Bitfenix Nova white windowless non-mesh
Audio Device(s) E-mu 1212m PCI
Power Supply Seasonic G-360
Mouse Logitech Marble trackball, never had a mouse
Keyboard Key Tronic KT2000, no Win key because 1994
Software Oldwin
And George is right that the into from analysts on WS is generally BS and superficial. Very few of these analysts actually know wtf the industry is like. None of them saw AMD coming till it smacked Intel, too big to fail they said. I bought into AMD when it was $2 bux and change. I saw the writing on the wall with Mantle... and many others on forums like this saw it coming too. But Wallstreet, sheesh the ignored the facts, Intel is a juggernaut, ain't never going to happen. Some of these clowns were still pushing INTC on CNBS last month.
Those analysts have their paying customers too. On their public blogs, they write alarming posts following the pattern: "Stocks gonna fall! Deep! If!" But no, don't assume they are stupid and ignorant, or they wouldn't stay in business. I'm confident that they have, and sell, informed and detailed predictions. First of all, some time dynamics. Stocks gonna fall when? Recover in a matter of days or stay low? Probability estimates? etc.

HiDrag

These law suits happen literally ALL the TIME. The Lawyers are nothing more than Corporate versions of ambulance chasers. Once in thousand they hit pay dirt.

Trust me on this, in the Annual Report and proxies the risks Intel faces and now face were disclosed to shareholders. Their lawyers and accountants made damn sure of this. How do I know this - first hand experience in two public companies.

Wall Street functions as a marketplace for stocks and bonds. It is the gazillion analysts that post clickbait "buy this now by the bucket load" that mislead people because they are just after clicks. Prudent investors knew Intel was in for some heartaches, in particular with their Foundry plans.

I owned Intel stock for a long time - but sold it 2022. I'm not bragging but really guys the writing was on the wall.

Last edited:
System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
My view is this is driven by investment fund trading that have decided to consider international geopolitical risks and see the billions of dollar fab investments in israel as no longer deserving valuation multipliers. An analyst makes a coefficient change in a valuation spreadsheet and suddenly they program the autotrading bots from buy to sell.

MV = [ fn (revenue streams from IP, growth) + fn (profit streams from assets, growth) + fn (asset values) + fn (hype) ] x fn (industry specific belle vs. dog factor)

i see shifts in asset values, which assets can make profits, hype, belle factors. Nothing to do with profits last quarter. A decent defence lawyer can stop these vultures and countersue for defamation

Notwithstanding, Intel cannot produce cheap-as-chips microprocessors. They need to produce cheaper cpus but can't. Their overheads and production costs are too high. And someone changed their "g" growth predictions and whoosh, 50% MV disappears.