• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple Introduces the iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus

What do you think of when you see the iphone colors now? Cotton candy? Candyland? Seems like a step in the wrong direction for Apple unless they're trying to reel in the next gen tiktokers....

Just an interesting take on their lineup. Did mother nature show up again this year? Didn't watch the entire thing? lol
I like them, i don’t like how they are presenting the pro Line.
its a tool not a jewel

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Because the moment you scroll the screen, it turns into a phone worse than a 130 bucks Samsung A53. Name me another 800 bucks phone from other brands that doesn't ship at least a 120 Hz display.
This is a high end price from a high end brand, don't save a penny on the display. Unless you just do it to block the new 120 Hz recording features.

If you think a phone is nothing more than a high refresh screen then an android is definitely for you.

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
If you think a phone is nothing more than a high refresh screen then an android is definitely for you.
If you think paying 800 bucks for 2015 specs is fine, Apple is for you.
Enjoy the USB 2.0 transfers speeds while at it.

Apple fans, they will defend 8GB and decade old specs to the last day until Apple decides to finally upgrade them.

Apple fans, they will defend 8GB and decade old specs to the last day until Apple decides to finally upgrade them.
The pro that does all the video is 10Gbit USB 3, they probably rightfully think iphone users won't be transferring much data from their phones to their workstations.
Also now that they are wifi 7 equipped it wouldn't surprise me that they could airdrop data faster than connecting them over the USB cable if the other device is also wifi 7

What apple needs is fast charging and sane prices (if they wanted to sell me an iphone)

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix

your statement made it sound like for $800 all you get is a screen. but obviously a phone is a lot more than a screen. people want high build quality products with 6-8 years of software support that apple provides. all android phones are broken in less than 2. android fans will defend even the crappies build quality plastic phones. o_O

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
The pro that does all the video is 10Gbit USB 3, they probably rightfully think iphone users won't be transferring much data from their phones to their workstations.
Also now that they are wifi 7 equipped it wouldn't surprise me that they could airdrop data faster than connecting them over the USB cable if the other device is also wifi 7

What apple needs is fast charging and sane prices (if they wanted to sell me an iphone)
The worst part is that the excuse with the base 15 was that the old SoC didn't have an USB 3 controller.
Now the 16 does, and still gets the 2009 USB port. While still charging an insane price.

your statement made it sound like for $800 all you get is a screen. but obviously a phone is a lot more than a screen. people want high build quality products with 6-8 years of software support that apple provides. all android phones are broken in less than 2. android fans will defend even the crappies build quality plastic phones. o_O
Love the 2015 Android mentality. Build quality is comparable at that price range, and phones now have 5 to 7 years of support too. That argument old now.
Keep spreading brand hate and defending a bad product, it's lovely.

The iPhone lineup once again starts with the Pro, anything under it is garbage.

Last edited:

well lately google-samsung catching up with update support (7years)
but lets be honest, that apple long software support isnt that great, look at how much feature for older phones they cut each major release

for build quality, well if you bought phone with similar price range (albeit cheaper) say above $500, it will last as long as iphone

and metal-frame is not equal to "good" build quality, i mean bend-gate with metal frame happen , so
+ if we consider cost to repair to iphone, while for cheap android phone, people can simply buy new one

its just matter people preference, but there no need to support apple-tax