• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Reveals the CTE E550 TG Mid Tower Chassis with Panoramic Viewing

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
Thermaltake, a leading PC DIY brand for premium hardware solutions, is thrilled to announce that the CTE E550 TG Mid Tower Chassis is now ready for purchase. The CTE E550 TG features three tempered glass panels, providing an expansive view to showcase your build. Furthermore, it supports the latest hidden-connector motherboards and offers a three-way GPU installation option, seamlessly blending aesthetics with high compatibility. Available in Black, Snow, Gravel Sand, and Matcha Green, the CTE E550 TG allows you to choose the perfect color for PC configurations.

The CTE E550 TG is the CTE Series' new dual chamber mid-tower with a panoramic design. It is equipped with tempered glass panels on the front, rear, and left side, delivering a wide field of vision typically seen only in open-frame chassis. Compatible with standard and the latest hidden-connector motherboards such as ASUS BTF Series, MSI PROJECT ZERO Series, and GIGABYTE PROJECT STEALTH Series, the CTE E550 TG excels in cable management by routing cables to the back side for a cleaner, more organized look.

Crafted with a three-way GPU installation option, the CTE E550 TG enables you to place GPU based on your preference.

Three-Way GPU Installation
  • 1. Floating GPU: Placing the GPU in the middle of the chassis by using the enclosed floating GPU bracket and our separately sold 400 mm long PCI-e 4.0 riser cable
  • 2. Up Right: Hanging the GPU vertically
  • 3. Right Forward: Placing it up-right with the graphics card facing forward to the side panel on the rotational PCI-e slots

Designed for optimal cooling performance, the CTE E550 TG provides outstanding hardware compatibility. This chassis can house up to 420 mm DIY radiators on the bottom and M/B side, 420 mm/360 mm AIO radiators on the M/B side, an air cooler with a maximum height of 166 mm, and up to eight 120 mm fans or six 140 mm fans. This chassis offers outstanding flexibility, allowing you to create the dream cooling solution for your high-end components.

The right chamber of the CTE E550 TG provides ample space and numerous anchor points, making cable management a breeze with the included Velcro straps and cable ties in the accessory box. Additionally, the removable filters at the top, bottom, and right side of the chassis ensure optimal dust protection for the components and are easily removable for cleaning, enhancing your installation experience.

The CTE E550 TG Mid Tower Chassis combines aesthetics and functionality, featuring an ultra-wide viewing angle, three-way GPU installation, and support for the latest hidden-connector motherboards. All four color editions are now available for purchase, and don't miss out on this exceptional CTE E550 TG!

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
Nope, dumb design.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
This looks like a case that uses tempered glass as a structural component. Presumably the front and back panes aren't removable otherwise this thing is just a floppy wet noodle that's only supported on one of four sides by the typical ThermalTake 0.5mm SECC.

Probably quite nice for an exhibition build but the idea of building into that case and then shipping the built PC in the original case box is a 100% resounding "no".

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
This looks like a case that uses tempered glass as a structural component. Presumably the front and back panes aren't removable otherwise this thing is just a floppy wet noodle that's only supported on one of four sides by the typical ThermalTake 0.5mm SECC.

Probably quite nice for an exhibition build but the idea of building into that case and then shipping the built PC in the original case box is a 100% resounding "no".
An issue that can be easily overcome by making the back panel out of thicker material or through design/structural choices such as corrugated.

Personally I like the case and think it'd look in white

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15S chromax black/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives WD SN850X 1TB 4x4 BOOT/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4 STEAM/USB3 4TB OTHER
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Yamaha YSP-800 DSP soundbar/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro X64
Benchmark Scores Who cares
Squint and its a o11D

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 32GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo XL
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR / AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
What the hell is point of this when the PSU cable still comes out the traditional end?

The only thing this case achieves is pain in the ass cabling.

I'm glad my O11D Evo XL has a support bar in the corner for that reason (removable with 4 screws), otherwise it's impossible to properly lift it without seriously flexing the front top half.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
An issue that can be easily overcome by making the back panel out of thicker material or through design/structural choices such as corrugated.

Personally I like the case and think it'd look in white
It doesn't look like they've done that.

From what I can tell the motherboard tray and back panel form a thin steel box where the motherboard tray is mostly open cutout holes for cooler mounting, SSDs, cable routing with a few pieces to connect motherboard standoffs. The back panel is mostly solid but it's too far away from the unsupported glass sides to really offer any structural support.

I don't think people move display cases like this around very much anyway, it's just not practical - so the strength of the case isn't really something you'd worry about once built (and I've already said it wouldn't be a case I'd choose if the system was ever going to need shipping).

Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
Ah yes make a pretty case but make sure all the spaghetti cables come out of the top, it'll look so good.

Who thought bringing the messy cables of the rear of a case to the top would look any amount of good.

Edit: wait... you gotta take the top off to plug stuff in? Bend all my cables up? Get lost

tpuuser256

From what I read, it's indeed a good idea to avoid shipping full builds altogether...

I love TTs design choices lately, prettier than other brands on average.